Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I kind of wish HotS was anything besides a MOBA because I'm totally down with RPing as my favorite Blizzard characters and opening lootboxes with pretty princess clothes in them, but hate the actual act of playing this game.

Don't play games you don't enjoy, doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Gustav posted:

Just once I'd like to see someone say "hey guys, I'm pretty bad at assassin". Somehow it's always the daunting task off supporting that no one can seem to get the hang of.

Which is funny because depending on the hero being a decent support is one of the easiest things to get the hang of in the game. I'd rate the roles like this in terms of difficulty: tank > melee assassin/bruiser > ranged assassin > support.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

And furthermore when murky uses march of the murlocs this horde of endless murlocs (all smaller than the supposed newborn murky) seemingly come from out of nowhere *snort* are we to believe this is some sort of magic horn? Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!

lmao

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Schneider Inside Her posted:

We got Muradin bro

Is Muradin a giant ape? No, no he's not.

Personally I'm just waiting for king smug of the Koprulu sector, Mengsk. I have no idea how they're going to implement him though.

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 22, 2017

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

WC3 dudes are mostly garbage looking generic fantasy characters IMO. All the other franchises are much better as far as character design goes.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

Are you really prepared to defend Diablo's boring and uninspired angel designs?

I am! Tyrael was the first hero I tried in HotS just because he looked so cool-- I never even played Diablo.

Back to Warcraft I will say that Zuljin and Lunara are very well done so it's not all bad.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Dietrich posted:

If sombra comes to the game she should be able to hack towers and keeps.

Make them attack enemies for a short duration and fountains deal damage instead of heal.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Eraflure posted:

Safest does not mean easiest/most braindead. Those are two very different things. Tychus is one of my most played characters too, I wouldn't bother talking about him otherwise.

But he's far from the safest either.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

They showed Scarecrow Xul (with new tints) during the video, I would be surprised if the other old halloween skins aren't also back.

They also showed a Skeleton Abathur spray so I would say he's guaranteed to be back.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Zwiebel posted:

Not sure why Junkrat doesn't have mana.
It's really arbitrary how they keep treating that core mechanic at this point.

It would've made more sense if he couldn't AA and instead only had his Q as the primary source of damage. As it stands it's kinda weird, yeah.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

It's totally fine to have some degree of overlap between heroes and even expected at this point I would say since we have over 70 of them with more on the way for a good long while. You don't see anyone bitching about Ken and Ryu in SF.

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 27, 2017

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Why not Braxis?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Another cool thing about the new stealth rework is that standing still for a couple of seconds will turn you completely invisible. So not even a shimmer.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

If Bli$$ard thinks they can release two heroes at the same time, too soon for me to save up 30k gold, in order to bilk me out of some irl money they're goddamn right

They're not though. Hanzo is coming in December.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

There aren't many notable Diablo characters left at this point so they kinda have to spread them out. Same for Starcraft.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

It's also nice for Kael, Chromie, hell anyone with AOE quests. I wonder if they'll make the circle invisible to enemies, perhaps for the first half of it?

Currently it just feels like it takes way too long. I think they could shorten it to 2-2.5 seconds and not make Alex too OP.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

The L20 swipe upgrade will give you 2 extra charges when you select it so make sure to take it only once your heroic goes on cd for maximum effect.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

If you play mostly QM then you will have at least 2 good targets for Pyroblast every game guaranteed.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

It's great for when your hero has a quest that requires hitting enemy heroes.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Textures are probably the least time intensive thing in creating a character, though. The art director guy probably looked at them and said "good enough" instead.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Yeah I agree. The problem with her Q is the reset. I would be OK with removing that and adding bonus damage per enemy hero hit or something instead.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lucifirius posted:

It's either a Xel'Naga or a hybrid, I think Xel'Naga.

I think it's Amon himself. IIRC you fight that exact model in the last mission of the game.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lucifirius posted:

Is it Amon specifically or a Xel'Naga in general?

Amon for sure. He doesn't look too different from a regular Xel'Naga though-- just more evil looking.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

I didn't know it did that :randstare:

Yeah what

Goddamn Tracer.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Where's the Dehaka skin from the comic??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

Skins that only exist in sprays are always the best ones :smith:

Sharkhaka :smith: