Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I grew up/went to school on the east coast, spent a few summers in the Bay Area working in tech, and have spent the last 5 years living in one of the liberal Big 10 Midwest college towns you mentioned. I'm moving back to the east coast for a job, but that's partly driven by the fact that my girlfriend and I don't have a family yet. I used to be fairly snobby about flyover country etc, but after spending the past 5 years living here I've realized that it's a fantastic place to live and raise a family.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

You have literally no idea how much being a high earner in the Midwest is playing life on easy mode.

This is the best way to put it. Life in a liberal, Midwest college town on a decent income is pretty fantastic. You'll be able to live in a desirable neighborhood. Your commute won't be tragic. You'll have easy access to parks/nature/easy activities for your family. Sure, you're going to miss out on going to the newest exhibit at the Met on the weekend, but with the extra money you'll be able to afford to fly to New York and pay for scalped tickets to see Hamilton if you want to. Having a decent income means that you're mobile and where you live matters significantly less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread