Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The beetle that took you back to Dirtmouth is actually a European rhinoceros beetle (Oryctes nasicornis), a member of the genus Oryctes of the subfamily Dynastinae:

Other notable Dynastinae include the Japanese rhinoceros beetle (Allomyrina dichotoma):

The elephant beetle (Megasoma elephas):

The Atlas beetle (Chalcosoma atlas):

And the Hercules beetle (Dynastes hercules) Mateo posted earlier.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Samovar posted:

So, the bug people are able to make trams, but the fast travel utilises giant beetles.

Okay.

I think that tram may have actually been a toy laying around for some reason.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
It's amateur entomology time again and like Stag AKA the taxi, Willoh is actually a real life insect called the giraffe weevil (Trachelophorus giraffa):

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The fungis you and Travis were thinking of is called the cordyceps.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I believe the term Wang was looking for is patriarchal which is what a society run by men is called.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Didn't Paul get screwed over by a machine as well? I distinctly remember that in the Disney short, he made a bet that a machine couldn't match him and lost by a narrow margin forcing him to spend the rest of his days in Alaska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And Travis' comment about moths and flames made me think of this rather sad song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3oRdO68M3A

• Locked thread