Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Every time a new map comes out everyone says its garbage until people learn how to play the map and then it becomes just another map that dilutes your odds of getting blackheart's bay. Remember how garbage infernal shrines was before people learned to bait the punisher? Now it's one of my favorite maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Wahooo Sulfuron Uther and Mecha Tassadar!
Jackpot!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Didn't realize people don't like blackhearts. My least favorite maps are probably sky temple and dragon shrine.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Any reason why specifically chu8 and HORSEPANTS were not included in the streamer list?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Didn't realize people don't like blackhearts. My least favorite maps are probably sky temple and dragon shrine.

Blackheart promotes never engaging the enemy team, ever. Like the only time it should happen is by accident when you are trying to work on the other side's creeps.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Did they nerf Li-Ming at all? She feels less strong now.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So the new gold meta:

- If you are hesitant to re-roll on a loot drop because you don't want to spend the gold, do it anyway. You can still buy things with shards.

- Always re-roll if you get four commons on a loot drop, unless you loving love emojis. They are not even worth much as duplicates, while duplicate rares can go a long way toward buying the character you want.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Emojis are the most important drop hth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Man, genji is fun but he really doesn't do enough damage to do much that's useful. He is great chasing down kills if your team can manage 4v5, and occasionally you can hit someone with a triple q for decent damage or some idiot will give you a perfect deflect opportunity, but I don't know that I'd even consider him for anything outside QM. Dragon blade feels unwieldy and horrible

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

Did they nerf Li-Ming at all? She feels less strong now.

She hasn't been touched in months.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

SirSamVimes posted:

Emojis are the most important drop hth.

I want them to make an emoji sticker app for phones, I need to obnoxiously cover all of my imessages with Murkmoji.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like blackheart's bay.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

I don't mind getting BHB in QM. It's as good as any other map as long as no one cares about winning and just teamfight 24/7 for no reason anyway. I'm guessing people who don't see a problem with the map probably only play QM (?)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gustav posted:

I don't mind getting BHB in QM. It's as good as any other map as long as no one cares about winning and just teamfight 24/7 for no reason anyway. I'm guessing people who don't see a problem with the map probably only play QM (?)

I only play TL and I have no problem with Blackheart's Bay. It's nice to have a map that largely consists of running around collecting coins and occasionally fighting over turn-in or a chest, it's a nice relaxing break from the more frantic maps.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

When I want a relaxing break I just don't queue up in the first place :confused:

When I queue up I want to play hots, not be told "actually you're taking a 30 minute relaxing break instead, enjoy"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

On the op it says hero league is solo or duo and team league is groups of 5. This is no longer true. Hero league is solo only and team league is 2,3,or 5

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I like BHB because there's a tension between holding coins or risking turning them in and getting them stolen from you.

Really the only map I think is total garbage atm is Garden. And it's easily something they could rework to be fine.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Streak posted:

i like blackheart's bay.

How.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Brian Boitano posted:

I got a 60-day stimpack somehow

Update: it reverted to 30 today. Ah well.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I got some nice stuff I wanted out of chests and then also got a lot of thrall skins. I have so many thrall skins now

Its nice seeing lots more skins in-game now. Before you'd usually see maybe 1 or 2 skins in a match, now almost everyone has one.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BrianBoitano posted:

Update: it reverted to 30 today. Ah well.

Yeah mine was 90 when I first logged in yesterday but now it's 30

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dragonblade is almost certainly going to get nerfed. It does so much massively more damage than X-Strike, it's easier to hit, it's less mana, kills with it reset Swift Strike....

Apparently Genji is already scoring a winrate above 55% and I'm pretty sure Dragonblade is a big part of it. The rest of his kit is good but not that good (it's comparable to Li-Ming and Tracer).

So they did a very good job of making HOTS genji just like Overwatch genji.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dragonblade is almost certainly going to get nerfed. It does so much massively more damage than X-Strike, it's easier to hit, it's less mana, kills with it reset Swift Strike....

