Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chicago is awesome. Come here and bitch about the weather with us. We also have a sandy beach around a lake that you can use 3 weeks out of the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

At how late the 30s/40s weather is lasting this year, it might just be one week :(

I'll take this for how easy our winter was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

adorai posted:

I have lived in the midwest my entire life, so I have poo poo experience for comparison. However, people that relocate here from the coasts invariably take note that people are just nicer here. Which always surprises me, because I feel like I am surrounded by assholes. So take that as you may, an rear end in a top hat to a midwesterner is nice to someone from the coast.

Generally the midwest is pretty nice, but in any major city they'll still go from nice to rear end in a top hat (and vice versa) in a split second. Try stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take a picture downtown in Chicago at 8am and see how fast people just walk right over you or scream at you to get moving/get out of the loving way. Or getting shoved out of the way if you don't know L train etiquette and pause before choosing a direction on the platform. Those are the same people that will hold a door open for you two seconds later.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Senor P. posted:

Man... I'm kind of sort of tempted to move back to St. Louis

But it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter..... but I sure miss the Cardinals....

St. Louis is awesome because they have what might be the single best hangover cure food in the world with the Slinger. If you don't wanna click the link it's eggs, hashbrowns, and a hamburger patty slathered in chili and topped with cheese and onions. I always get jalapenos on mine when I'm there.

Big cup of coffee and a huge water and you're good to go for the rest of the day! Well, after the giant bowel movement half an hour later.

• Locked thread