Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I like that the kingdom seems to have been going through it's own stages of development when it ended. There was a fancy, expensive new tram line that likely would have gotten cheaper, wider reaching, and replaced beetle transport with time, but the fantasy apocalypse got in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

It's weird how a random speleology distinction is something people are expected to know. Like, I couldn't name the distinctions between leg or antenna parts of bugs or different types of glass, and that's perfectly normal, but anywhere in America I can reasonably expect someone to know the name and a mnemonic for pointy rocks in caves. Big Cave's got a hold on our elementary educations system, I guess.

As for the DLC characters, while "badass anime self-inserts" are embarrassing, I can kind of get them, cause it's like the next best thing when you don't have the money or talent to make your own anime videogame. I like Milly the cookie bug cause she's the sort of character that fleshes out the world of Hollownest from before everything went to hell, but why would you pay money to make sure she's in it? I guess it's from people who really wanted to make sure Hollow Knight got made more than anything, and the character insert was just a random side thing?

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I'm willing to record lines, but they will all be precepts about pizza, instead of what I've been asked to record.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Someone in the Games thread explained that they saw the White Palace as representative of the process of trying to break into a highly fortified mind, rather than literally what the Palace looked like in the day. I think that explanation works for me. The buzzsaw noises are annoying, but it certainly gets across the "gently caress OFF" aspect of the King's paranoia.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I think the Elder or some other Dirtmouth NPCs talk about travelers used to pass through. Cornifer and Iselda seem to be visitors, and I'd think that Zote's backstory involves an outside community that he's running from. But maybe Hollownest is just supposed to be much larger than it's represented in the game, and they're both from communities we don't see.

• Locked thread