Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Thread title should clearly be This game has too many bugs.

mateo360 posted:

the protag is a stag beetle so your name is right

Well uh, not quite. This game plays it pretty fast and loose with entomology.

VolticSurge posted:

It's overall pretty forgiving. Until you reach an area late in the game,where it suddenly decides you're gonna have a bad time.

I'd say the opposite if we're talking about mandatory stuff. The game is really hard when you're starting out, but gets way easier as you go. Then you get to the optional endgame content...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Haven't seen the video yet so I can't say whether this is what you're talking about, but you can "fast travel" over and above the ingame forms of fast travel in the sense that quitting and reloading will spawn you back at the last bench you rested at.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Samovar posted:

So, the bug people are able to make trams, but the fast travel utilises giant beetles.

Okay.

Humans can build trams too, but in some parts of the world it makes more sense to ride a horse.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Four Kings never attack you two at a time unless you're really really slow though

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

bewilderment posted:

Is the optional boss that Highwang hates the Crystal Guardian 2? I eventually ended up just cheesing that one with a facetank charm build. I'm not at the end of the game - closer to halfway through, but... I played a lot.

I don't think stacking up lifeblood hearts and just going berserk on him, forgoing healing since you don't have time to do it anyway constitutes cheese, it's surely the intended way to play the fight.

bewilderment posted:

I must be missing something because for me the boss of Soul Sanctum has windows to heal that you could drift a bus through.

He does, but they're quite hard for a new player to recognize. This was the first boss I got seriously stuck on when I started out. You really do need to keep a cool head and get a handle on his patterns, unlike the first couple bosses but much like Mantis Lords if you panic and flail around you won't survive.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Desolate Dive is a really good panic button for when you're surrounded and don't know what else to do. It gives you iframes so even if you're getting swarmed you still have a pretty good shot at getting the damage off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

redreader posted:

I'm playing this now and trying to avoid being spoiled or whatever. I've done the first area and greenpath, mostly. The greenpath boss lady was quite tough for me, I had to try her maybe 15-20 times, but that's fine. Otherwise I don't die regularly. So am I too bad at videogames for this, seeing I've heard later bosses are 'too hard' ?

When I first started playing I had a load of problems with this boss and the next two after it, one of which straight up brickwalled me. Once I got the win there I had the confidence to keep going and beat the rest of the game. Most of the really difficult bosses are optional.

• Locked thread