Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
A very good game.

As long as you don't mind bugs, of course. There are a couple of areas that make my skin itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Given that a later enemy has a weapon referred to as a needle and thread, it's the small metal pointy things.

Plus, a bug that comes into contact with a nail (or more correctly, a pin) is probably dead and about to be nailed to a board. The relation nail=death seems pretty obvious.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Look dude I'll pick the silt strider over that clunky clank box for my daily commute any day of the week

There is a sidequest that proves, without doubt, the superiority of trams over bugs.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Highwang posted:

The boss' issues also highlight the poor checkpoint placement in this level, with the next closest one only unlocked AFTER you beat them.
To be fair, getting the respect you deserve feels drat good, and taking a rest after that fight is the perfect way to end a playing session. I have no idea whether it was intentional design or not, but it worked for me.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The most important rule while doing this is DO NOT SIT ON A BENCH.
I'm pretty sure benches act as checkpoints for this quest.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

They don't, unless maybe you're doing something screwy like force quitting when hit.

That's probably it.

I regret nothing. gently caress that last jump. :colbert:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

As far as I'm aware, they fixed that exploit with the latest patch, you dirty cheater.
It's not that hard anyway, since there is an almost completely safe path. I was able to do it on my third try or so. There are way bigger challenges in this game.

Difference being, the rest are fun instead of time consuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

A test of how well you can traverse the world is fun though.

Fair enough, it wasn't for me.

There is a similar challenge that makes you navigate on a limited health (reach a door with a minimum number blue health containers to open it and then platform a bit) that worked better for me because it required solving a puzzle and navigating new territory. I enjoyed that one much more.

• Locked thread