Apparently Genji is already scoring a winrate above 55% and I'm pretty sure Dragonblade is a big part of it. The rest of his kit is good but not that good (it's comparable to Li-Ming and Tracer).

I've yet to see a genji do even halfway decent with dragonblade. It's almost always X Strike/Shuriken build that does decent. Dragonblade is okay if you go all in on the swift strike build, but it still feels clunky and terrible to me.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
It's just as funny to interrupt a genji's voice line by killing him mid-dragonblade activation in hots as it is in overwatch

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also every point of data I can find for Genji's winrate is sub 50%. He's just so, so easy to stun out and murder.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Playing at 4K resolution makes the emojis all too small to even see. Guess this means I don't have to waste money buying lootboxes.

(This is a thinly veiled attempt to trick Blizzard into fixing the problem.)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kai Tave posted:

We should do some Nexus games together when it's time for the new D.Va skin since most of the Overwatch chill thread seems more interested in hanjoing them out than actually playing, KaiTave#1146

I have four other IRL friends I play with :( someone help this poor soul get cop D.Va

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How are Li-Ming and Sylvanas doing in the current game? They're my favorite heroes to queue with but it's hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing. For Li I usually go full Arcane Orb for megadamage and with Sylvanas I take all her quiver talents + her slippery escapes like Will of the Forsaken and the one that gives you movement speed whenever you spam arrow.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

It's a real fun time for queuing double support in QM as DPS Li Li with something like morales or auriel and just clowning on fools with unstoppable murder panda. Kung Fu Hustle at 20 makes you poo poo out blinding winds and even untalented, her heal is pretty beefy when you can cast it every second.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

How are Li-Ming and Sylvanas doing in the current game? They're my favorite heroes to queue with but it's hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing. For Li I usually go full Arcane Orb for megadamage and with Sylvanas I take all her quiver talents + her slippery escapes like Will of the Forsaken and the one that gives you movement speed whenever you spam arrow.

Missiles/tp builds are generally what you want with LM. Orb is not great because people learn to just dodge them.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I love Tassadar, but I feel bad queuing for QM with him because he's the the equivalent to a healer :(

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I love Tassadar, but I feel bad queuing for QM with him because he's the the equivalent to a healer :(

The new QM rules with sonya/varian/tass/tyrande are really bad and I wish they'd revert them because it was more fun having sonya vs a tank then sonya vs an assassin.

Varian counting as an assassin is real dumb because they almost always go tank build when that happens and there's very little you can do about it.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

This is my standard Sylvanas build; but against passive healers like Brightwing and Lucio it's probably better to build Q instead. (Or just use this build anyway then get all smug about topping the charts on the scoreboard and blame your team for everything at the end of the game.)

biznatchio fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 26, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god what did they do to LiLi

How does she have top damage on the team

Yes it's because everyone else is poo poo but still.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Lili might be worth it as a second healer (like Tyrande) over a 2nd tank/bruiser verse an AA team now.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

First lootbox gave me the Li Ming shades spray

a good game

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

If you go both Blinding Wind talents at 1 and 4 you're preventing so much damage and dealing so much its absurd.

Maybe it's just because I got one of the shadopan skins in my boxes but I'm lovin Li Li again.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Dietrich posted:

So they did a very good job of making HOTS genji just like Overwatch genji.

The first genji I played with last night went way too far forward, died, and then spammed "GG" and "no heals" in chat. Genji is truly like his Overwatch self.

(then me and my two goon friends carried him and he got MVP. RIP.)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I like the Varian confused spray, I use it when someone from the enemy team makes a horrible misplay

? ?
?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

The new QM rules with sonya/varian/tass/tyrande are really bad and I wish they'd revert them because it was more fun having sonya vs a tank then sonya vs an assassin.

Varian counting as an assassin is real dumb because they almost always go tank build when that happens and there's very little you can do about it.

Heroes like Varian just fundamentally poo poo all over all the QM matchmaking rules. Even if they only allowed Varian vs Varian mirrors you'd still have the same problem every time one of them specs Taunt and the other doesn't.