Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So that glitch, whilst I don't know why it happened programming wise I'm pretty sure you knocked a projectile into another projectile, and this may have caused a physics kerfuffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

In regards of the White Lady she's almost certainly some kind of plant and I suspect she hasn't roots all over Hollownest, maybe when she wants to move she regrows the speaking bit in a new location? In any case I wonder if the Dream Nail Trees are part of her body, would explain why they have knowledge and Bardoon proves that Dream Nail can get different responses from different body parts.

I also have a suspicion as to the Idea planted within the Chosen Hollow Knight based on the statue of him but I might hold off until we know more in general.

Also also it's interesting that nobody calls the main character Hollow Knight, instead it's ghost of spirit etc.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Which reminds me that it is not explicitly said that Hornet is the biological daughter of the Spider Leader, only that the Spider Leader is her mother, and all things considered I feel it’s just as likely she is the child of the Abyss and the King, given Hornet is Bug shaped not spider shaped, and she uses her needle and thread to replicate web-weaving.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Having been playing a bit recently I honestly think that the game does have a lot more precise platforming than you claim at the beginning, it's not constant and frustrating like it's done in White Palace but there is a fair amount of it outside the palace, usually involved in getting collectibles.

Also as others have said the King seems to have tried his best in an absolutely terrible situation, it just possibly wasn't ever going to be good enough due to the King just not seeing alternatives to his path. I certainly don't think that the King is the reason Hollownest is screwed so much as he failed miserably to save it properly with his initial attempt.

Edit: Having finished the episode I really think you've missed what's happened with the King, he's no worse than any other bug, but that's entirely the point. The King isn't wrong or right he just is.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 31, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I do appreciate that getting the names wrong with the Dreamer not Watchers thing continues. Deepnest is Herrah the Beast, Fog Canyon contains Monomon the Teacher. Not the Mother and the Librarian.

Also Quirrel's thing is kind of sad but interesting, because he doesn't remember his life in Hallownest but is drawn to Monomon, who presumably taught him. Also the Watcher Knight Fight can be made easier because you can drop a Chandelier on them which will reduce their numbers by one.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, I assumed the infection and the Radiance are slightly separate things, so even with the previous Hollow Knight holding back the infection the Radiance still exists slightly removed from it, hence part of why the infection escapes is that it wasn't actually all sealed.

• Locked thread