Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I would LOUDLY lobby for you to do this. You have literally no idea how much being a high earner in the Midwest is playing life on easy mode. I don't mean this in a lovely way, it's just easier. I'm vastly happier living here than in the "cultured" cities of the East.

I would also agitate for Big 10 College towns, as I think they are some of the greatest places on Earth (especially AA, Madison, IC and U/C, less so Chicago and Minny but those cities are fun for other reasons, gently caress Nebraska).

Downsides are you have to own and operate a car for each adult in the house (sorry, no take-backs), you're probably better off buying than renting and the high-life is going to lose some of its shine (no Michelin stars west of Chicago) but in exchange you can

1) own an unbelievably beautiful home for less than 3x annual salary
2) have a < 15 minute commute to work
3) pay 40% less for cost of living expenses (and probably more depending on the line-item)
4) leave your doors unlocked
5) have the neighborhood watch your kids as they run around on bikes and poo poo until dark
6) grill out on the back deck
7) pay less taxes
8) send your kids to some of the best public schools in the country

It's magic.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

greasyhands posted:

Haha, didn't take long for the multi-posting angry shitbag to show up

Oh weird, he must not make enough money for his posts to show up in my Something Awful Premium Forums Experience?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Also gently caress anyone who tells you to move to Iowa or a Dakota.

Don't lump us in with them, we're cultured, damnit.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

oliveoil posted:

Everyone seems excited about Big Ten college towns. Which are those? Is this a reliable list? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Universities

The "towns" that I can vouch for personally are Ann Arbor, Madison, Urbana Champaign and Iowa City. Some of the other traditional B1G schools are in bigger cities (NW, Minnesota, OSU, Nebraska) and some of the new schools (Maryland, PSU, Rutgers) have a very different feel.

I don't know enough about Indiana or Purdue to disparage them, but they ARE in Indiana.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

KC seems super dope

Yeah I love KC, it's one of the places we'd consider relocating for - close enough to family for everyone not to get super butthurt, but also really good food and fun social life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I have a specific company I think you should look into and if you want to PM me I'd be happy to point you to a recruiter I spoke with directly.

• Locked thread