Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

I moved to Raleigh, NC (which is really the south, not the midwest, but anyway) from Vancouver, BC for work and to escape the housing prices, and it was great. They pay was spectacular and the houses were way more reasonable than on the west coast. I had to move back to Canada for unrelated immigration reasons, but I really really liked that area and there are so many tech jobs that easily pay between 100-200k depending on what you do. They also appear to have a talent shortage there because recruiters never stopped contacting me (they still haven't)

I grew up in St. Louis though and I will never, ever go back. They pay isn't great, the weather isn't great, and the culture isn't great. Being in North Carolina was sort of weird, but the Research Triangle rocks, has decent culture, there are mountains and beach nearby, and the weather is great (kinda hot in the summer, but still great).

Shayl fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

do never move to Charlotte

no definitley not charlotte. Banks, banks everywhere.

• Locked thread