Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

But Genji sucks and *fart noises to infinity*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

I mean Genji does suck, he just might also be a strong hero.

I agree with the boring part but at least he is unique in that he plays almost exactly the same as he does in Overwatch just you know less jumping. Out of all the melee assassins Illidan is the most fun, personally speaking.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ahahaha the cowboy outfit for Valla changes her /dance and it's amazing.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ragnaros is the hot poo poo though, even after nerfs he still dictates the game. I mean unless you're super high level in which case iunno how good he is up there.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

The difference between a good Zarya and a mediocre one is astounding

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

If you're not using the rainbow unicorn on all your dudes you're doing it wrong

Hixalot posted:

Any tips or guides? Just picking this game up again for the Overwatch stuff and tried Zarya, she seems really fun and like her style of play.

Was literally just coming in here to ask if she was viable.

What the enemy Zarya did was always stand in the middle of fights so he could absorb as much damage as possible while also shielding the other tank if we ever focused them, this made us waste extra time while she melted us. The two tanks acted as such a good buffer while our Zarya would wait until the healers were attacked to bubble them so myself as a taunt Varian would just melt too fast to act as a good buffer for our ranged.

Plus early game you can kinda dive towers to get lots of free energy to bully your lane opponent. That's what happened to me but I could be super wrong about it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I really like Varian, he has a lot of variance.

Spudd fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 28, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So that's why talents would never auto pop up on Valla.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

1stGear posted:

Thrall just isn't very good any more huh

If Thrall was good at one thing what would/should it be, when my brother played him months ago he would just yell "dive, dive, dive!" and make submarine noises over discord whenever he did anything.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

This game needs way more bans, like 4 a side. Two is insufficient to really shape and respond to a draft and the roster is starting to get big.

With the megabundles there's not even a concern anymore about locking out newbies from being able to participate (or raising the entry requirements).

Or make all heroes free :parrot: so that not owning a hero will never be a concern for Hero League

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Onean posted:

Thrall was (is?) very good at lane pressure. In high skill play the solo lane was almost always Thrall vs. Zagara a few months back.

Oh I've never played him, my brother did, all I know is I've never feared a Thrall. V:v:V

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So Fenix is being released as a commander in the Star Craft 2 co-op mode and he has 3 different modes that do 3 different roles. Next multiclass confirmed?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Is Samuro good? I kind of want to get the dumb samurai orc

God I hate playing against Samuro, he's just unfun... so I guess that means he's good. :v:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Oi this is the first time I've bitched about him and I find him unfun since it's usually in QMs where I didn't pick someone with all the AoE in the world. If I'm Valla or, God help the Samuro, Tassadar then I don't mind him at all.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Like the goon said before, queue for a match that shows what map you've all rolled then you pick who you wanna play. Kinda like in Dota All Pick, get 60 seconds to decide until it just auto-randoms you and then starts the game. Maybe even make 45 seconds. gently caress knows I'm still going to pick who I want to level but if they all pick stealthers then that will give me a chance to ruin their day with my boy Tass'. Also you can have mirror picks.

Something different though, I was 1 match off from leveling with Rag and getting a chest and I was like "This is gon' be short" and queued for an AI game. loving nope. Everyone else was an Overwatch hopper, the ending screen after a 30 minute game where our core got to 10% against normal bots had me at 80% Hero Damage, 60% Siege and 50% XP. That was the most infuriating quick-bot game of my life.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Why does Arthas' profile say '10 physical armor'? Does he have more innate damage resist than every other character?

Greymane gets 15 armour in Worgen form so he can stay in that form longer.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Semper Fudge posted:

The Valeera nerf was almost certainly because they didn't want to scare off new players I feel. Wouldn't be surprised if they revert it the minute the Overwatch events are done.

Yeah but all the Overwatch hoppers have been awful people so they should un-nerf Valeera

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

I wish they just removed permanent/long-lasting stealth altogether.

Pick Tassadar

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Well then play loving Tassadar then, a lot of other heroes can get talents at 1 that reveal stealthers but one of Tass's most fun builds involve reducing his sight cool down to 15 seconds so you're never not storming bitches.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Varian is so good, especially taunt. My favourite thing is when the enemy Genji goes Dragonblade because if you taunt him with it out he just stands there since Dragonblade has no auto attack. It's. So. Good.

I've also finally decided to try and Ragnaros and yeah... I can see why he has been nerfed if he is still this powerful.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Is ETC good right now? I got him in the tank pack and whoooo boy do I love this guitar cow.

