Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it just me, or do random voice lines in the game not happen any more? Do we only get the purchased ones now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Is there any info about D.Va besides that its D.Va and she has a Cop skin?

e: Also from the wording of what the guy said, the skin is in Overwatch and not in Heroes?

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 26, 2017

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
So, generally and maybe map-specific if anyone's bored enough, what are some of the better duoqueue hero combos (even ones with minor synergies like Jaina/malf, etc.)?

Coming back to this game after a long hiatus and mostly I'll be playing with my roommate, so we're trying to hook some fun synergistic duos to dominate lanes and fights with.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Polio Vax Scene posted:

e: Also from the wording of what the guy said, the skin is in Overwatch and not in Heroes?

Speaking of, is there any screenshots of the cop skin?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Uther is way, way better now. He's even more of a hard counter to burst assassins now.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Speaking of, is there any screenshots of the cop skin?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

90s Shoes posted:

So, generally and maybe map-specific if anyone's bored enough, what are some of the better duoqueue hero combos (even ones with minor synergies like Jaina/malf, etc.)?

Coming back to this game after a long hiatus and mostly I'll be playing with my roommate, so we're trying to hook some fun synergistic duos to dominate lanes and fights with.

morales/hammer is the classic pubstomp combo, morales heals single targets incredibly fast and hammer has a really long autoattack range

put them together and you have something that the average pubby cannot solve - nobody's willing to take the initiative to dive hammer to get at morales and morales can outheal virtually any amount of poke

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 26, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

It's in Overwatch but if it's anything like Genji's Oni skin it will probably be in HotS when D.Va launches later too, especially since we're getting a mount themed to it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I got Abathur in a loot box after specifically avoiding the entire time I've played the game. So I felt obligated to try him.

Deeply unpleasant to play is the phrase that kept coming to mind.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Uther is way, way better now. He's even more of a hard counter to burst assassins now.

Not only that, he's actually a capable frontliner.

I'm extremely pleased with the support roster right now, between Auriel taking the mantle as #1 Damage, Li Li being anti-attack, and Uther being melee mitigation healer. They did an even better job of differentiating the supports than they did warriors on the recent diversity pass on warriors. All the supports now have specific and highly useful niches.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

President Ark posted:

morales/hammer is the classic pubstomp combo, morales heals single targets incredibly fast and hammer has a really long autoattack range

put them together and you have something that the average pubby cannot solve

Morales + a lot of auto attack based heroes is really strong too with her stimpack ult. My favorite combo is with illidan using level 2 metamorphosis since he basically has zero cooldowns, full heal from lifesteal, and near constant evasion up for like 10 seconds.

I'm hoping this loot crate system breathes some life back into the game. I know I have a few friends who downloaded already just to get the 20 free heroes just in case.

If nothing else it's refreshing to actually see skins in game and more than just the free week heroes (or the current op flavor of the months) in QM for once. Goes a long way in making the game interesting when you don't see the same horse/spider/lizard mount every game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it just me, or do random voice lines in the game not happen any more? Do we only get the purchased ones now?

Yeah I noticed that too. The announcers don't seem to kick in right when you appear in the map either. I'm assuming it's a bug because they gave Genji a whole bunch of pre-match interactions you can find on Youtube.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I know they just nerfed Valeera way hard, but I kept one shut down in QM when I was seeing how Uther plays. It was really gratifying.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Beacon of Light makes Uther really really hard to kill, dang.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I tried him and he seemed like old uther with less buttons. Bad mana efficiency long cooldowns ect.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's pretty funny to watch Chu8's stream tonight. He's one of the 'coaches' in the Tryhard for Good thing Blizzard is doing.

Funny as in hearing the raunchy/vulgar donation messages with SPONSORED BY BLIZZARD at the bottom of the screen. :v:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

banned from Starbucks posted:

I tried him and he seemed like old uther with less buttons. Bad mana efficiency long cooldowns ect.
Are you taking wave of light at level 1? Because you really, really want wave of light. I can't see ever taking any other option outside of joke builds.
He still has long cooldowns, but mana efficiency is way better than it was. Also devotion aura is just an insane passive- there's really nothing else like it for dealing with burst damage.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

NeurosisHead posted:

I know they just nerfed Valeera way hard, but I kept one shut down in QM when I was seeing how Uther plays. It was really gratifying.

They didn't really nerf her that hard. Coldblood was good but it's a 20 talent so it doesn't affect that much of the game. Same with the DFA range nerf; DFA is a later talent so it doesn't affect the early game so much. The Evis change does make it so that she can't just DFA->Flurry -> Evis -> Dead anymore. You have to do another skill or two to finish them which isn't that big of a difference. Now some of them might get an escape or a stun off and survive but most of them are still dead. A good Valeera is still going to make people cry all day long.

Uther is an absolute terror for her and other "gankers" now though. His rework is probably my favorite so far.

banned from Starbucks posted:

You have to play him a little differently now for maximum efficiency. Don't immediately top people off unless you know you'll have time of HL to cooldown before the next fight. Throw HL on whoever is getting hit at the start of the fight for the heal + damage reduction. Radiance everyone when multiple people are taking damage but try and save it until you get the +healing talent. When you have that talent open with Radiance and use HL to heal whoever is being focused after that mitigation wears off. The damage reduction is pretty huge and keeps people alive much better than topping everyone off.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 26, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Are you taking wave of light at level 1? Because you really, really want wave of light. I can't see ever taking any other option outside of joke builds.
He still has long cooldowns, but mana efficiency is way better than it was. Also devotion aura is just an insane passive- there's really nothing else like it for dealing with burst damage.

Yeah, the other two talents give Uther more mana, but he doesn't need more mana after level 7. Wave of Light is just extremely good in comparison.

