Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
:oclap: DON'T :oclap: PICK :oclap: GUL'DAN :oclap: IF :oclap: YOU :oclap: AREN'T :oclap: GOING :oclap: TO :oclap: IGNORE :oclap: TEAM :oclap: FIGHTS :oclap: AND :oclap: PUSH :oclap: TOWERS :oclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

gazlowe is the only good announcer atm

alarak and roadhog announcers when

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

All Tracer on Hanamura, you start at level 10, and it's accelerated (4x core damage from payloads and 4x core health, but every kill on an enemy also does one core damage). Pretty fun, lots of skirmishing and poo poo.

you also get total recall (heal when rewinding) and instant bomb explosion, so it feels very very "overwatch"y

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I could do this all day

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I got mecha dehaka, tassadar, and anub'arak from my three veteran chests :getin:

there's also a hidden Mei on a Rexxar skin that I got

Minera fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I think at this point Starcraft 2 is Blizzard's only game that doesn't have some form of RNG reward system in it. Hearthstone card packs, loot boxes in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, D3 and WoW are all RNG when it comes to loot...

They're coming with the War Chests update, which is supposed to be Soon. It's gonna use a Dota International Compendium style system, I believe. Most likely there will be unlockable skins for every race variant of every unit and building, like Purifier/Tal'Darim Protoss, Primal Zerg, etc etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I didn't even know there was an update in the works for SC2. Granted I never played it that much (don't even own the Zerg and Protoss expacs).

I don't know poo poo about Dota though other than every time I try to watch it my eyes glaze over. Is it going to be loot box esque? Just keep playing matches and eventually you'll get a few random unit skins?

Yeah it's going to basically be a progression system that unlocks poo poo for playing the game, and it'll probably be very similar to the current SC2 and HotS progression systems: play as Zerg and unlock skins for everything but especially Zerg skins, etc. Playing regular Multiplayer and Co-Op was both supposed to work but it's been a few months so who knows how they'll change it before they give out more details and start to hype it. If you liked playing SC2's story mode, Co-op commanders are available for everyone (even if you don't own the game, I think, owning LotV just unlocks some extra commanders) and is is really really awesome and fun with constant updates and new commanders. There's a thread for it here on the blizzard subforum if you wanna look into it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

as a master player, my only advice is to play mages that have some mechanic or way of wiping the entire enemy team. gul'dan is good when objectives need to be cleared, li ming is good if they're light on tanks, jaina and kael'thas are rear end garbage for solo queue.

otoh, SKULL.GIF is master and a better player than me and he almost exclusively plays support. it's a matter of finding what you're comfortable with, then first and foremost, not dying, doing objectives, and killing enemy heroes.

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 27, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Gustav posted:

Just Varian and anything and you're pretty much golden

yeah he's kinda broken in QM and there's not a great way to balance him. did they ever fix varian teams getting matched vs teams with no tank?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/youWzHE.mp4

horns.aiff

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Well I got this "play two games as a Diablo hero" quest and I have this Nazeebo guy sitting here at 1. I suppose I'll try this guy out and get a free lootbox in the process

Nazeebo... MY MAN :swoon:

edit: His character design sucks though

https://clips.twitch.tv/PiercingAcceptableStingrayDatBoi

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I just don't understand how people think they can trick others into thinking "spend the entire match looking for the hard to find shimmer" is fun and rewarding gameplay for everyone involved.

play smarter, not harder. barring a few hero exceptions (like chromie, and even she has ways to play around stealth ganks via fast recall, stasis traps, short cooldown detection, ice block, etc) stealth heroes can't kill you 100 to 0 from stealth without you having a chance to retaliate. instead of playing like zeratul's visibility in lane matter, play against stealth heroes like there's a butcher on the enemy team and you can't see him on the minimap. you'll find that their sub 50% win rates make a lot more sense after that.

should we remove fog of war next for making it too hard to figure out where the enemy team is? do all blink and movement displacing abilities need to be culled for making it too hard to predict a hero's location?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I wish I had more excuses to take Rain of Destruction instead of Horrify in ranked :(

80% winrate guldan here: horrify is bad, take RoD almost always

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Well now I'm just confused. When IS Rain of Destruction worth taking over Horrify? What are these edge cases?

are you on a pro team or queueing with 4 other grandmasters? horrify is a safe pick

else? rod.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I'm just here to inform, not to educate.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

In pub games, RoD is a siege ultimate that wins objectives (forts, map bonuses, siege camps, bosses) and thus the game, Horrify is a tool that 9 times out of 10 just takes advantage of sloppy positioning (your own or the enemy's)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

bamhand posted:

Uh if you cast RoF from max range it's still a DPS loss compared to using your other abilities.

applying dps from a safe distance to an area you couldn't otherwise isn't a dps loss. the opposite, actually.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

watching "pro" hots and lol

please shift queue a move order when you mount up so you aren't just watching yourself mount or worse, breaking your mount cast. don't be a pro player and just sit there. ty.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Filipino Freakout posted:

Grubby is anti-rear end in a top hat and tries to answer every question from viewers.

