Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I have lived in the midwest my entire life, so I have poo poo experience for comparison. However, people that relocate here from the coasts invariably take note that people are just nicer here. Which always surprises me, because I feel like I am surrounded by assholes. So take that as you may, an rear end in a top hat to a midwesterner is nice to someone from the coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Inept posted:

You're already saving 95k a year. That's like 75% of your net pay in the Midwest assuming you can find a job making ~160k gross, which is probably optimistic.
That would be the very high end for a tech job in Chicago, which is likely the highest cost of living city in the midwest. In my town (250k metro), I am pretty sure 95% of tech jobs pay under $120k, but even $100k/year is going to get you a pretty nice lifestyle. You could easily support a family of 4 with one parent not working in a 3000 square foot house, with two car payments.

• Locked thread