Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I haven't actually tried this myself, but could you dream nail the grubs while they're still in the jars?

Also, I think you might be able to finish Myla's story if you visit her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe by the 'sea' the lighthouse bug meant that black void sea?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Something hilarious just happened to me in game. I was fighting the Traitor Lord and I managed to die at the exact same time that Cloth did. This caused the bodies of Cloth and the Lord to appear when I got back there, but I hadn't finished the fight so they were also there running around.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe don't talk about videos that haven't been linked here yet.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Speaking of Mirabelle, I also recently found out that you can attack the one guard in the hot spring at the Colosseum. Since he's in the spring, though, he just heals every time you hit him.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

FrankZP posted:

There's one "refight" in particular I'm thinking of that I'd be extremely surprised if you decided to skip, so I wonder if you're saving it for later or if you don't have the good fortune to be aware of it, especially since it's easily missed, you didn't even hint at it when related events occurred, and seemed to imply that there was nothing more to them.

Anyway, I ought not give too much away just in case, but you might want to take a good look around Dirtmouth proper again.

If you're talking about Grey Prince Zote, Highwang has mentioned that boss in the lp before. I'm not sure if he knows about White Defender, though, seeing as how he didn't know about that room until someone brought it up in the thread.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

The recent update allows you to go back into White Palace whenever, by the way.

Crystal Guardian's second fight is actually super susceptible to damage rushing, it's not too bad if you equip Stawart Shell, Quick Slash and one of the lifeblood charms.

I see you're not getting every ending? Though I guess the one you missed is pretty much the same as another one.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Oh, right, there's some stuff in the room to the right of the king's throne, including what looks to be the birthplace of the Collector. You can also sit on the throne if you want.

I had some real trouble with that hall of spears. Everything else has a fairly intuitive way to get past it, but the timing in that is so ridiculously precise that I thought I had to be doing something wrong. I ended up using the Crystal Heart, some very precise timing, and a lot of luck.

DLC: As someone who enjoyed the White Palace, I literally could not get past the first obstacle in the Path of Pain. I probably could if I tried long enough, but it's not worth repeatedly hitting my head against just for lore. Also it doesn't count towards percentage completion.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

'you don't need to do the white palace it's optional'

*white palace literally required for the true ending, a thing many people usually aim to get if it's an option even if they don't want to 100%*

:suicide:

There was an interesting post from a Hollow Knight dev about this in the main thread:

George Lazenby posted:

The question of whether White Palace is or feels 'optional' is pretty interesting. Originally it was more detached from everything, but then we decided it would be a bit sad if it only lead to a powerup or something so we started thinking about how an 'alternate' ending could work. The idea is that you could finish the game without ever doing the hardest bits, but you could get a different outcome if you went for it. So in our minds, or from our point of view, we were adding content to the game by putting in a new ending behind White Palace as a reward for people who do it. But from a player's point of view, this feels more like we've taken the 'proper' ending of the game and locked it away behind the white palace, making people feel like they HAVE to do it.

Not sure if that made sense, but It's an interesting difference between the perspective of us as devs and players that I've been thinking about recently a fair bit. Certainly a lesson I'll remember for future projects.

I don't think that necessarily justifies the existence of White Palace, but it's pretty interesting to see where they were coming from in terms of game design.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I can't think of anything required for 100% that you're missing. Do you know about the thing you can do with the mask maker? Specifically, use descending dark on him. Are you planning to get the secret ending? Oh, and I'm sure you know to show what happens after you get the fully upgraded nail with Sheo?

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 3, 2017

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I suppose it's possible I missed a video, but I think he still has to deal with the Dreamers.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Myla, the miner bug, is actually below the Black Egg Temple. The Temple is directly below Dirtmouth.

There are few things in the game which imply there may have been some Radiance sealed away within the crystals they were mining in Crystal Peak, though.

e: You can definitely find the new charms online now, I had to look up some of them myself.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

The game is never really explicitly clear on what caused the Radiance to return. There are a number of ways it could have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Fun fact about those dual giant enemies at the end of the second trail: those two are the only ones in the entire game.

To complete their entry in the Hunter's Journal, you have to kill three of them.

So if you want to fill out the journal, you have to go through the entire Trial twice.

With the God Tamer, if you kill the mount first, the rider will just give up.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 28, 2017

• Locked thread