Speaking of which, I asked him today and he said RoD is meme-tier. Let's never speak of it again.

artanis and tassadar were going to be memes after their remakes last winter

then they've both received nothing but nerfs since then and been top tier heroes

I don't put much stock in "pro" opinions

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Musluk posted:

Yet another confirmation that goons are terrible.

e: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20783380/the-nexus-is-shifting-battleground-rotations-5-12-2017

9 map rotations in the future instead of 6.

my idea for map rotations: rotate out garden of terror, and then never rotate it back in. perfect map pool.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

if only sc2, the game hots was built on the back of, had some way to veto maps.

oh well.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

like it even solves the "problem" of people all vetoing a map and the people that like it can't play it: it just makes the vetoed maps less likely to come up, you can still get them. forcing people to play maps that they think are bad is just dumb though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:kenanandkel:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Luminous Cow posted:

Why do people want kel'thuzad so bad?

because it's kel thu frikkin zad

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I agree, there's already an ice mage and a necromancer in the game, and an ice necromancer knight. Those are vague enough concepts that there is plenty of design space still, but they probably are scratching their heads over a thematic niche

all of kel'thuzads abilities just summon other heroes. q is stiches, w is anub'arak, e is sylvanas (b/c she's the banshee queen)

his ultimate is just arthas

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

35 minute long game

:eyepop:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The one thing I hope they fix about D.Va is D-Matrix because it's kind of clunky to use. You should just be able to do a full 360-degree swivel while it's active.

all they need to do is make the 100% booster damage in the first second of boost baseline. idk why a huge damage boost talent is on the same tier with a couple of almost strictly mobility talents. I guess reduced boost for every hero passed through is alright?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://fat.gfycat.com/JovialImportantArmedcrab.webm

Leoric and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad, No Good Play.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I want to play Sonic, Cloud, and Mario in 5mash 5: Heroe5 of the 5torm.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

D.Va is definitely tank

ing my opponent's mmr as I win every game with her

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

D.va has no mechanic to gain aggro

spam her taunts and dances in mid lane and see what happens fucker

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Avalerion posted:

When/against who is that ablative armor talent a good idea?

it hits all poison/dot effects and is effective against almost everyone's autoattacks, giant killer, multi-hit spells like genji's shuriken toss, guldan's corruption/life drain, etc etc. it's probably the correct choice on that tier in most situations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

that's a good trick

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

no giant killer effect hits for more than 5% of dva's life, and all giant killer effects are a seperate hit from whatever autoattack or spell causes their damage.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So is her nitros boost only active for half a second? If I'm reading it right I'm back to thinking it's useless. I'm rarely that close when I want to boost

there's not really any alternative. it lets you clear creeps faster as a bonus.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

how to ping

alt ping, drag to the right: guys im coming now its drawing a line on the minimap of me to you so you know I'm like 15 seconds away
v ping: go the gently caress back. if you do it more than once, you may be brain damaged
regular ping on hero/building: kill it
5 pings on the core: NO STOP HEARTHING YOU loving RETARDS KILL THE CORE WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU LEAVING NOW IT'S AT 4% AND THEY"RE PUSHING AS 5 AND YOU"RE ALL ALONE gently caress

as soon as someone does like 3 or 4 pings really quickly I just ping mute them so I quit playing with a bell next to my ear and a seizure warning on the minimap

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Musluk posted:

If you're playing a MOBA you're already brain damaged, imqho

true

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Does DOTA2 not have easy mode? Warcraft 3 DOTA used to have a mode with increased gold/xp that lasted like 20 minutes which is what I always played

dota 2 isn't a finished game, so of course not

but at least now you can enjoy epic portal memes and bet on your mmr

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Deathwing, much like Ridley, is too big to smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

And a themed summer brawl with this loading screen:

probably similar to the Christmas snowball brawl.

Please be pudge wars where you hook stitches into a pool :pray: