Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
So... I'm gonna rightfully get made fun of for this pedantry, but here goes.

The 'channel' in most swords is called a fuller, and its typical use is to reduce the weight of the sword without impacting its durability(the arch shape of the fuller is more resistant to stresses than a flat line). That said, a fuller runs along the length of the blade, not in the shape we see on the nail. Realistically, I don't see how that kind of fuller would be useful. The force is coming from the wrong direction(which is to say, not dead on the same angle as the arch), which would pretty much crumple that nail in a few swings. But now I'm going too far down the rabbit hole, so let's just say it works and leave it there.

Assuming it does work, this would reduce the overall weight of the nail, probably improving its balance for ease of use, which means more precise and faster cuts. The precision there is the increased damage.

(Again, totally feel free to make fun of me for trying to impose actual logic on a freaking video game.)

Pizza is great and you should be ashamed of yourself for not liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

A falling stalagmite MIGHT give you a headache. A falling stalactite will.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Wang-as-HK dodging away from a falling stalactite face-first into spikes.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Needs more spiders. And CJacobs to co-commentate.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Nalesh posted:

"A moment of oblivious luck, the Highwang biography"

Alternate title "Dammit Wang, drop a stack of food!"

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

I could give it a shot, though I make no promises about mic quality.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

Precept Twenty-Seven: 'Eat As Much As You Can'

Precept Fifteen: 'No Goddamn Pineapple'

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

So, I dunno how feasible it is, but could Flukemarm be done earlier with a spellcaster build? Use spells to kill the flukes, use the marm itself to keep your Soul up?

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

ousire posted:

I'll admit, Sly as the Nailsage totally caught me off guard. I forgot the dialogue he had when you first met him. Now his comments about your weapon throughout the game make more sense.

Fun fact: According to the wiki, the devs said they had originally intended him to be a difficult boss that weilded a nail the same size as the Nailmasters' weapons. Just imagine a tiny little fly like him swinging around such a giant sword!

Why am I imagining the Yoda lightsaber battles?

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

I don;t think the Up+B upgrade 'puzzle' is all that esoteric... As long as you remember the way the move looks. All the screaming faces are a pretty good indicator.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

Max% is maybe slightly harder with GT because if you feed one of your fragile charms to that creature you lose the percentage point and you can't get it back until you grind the required amount of money.

Good news, Millabelle will solve that.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

All other pre-requisites I can think of are already required for that charm. I'm pretty sure once you get it you can go get the true ending.

There's a third piece to the charm.

Wang will get to it in time, but he's got a few steps to go before we get to the endgame.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

Pretty sure this isn't spoilers, just making sure.
Didn't Wang do that in the newest video? I'm fairly confident the final boss can be accessed right now. Am I missing something?

Oops! Good call! Forgot that.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I passed though the "mostly woo health supplements" aisle of Whole Foods yesterday and there were pills of cordyceps juice or something. Apparently it's used for coughs but it sure sounds ominous.

This sounds like the plot for a video game. Like some kind of hosed-up crossover between The Last Of Us and Resident Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

HIGHWANG HATES PIZZA.

• Locked thread