Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

BrianBoitano posted:

Also :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: buy the bundle BEFORE you open chests! That way, when you open chests, you get shards for duplicates. If you open chests first and get something in your bundle, tough poo poo :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

But if you open all your chests and get a bunch of heroes, then you can more appropriately get the bundle with the most heroes you don't have. I guess it depends on how many heroes you currently own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I probably didn't reroll as much as I should have but I got some good skins and that's what counts right??

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got player level 558 upon logging in, got 5 normal chests, 5 veteran chests, 55 epic chests.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
D.Va rules, Deathwing drools.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I want the Brightwing Announcer pack.

Semper Fudge posted:

Also this.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I got like 3 legendary skins I would have bought if they weren't expensive (terran Muradin, xenomorph Diablo, etc) and I got Genji for free, so I'm content with my pack haul.

Somehow wound up with barely any sprays or banners

Any complaint about getting D.va vs. Deathwing is null because we get a po po Dva skin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Semper Fudge posted:

indeed, good choice to add.

Went with the support bundle and hosed around a bit, Li Li is great, Lucio is neat and one of my veteran chests had his cute silver frog outfit so what I'm saying is I'm gonna main him

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Overwatch is the dumbest IP ever

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I could do this all day

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Minrad posted:

I could do this all day

emoji are easily the best thing they've added

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This was a hero-specific (Nazeebo) box! :vince:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Just pulled a legendary out of one of my epic chests, Murky Announcer. :whatup:

Going to buy and use Li Li Announcer if I don't pull it from a chest, tho.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I feel good about this:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Loot chests are fun when it's a rare, two epics and a legendary.

They suck when it's 'as many commons as we can stuff in, btw they're all dupes.'

Spent a few thousand re-rolling poo poo epic chests, but eh, I'm getting way more than I'm losing.

Now time for the veteran chests, which I only got 3 of, not 4, because HotS 2.0 Player Level is way lower than the HotS 1.0 Combined Hero Level. :argh:

I think at this point Starcraft 2 is Blizzard's only game that doesn't have some form of RNG reward system in it. Hearthstone card packs, loot boxes in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, D3 and WoW are all RNG when it comes to loot...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I got mecha dehaka, tassadar, and anub'arak from my three veteran chests :getin:

there's also a hidden Mei on a Rexxar skin that I got

Minera fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I think at this point Starcraft 2 is Blizzard's only game that doesn't have some form of RNG reward system in it. Hearthstone card packs, loot boxes in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, D3 and WoW are all RNG when it comes to loot...

They're coming with the War Chests update, which is supposed to be Soon. It's gonna use a Dota International Compendium style system, I believe. Most likely there will be unlockable skins for every race variant of every unit and building, like Purifier/Tal'Darim Protoss, Primal Zerg, etc etc.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I wish there was a way to get the stuff for the other games without having to play Dota for babies.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I re-rolled a veteran chest because it had two commons and I hoped to get better.

Re-rolled chest had three commons.

:negative:

Minrad posted:

They're coming with the War Chests update, which is supposed to be Soon. It's gonna use a Dota International Compendium style system, I believe. Most likely there will be unlockable skins for every race variant of every unit and building, like Purifier/Tal'Darim Protoss, Primal Zerg, etc etc.

I didn't even know there was an update in the works for SC2. Granted I never played it that much (don't even own the Zerg and Protoss expacs).

I don't know poo poo about Dota though other than every time I try to watch it my eyes glaze over. Is it going to be loot box esque? Just keep playing matches and eventually you'll get a few random unit skins?

edit: Those air horns when you open a legendary could not be more appropriate cause I just pulled Azmodunk. :dance:

Raised By Birds fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is this like D3 and most goons play on the US server?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

banned from Starbucks posted:

Overwatch is the dumbest IP ever

This isn't true even if you only limit the comparison to other Blizzard games.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Buy your megabundle before you open your chests, so you get shards for any duplicate heroes you get.

Craptacular! posted:

Dota for babies.

This isn't the League thread.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a spergy calculator or guide for what loot boxes to re-roll?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is there a spergy calculator or guide for what loot boxes to re-roll?

There's a shorthand guide in the OP.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Buy your megabundle before you open your chests, so you get shards for any duplicate heroes you get.

I remembered this after I had opened a few epic chests. Fortunately I didn't suffer for it. The Zul'jin I ended up pulling was a dupe because of it, and dupe legendary heroes are worth 400 CreditsCoinsShards.

Also unless I'm missing something they also imported Overwatch's "no, you can't just buy the specific skin you want with cash, you have to keep opening boxes until you either get it or get enough shards to buy it" deal. Which is probably my least favorite aspect of OW's loot system.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wheee, got one AI match in with a friend and now it hangs at "looking for players" or whatever and then gives up without any error messages.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
If you get anything higher than the level of the chest (rare out of common) you're +EV. If you get double rares out of a rare you're +EV. This doesn't change if your rare is an actual item or just shards.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I wish I would have known I was going to be level 299 in 2.0; an extra veteran chest would have been nice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Got genji and oni skin lootboxes good

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Here's my 2.0 experience:

Made a 5 man with goons to get the Genji stuff. Champed champs to Hammer, Ready button vanished. Clicked on store and mini ready button reappeared, clicked it and it said 5/5 ready but we don't start a game. Clicked back to hero select and every UI element around the ready button became unhidden and overlapped each other (Ready button, 5/5 queued up, looking for game, small ready button from shop etc.). Tried to drop group and rejoin, as soon as i did it put the rest of the group in an ai game as a 4 man.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I'm probably really bad at this game, but I need a group for the Overwatch stuff. Anyone completely new and ideally in it for the same reason as me feel like joining up? Nopadet#1968

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Why would they go through all this trouble and not add a map veto.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Why would they go through all this trouble and not add a map veto.

Imagine the queue times for BHB

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
if there are 10 people in a queue and all of them have collectively banned every map do you just not play? Sounds fun.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what determines your player level? Mine is hella low for playing 2 years. Mine is a 24 to the left of Player Level, and then it says 424 below where it says Player Level.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It's all your individual hero levels combined.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I didn't even know there was an update in the works for SC2. Granted I never played it that much (don't even own the Zerg and Protoss expacs).

I don't know poo poo about Dota though other than every time I try to watch it my eyes glaze over. Is it going to be loot box esque? Just keep playing matches and eventually you'll get a few random unit skins?

Yeah it's going to basically be a progression system that unlocks poo poo for playing the game, and it'll probably be very similar to the current SC2 and HotS progression systems: play as Zerg and unlock skins for everything but especially Zerg skins, etc. Playing regular Multiplayer and Co-Op was both supposed to work but it's been a few months so who knows how they'll change it before they give out more details and start to hype it. If you liked playing SC2's story mode, Co-op commanders are available for everyone (even if you don't own the game, I think, owning LotV just unlocks some extra commanders) and is is really really awesome and fun with constant updates and new commanders. There's a thread for it here on the blizzard subforum if you wanna look into it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what is the 24 to the left then?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Think I might start playing again now that 2.0 is out. Need to figure out a nice, easy hero to play to dust the cobwebs off with, though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hanamura is terrible.

Possibly worst map in the game?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

So what is the 24 to the left then?

thats your level also but the border around it denotes what 'prestige' for lack of a better term you are, default is light blue I think, level 2xx are green, whatever etc. cant intimidate low level people when some level 5000 guy who's still poo poo at the game shows up on the opposite team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hanamura is terrible.

Possibly worst map in the game?

So they successfully captured the spirit of the original, then.