Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I live in Akron, OH and just after my 37th birthday in May I decided to stop being a lumpen sedentary pig and get walking/hiking. Nothing serious yet but I'm trying to work my up to real hiking. I've been discovering the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, finding all of the loop trails I can. Today I did the Wetmore trail - my favorite yet - a four mile loop. Super fun: https://www.conservancyforcvnp.org/experience-your-park/outdoor-adventures/wetmore-and-tabletop-trails

Also great fun is the Pine Lane/Buckeye Trail loop in Peninsula: https://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit/upload/Valley_South_2016.pdf

I've lost nearly 10 pounds since I started walking/hiking. There are SO MANY cool places to do so around here, and I'm always looking for more, so you Ohio goons feel free to offer suggestions for someone inexperienced but eager to do more!

Also, I'm going to south Nashville on the week of the 20th to watch the eclipse in Smyrna and would love some suggestions for places to go walking and hiking. I actually lived there for 4 years but was a total goon and did not explore anywhere outdoors, so I don't know any good places. Savage Gulf sounds awesome but I will technically be working that week and a 3 hour round trip drive time + hiking seems like a stretch. I'll be staying near Brentwood so TN goons please tell my your favorite places nearby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
So I actually roped my boss from my corporate office in Nashville into going to Savage Gulf and hiking it with me. The route we chose ended up being about 5.5 miles longer than we anticipated and it was a BALLBUSTER. 15.4 miles in total, which was considerably more than either of us had done in one go before, and the elevation changes near the end were brutal. Still, fun hike.