He has long cooldowns but his abilities are extremely potent. It's sometimes okay to hold back on using your heals while you wait for a slightly better time to use them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This chest opening simulator is even better than the crate simulator

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm happy it sounds like Uther is in a good place, he was my main dude back in Alpha/Beta and I was worried he was going to suck once I got back to the game. I didn't buy that StarCraft skin for him to not use it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is there a link to an explanation for how they reworked hero leveling

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relin posted:

is there a link to an explanation for how they reworked hero leveling

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Having so many new options for characters is great!! Sonya is great. I had so much fun with Anub'arak tonight :swoon: Probably gonna give Chen a spin next. Pretty excited to get D.Va when she comes out.

Hanamura, to me, seems 100% in the favor of whichever side is better at teamfights. The objectives matter and getting forts matters, but keeping them off the payloads is such a huge advantage. I've yet to see anyone bother with the boss yet, probably because he apparently hits so hard it's almost not worth it.

I don't understand why they use the term "forge" for getting things with shards. You aren't forging anything, you're buying them with currency!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Macaluso posted:

I don't understand why they use the term "forge" for getting things with shards. You aren't forging anything, you're buying them with currency!

This is a ridiculously useless bikeshedding discussion, but you "forge" whatever you want to buy via combining shards in such a specific way that the end results forms what you wanted to buy.

Macaluso posted:

Hanamura, to me, seems 100% in the favor of whichever side is better at teamfights. The objectives matter and getting forts matters, but keeping them off the payloads is such a huge advantage. I've yet to see anyone bother with the boss yet, probably because he apparently hits so hard it's almost not worth it.

Hanamura is actually extremely reminiscent of Towers of Doom to me and it's amusing seeing players who have no clue how to handle the map. I think that speaks to both how stale the dotalike genre has become, and how shockingly groundbreaking it is to have a map where the objective isn't "destroy the core via pushing" --- but ToD/HM is "destroy the core via pushing"!

Like in ToD, you want to wisely split up your team to harass the other team while pushing your own altar/payload to get damage on the core. Conventional pushing makes this strategy more potent, as well as making it easier to pull off because the enemy team is distracted defending against it.

Like Towers of Doom, taking the mercenaries increases map pressure, with the Boss mercenary giving you an avenue to directly finish off the core.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

Having so many new options for characters is great!! Sonya is great. I had so much fun with Anub'arak tonight :swoon: Probably gonna give Chen a spin next. Pretty excited to get D.Va when she comes out.

We should do some Nexus games together when it's time for the new D.Va skin since most of the Overwatch chill thread seems more interested in hanjoing them out than actually playing, KaiTave#1146

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zivilyn Bane posted:

It's pretty funny to watch Chu8's stream tonight. He's one of the 'coaches' in the Tryhard for Good thing Blizzard is doing.

Funny as in hearing the raunchy/vulgar donation messages with SPONSORED BY BLIZZARD at the bottom of the screen. :v:

I wonder if any of the trainees are streaming HotS as they learn or whatever. I used to like watching Scarra back in the day :shobon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scarra :chloe:

Real money is on Dyrus and especially Chu`

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Should I buy the hero I want before I open all my boxes or hope I get it? B.net seems to be down for maintenance so I don't even know how many loot boxes I have.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Demicol posted:

Should I buy the hero I want before I open all my boxes or hope I get it? B.net seems to be down for maintenance so I don't even know how many loot boxes I have.

Buy your hero; if you get them in the boxes you get free shards. If you did it the other way round then you get to spend gold on a hero you didn't actually want all as much (in the case where you actually pulled the hero you wanted from the box, which is slim)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fuuuuuck Auriel is so much fun. Sniping low-health Valeera with my heal as she tries to bail is so loving satisfying. How's that hope taste, bitch? :getin:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Minor nitpick but was it really necessary to have me click on each token individually? Overwatch just opens the crate, shows you what you got and lets you open another. Won't be as annoying when not opening 30+ in a row but still.

Overall though not a bad haul, got mostly skins for heroes I actually use. Any of the announcers particularly entertaining? The preview snips all make them sound kind of bland, and why no Alarak announcer?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hey Blizzard the bundles sound cool but splitting them by role probably isn't going to solve the quick match assassin fest

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dugong posted:

Hey Blizzard the bundles sound cool but splitting them by role probably isn't going to solve the quick match assassin fest

There is nothing that can solve that.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I was surprised that I didn't own like 3/4 of the tank bundle, so I just bought that. I've been playing pretty much since launch but hadn't gotten around to most of them.

Overall I'm amazed at how much free poo poo I got. I'm surprised they don't sell an equivalent to the veteran loot boxes for $$big bux$$ with a confirmed leggo.

Is there an "apply all" button for generic cosmetics like sprays and banners?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Between 30 some odd boxes and a thin assassin roster going into today I'm up 8 heroes and the skin I wanted most.

Thanks blizzard. Thizzard.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Minor nitpick but was it really necessary to have me click on each token individually? Overwatch just opens the crate, shows you what you got and lets you open another. Won't be as annoying when not opening 30+ in a row but still.

It should be a slot machine that slow rolls you with the legendary skin you could have gotten, and at the last second changes to a spray of raynor's girth.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I think it would be fine if they did map selection like gears of war did, where it would show two maps and everyone would get to vote on one.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Overall though not a bad haul, got mostly skins for heroes I actually use. Any of the announcers particularly entertaining? The preview snips all make them sound kind of bland, and why no Alarak announcer?

Press space bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
uhhh why is the team that is unable to bring in their payload before the other not punished? why does a second spawn at the same time? why have buildings at all if it's just a constant team fight? this map is sooooo badly designed