He's different and a bit weaker than before but you can still push waves out. Mosh Pit is still one of the best ultimates in the game and can change games.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

When do you all prefer Gul'dan's Q build over E? E just generally seems safer and more effective in the long run, long as you get it stacked up in a reasonable timeframe. Chat suggested the spell armor was as good a reason for Q build as any?

If I end up in a QM where the enemy side has no healers I'll go Corruption because hey good luck pushing or fighting into all that DoT damage. If they have a healer then I go Q build.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

80% winrate guldan here: horrify is bad, take RoD almost always

This is the current first place for the worst post in the new thread, let's see who can out dumb this.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Froghammer posted:

If you're looking for a character that allows you to win by playing perfectly even though your all your teammates are loving up constantly, HotS isn't the kind of game that allows that to reliably happen due to its focus on teamfights.

Ragnaros ~kinda~ comes close in a really vague, in that he can make a difference if some of your dudes are bad.

If you want to feel like a carry though pick Greymane, dude can become an unstopable juggernaut if your team can support you.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

In pub games, RoD is a siege ultimate that wins objectives (forts, map bonuses, siege camps, bosses) and thus the game, Horrify is a tool that 9 times out of 10 just takes advantage of sloppy positioning (your own or the enemy's)

Dig up, stupid.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Someone cast Horrify on this discussion so people stop entertaining the idea of using RoD.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Kashuno posted:

On the topic of ults dragon blade still the bad ult namaste

Can Genji's please keep picking Dragon Blade, I love the easy kills again you. My favourite thing is watching you dash, sheath it out and then get rooted by Malf, effectively making you worthless.

Speaking of good things though Artanis is still amazing to play, I found myself last match saying out loud to no one "FIGHT ME". He's so much fun.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

A little while after Leoric came out Death Prophet in Dota 2 had a spell that works almost the same as Drain Hope. It's probably just a coincidence though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

"Mastery taunt" care of Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/SXm3sOv.mp4

I kinda wanna see the Venn diagram of UFC fans and people who play enough Heroes of the Storm to get this.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I really like the Valla VO "Well at least your gear won't lose any durability"

I am actually kinda shocked there isn't a Raynor/Kerrigan/Artanis voice over since they're all major characters in their own games.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

It's kinda funny to me that Varian's Mortal Strike is most useful when he's Fury... I'm the only to get a chuckle from that, aren't I?

Xul's Mortal Strike is fine since it's a level 20 talent that has massive competition, if your game goes super late it makes him super dangerous in pubs.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Poultron posted:

Yeah, I prefer that if they WERE going to do the arms race poo poo, make them level 20 talents. Xul's is great for that reason, and even Varian's is fine (right now) because healers are not THAT oppressive. Frankly, even if double support is becoming meta, Varian can't counter it THAT hard on his own, and I'm pretty sure there are better ways than loving Mortal Strike.

You're right, I'm not a designer or anything so I can't think of a way to gently caress over healing without making playing a healer unfun. I think at the moment it's fine, but I'm a scrub and don't get this game at a super high level. Like I'm watching HGC Korea right now and I don't get how everyone is always so full on life at all times unlike in my games where I usually run around at about 30% health all game. :v:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I don't want this to be like Dota though

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

They lowered the number of maps for the 2.0 roll out. I guess to help new people ease into the game.

Dragon Shire is literally the easiest map to understand I don't know why they took it out, I am looking forward to it coming back.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

:perfect:

Out of all the "carries" in this game Li-Ming is the most fun but if you want to be king poo poo of the mountain pick Gul'Dan. You don't pop people like a bubble but you can constantly poke push them back to their core and even if they dive you your team can protect you against the burst and then you can life drain to full. Giving them the same frustration that people feel against a farmed Anti-Mage.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

teagone posted:

Just got into this game because of the DVa quests. Really enjoying it as my first MOBA. I will not play any other MOBAs though. This is the only one. Also, they need to make Dragoon Fenix into a character. Why isn't he a character? :(

Spoilers, this is what will happen when they release Fenix. He will be a multiclass character I cannot see them releasing Zealot/Dragoon Fenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chH9T4HwFk4

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

In case anyone was wondering, D.Va now has the best music in the game, sorry for all the other characters that came before her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQGi-WeNr8

After the 10 second mark it reminds me a lot of Mindless Self Indulgence.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Compared to LoL and DotA, very few heroes have good skins.

That's a funny joke, I laughed.

I think we'll stop getting Overwatch heroes for awhile, maybe. Probably.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

bio347 posted:

The only announcer I need is Alarak.

Not an empty quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

We've got four elements of Mage now right? Karl'thas fire, Jaina frost, Li-Ming arcane and Gul'Dan fel. I'd really like Khadgar to be a hero with dad jokes for every other hero but I don't know what mage he would be.