Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
was it just my imagination, or does the obsessed bug girl start blushing if you sit on the bench next to her for a bit? Cuz that's kinda adorable. :3:

I voted for the library because i love seeing cool bosses, and more spells is always neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

For anyone considering picking this game up, the steam summer sale has started, and it's now at 34% off. I'll probably pick it up myself before the sale ends.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

I meant to get the game while it was on steam sale and I totally forgot. I'm kinda bummed I missed it, but at the same time I'm not sure I could get very far into the game. It looks like it has some really hard platforming segments and I am not a great platformer.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

When you were at the King's Station, the stag beetle mentioned that he almost remembered where his home is. I assume that's an area we'll find later? Because now I'm worried that we'll have to fight an evil version of our friend. :ohdear:

He also said the king was bright and glowy? So I'll just make a guess that the king is/was a firefly.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

I'll admit, Sly as the Nailsage totally caught me off guard. I forgot the dialogue he had when you first met him. Now his comments about your weapon throughout the game make more sense.

Fun fact: According to the wiki, the devs said they had originally intended him to be a difficult boss that weilded a nail the same size as the Nailmasters' weapons. Just imagine a tiny little fly like him swinging around such a giant sword!

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

At least he hasn't started saying "Fee-males" with a weird accent.

More like Fee-nails am I right?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

When you first walk in to the area where the White Lady is, there's a corpse of a very fancy looking bug out front. I honestly thought THAT was going to be the Queen at first since it has such a fancy and regal looking design. Can you dream nail that body for something?

Also, that giant statue thing with the flowing bowl of darkness? It did something when you dream nail'd it but I have no clue what. looked like it had a barrier around it or something. But the idea that that thing is/was alive/sentient is pretty frightening. :gonk:

And now that we have some more lore about the King and implications about his role in bug-history, it at first made me think that this weird plague isn't actually a plague but an un-doing of whatever it was that the King did. That the insane bugs are just the "real" natural, feral bugs before the King gifted them sentience. It seems unlikely because of stuff like the corrupted crossroads and other things that seem to be spreading the infection instead of just bugs "going feral", but that would be an interesting twist imo. For now though I'm gonna guess that the plague may have been created by some rival creature similar to the King. If the King is supposed to be like a god to the bugs, maybe the plague was created by whatever the equivalent of the devil is.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Hollow Knight is on sale on Steam. :woop: 34% off!

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

One little detail I noticed is when the boss Hollow Knight is still chained, it's head follows you as you move around the chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

According to the wiki, the Dream Zote's full title after you fight him enough is "Invincible Fearless Sensual Mysterious Enchanting Vigorous Diligent Overwhelming Gorgeous Passionate Terrifying Beautiful Powerful Grey Prince Zote", and if you beat him ten times, his statue will turn gold.

Edit: Apparently Travis got it at the end of the video; that's what I get for looking it up right away. :v:

ousire fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 4, 2018

• Locked thread