Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Hello everyone. My neighborhood is full of shitheads who let feral cats breed and don't give them homes, apparently. Recently this tiny little cat has been coming by and meowing desperately for food and attention. I've given her the nickname Pixie for now because she's tiny. She's super skinny, you can feel all her ribs :( She also has a slight build with a thin, angular face and a thin almost ratlike tail. It almost seems as if she has Siamese/Oriental Shorthair blood, but since she's so malnourished it's hard to tell (I have seen one longhair and one shorthair sealpoint cat in nearby houses). Towards people she's INSANELY friendly, meowing and headbutting us at every opportunity.

My goal is to find her a forever home. It's good to feed her, but she's way too nice of a cat to be stuck on the street. She will sit outside of our door for a while, begging for attention even after her belly has been filled. We've been giving her leftover cat food that our other 2 cats have turned up their nose at. I've posted on Facebook and am going to try to reach out to local free/thrift local sites with Craigslist as a last resort. This area has a serious problem with meth-heads and stuff, so I'm honestly afraid of giving her away to just anyone. However, she does not get along with our cats at all and the two already get jealous of each other frequently, so we can't keep her because they are already feeling crowded and territorial. The same problem that eventually led to me adopting Rory still exists; the no-kill shelters around here are bursting to capacity and the regular shelters are so full she'd probably go straight to death row. How can I find this poor girl a home?

Link to full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/PzKFf

On a lighter note: since people may remember me from last year when I posted about being unable to afford vet care for this extremely beat up local stray, who I named Rory, this thread may as well serve as an update for him too. He's doing much better, his scars are healed up and he is happy and even getting a little fat. :3: He's insanely playful and will come running if he hears his favorite toy. He's still skittish of other cats unfortunately, and gets into jealous spats with our other cat (who was owned by my boyfriend years before we even met), but there is just annoyed swatting and no hisses/growls/tail lashing or signs of genuine distress.

In this last picture the little wet spots on the couch are drool from him being so happy. I think he's half St. Bernard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread