Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr hat from shovel knight kicks so much rear end tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dashmaster isnt even that great until later.
Though, with some skill, you can get to that later incredibly early.

When your dash gets i-frames. :getin:
And the badge that makes your i frames do damage :getin::getin:

Oh and I got the game and relentlessly played it to 100% after video 2.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 31, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The mantis lords are one of those 'click' bosses.
Theyre hard when you start but when you see through the pattern it just clicks into place and you can just wreck em.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vdate posted:

It's not THAT hard a game, to be honest. Maps are easy once you've got them, and Cornifer typically makes his presence easy-ish to find except in deepnest, which made me giggle like crazy, or you can look up where he's at. As long as your Mega Man X (Zero?) skills are up to spec I don't think you'll have many problems!

Ooh it gets hard later on. Its very much concentrated in the late game and the optional stuff.
And some things are just absolutely brutal.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mover posted:

Voted Soul Sanctum because fighting the boss was like hurling my nuts into a vice repeatedly but goddamn if he isn't cool and well designed and has multiple holy poo poo moments

Hes the second most fun boss.

the other being the broken spoiler

And oh man the dream rematch takes them to incredible levels

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anilEhilated posted:

Lost Kin is actually pretty easy to cheese - using any kind of poison aura pops his summons in one shot and without them he's pretty easy to damage-race. Hell, he's the only one of the refights I beat.

You're missing out on a really tense and enjoyable bossfight if you go that route.
I want back with Dashmaster, sharp shadow and the better nail range up and played it like a platinumgames mirror match

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its an abandoned wyrm frat house and those are all spent kegs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

There's other kingdoms!?!?

implied to be other kingdoms
Or at least other places where bugs arent feral.

• Locked thread