Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

they were making a FE 64 game but it kept getting delayed while the team did other N64 poo poo so the main FE guy made Thracia in the meantime, then he quit and made a really blatant FE clone for PSX that got him sued

the first GBA game (The Binding Blade, FE6) is loosely based on the cancelled N64 game
What's the PSX game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the PSX game?
Tear Ring Saga, apparently it's ok but full of his weird fetishes that Nintendo managed to mostly reign in

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the PSX game?

it's called Tear Ring Saga, there's a fan translation somewhere. he also made a sequel called Berwick Saga that's not as blatant a ripoff

before Nintendo sued it was called Emblem Saga and all the characters, classes, place names etc were near-identical to classic FE poo poo and he did interviews saying it was literally the same universe, even the revised version that made it to market is pretty shameless

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Season Pass (May 19, $44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.

lmao the loving DLC is more expensive than the game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Awakening's DLC, at its very cheapest, was like $80-90 total

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if it's anything like the last two games anyone who buys all the DLC deserves ripped off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah FE dlc is not worth it in my experience, unless you get a character specific one for like 2 bucks. I bought Anna for Fates and it was cool

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Nintendo DLC never goes on sale either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This comes out on Friday

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not vbuying it or playing it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i couldn't finish even 1 of the last 3 fire emblem games even tho i was rly hyped up and thought it would be where i finally got into fire emblem ;( Won't Get Fooled Again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

i couldn't finish even 1 of the last 3 fire emblem games even tho i was rly hyped up and thought it would be where i finally got into fire emblem ;( Won't Get Fooled Again

This one won't be very good probably. But that's probably meaningless since I guess you just don't like fire Emblem, unless the three games you tried were awakening, birthright and revelations

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

awakening was fine. anyway, i'd give the gba games a go on an emu some day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's he only one I haven't beaten but maybe I just didn't breed good future children

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and I haven't ever played the Wii one because they sold 17 copies and discs go for like 80+ dollars last I checked

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh and I haven't ever played the Wii one because they sold 17 copies and discs go for like 80+ dollars last I checked

If you still have a modded Wii around that's not an issue. It's pretty good too, part 1 is probably the best part of like any Fire Emblem mechanically.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Wii one is cool. I'm going to buy this one and like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here lunchmeat Larry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

from the info I've seen it seems the maps are bad (multiple different people comparing them to Fire Emblem Heroes) but it's more like a classic RPG because you level much faster than normal and there's more variety in character builds with the flexibility of weapon skills and class branches. Seems fun to me but more like FFTactics or something than a traditional FE game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

This one won't be very good probably. But that's probably meaningless since I guess you just don't like fire Emblem, unless the three games you tried were awakening, birthright and revelations

Those are the 3 i tried lol. I remember playing one of the old GBA ones when i was a lot younger and liking it ok but Advance Wars was my series of choice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

from the info I've seen it seems the maps are bad (multiple different people comparing them to Fire Emblem Heroes) but it's more like a classic RPG because you level much faster than normal and there's more variety in character builds with the flexibility of weapon skills and class branches. Seems fun to me but more like FFTactics or something than a traditional FE game

I'll see if I can pirate it or buy if theres no goddamn other way

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Those are the 3 i tried lol. I remember playing one of the old GBA ones when i was a lot younger and liking it ok but Advance Wars was my series of choice

Conquest was a lot better even tho the story was stupid. Sad Advance wars is in the same unmarked grave shiggy puts all his victoms in like gunpei yokoi, fzero and metroid

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Conquest was a lot better even tho the story was stupid. Sad Advance wars is in the same unmarked grave shiggy puts all his victoms in like gunpei yokoi, fzero and metroid

lol agreed

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

For every copy of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia you don't buy, I'll buy three.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Seems Valentia got pretty good reviews so far, 84 on Metacritic. I'm still hype for friday.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Foxhound posted:

Seems Valentia got pretty good reviews so far, 84 on Metacritic. I'm still hype for friday.

you know what else has an 84 on metacritic thats right its tokyo mirage sessions and fallout: new vegas

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

you know what else has an 84 on metacritic thats right its tokyo mirage sessions and fallout: new vegas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Two very good games.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

it makes me wonder if it was just like one guy who somebody forgot to tell to stop making FE games and he emerged in 1999 like Hey guys ah made a SNES game

lol. "Not sure why Ihavent been getting a paycheck in a while but this is ready to ship!"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Reviews are making this sound great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's an Office Space sitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*the bug eyed guy in glasses muttering to himself with stapler in hand as he fills office building with gender swap gas and runs for the hills*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never played a FE game, which is the best to start with

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
probably either awakening or birthright

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've never played a FE game, which is the best to start with

I only ever played awakening and it was cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th first gba one is really goodn to start, or the gamecube one. conquest is th e best one so far but it might be pretty tough to strt with

e: i didnt like awaknening as much because i think grinding hurts these games a lot but its not bad either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fates Conquest is my favorite, but probably the first GBA one since it's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And you can ramp up to the wider array of social mechanics and unit building stuff.

• Locked thread