Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drstrangelove
Nov 26, 2007
No Fighting in the War Room!
Memorable Hikes in WA:
Lake Colchuck - The upper enchantments are also great, but you have to win the lottery to camp (and it's a slog as a day hike).
Camp Muir - Get most of the scenery of summiting Mt. Rainier without the slog up Deception Cleaver. Awesome glacier views. Fun glissading depending on the time of year or how little you value your life.

The North Cascades are pretty underappreciated. But I'm not quite sure what I would recommend there. Lots of great peaks. I've mostly gone for climbing (Early Winters Spires/Liberty Bell are classics and are surrounded by other classics). The national park in the area is one of the least visited in the US if you are looking for hipster cred.

Washington has a ton of mountainous lakes. I have fond memories of backpacking with friends to generic lakes. Get far enough out and no one cares that you are there.

The dispersed camping is also great. And particularly great as an alternative for busy weekends. The quote up above about just driving to random places and camping is pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU