Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Nail Rat posted:

To be fair if you stop in the middle of a busy sidewalk without checking to see if you have room to do so you are the rear end in a top hat, just like someone standing on the down escalator.
I'm pretty sure 90% of big city 'rudeness' is experienced by people who don't understand how things have to work in busy areas. Like this probably-a-tourist I saw once who stopped at the end of the escalator in a Metra station, oblivious to the hoardes of people about to trample him(and who probably thought everyone else was the rear end in a top hat for wanting him the gently caress out of the way).

Coco13 posted:

The weather... buy a snowblower before September if you have a big driveway. Get used to wearing a nice sweater and a heavy overcoat.
And a snow brush/ice scraper for your car(yes you will need a car, with the possible exception of living in Chicago proper and not the burbs). Keep a shovel & sand/salt/cat litter in the trunk just in case.

Also have your wife teach you to drive in snow and ice so you don't kill yourself. Your winter driving skills matter more than how beefy your car is. Lots of people get overconfident because they're in a big pickup or SUV & end up in the ditch in short order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread