Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Girlfriend and I just got back from Hocking Hills State Park here in southern Ohio. We camped in the primitive campgrounds for 3 nights and had a great time. The main park we did a 13 mile loop from the campground through Old Man Cave with the turnaround being Ash Cave. On Friday we drove to a few different points of interest that are little 1/2 mile to a 2 mile trail such as Rock House, Cantwell Cliffs, and Conkles Hollow. I can't offer any overnighters as my girlfriend and I are just now saving up to get gear to transition from car camping/day hikers to backpackers. We did do Red River Gorge which you already mentioned and can definitely recommend that as well. Really enjoyed Auxier Ridge trail when we were there.

We are heading to Pisgah National Forest around Ashville, NC the first week of June so I'll report back after that trip.

edit: Will look here in a little bit if I have any pictures from hocking hills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU