Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mage as in a shitload of damage with spells with gently caress all health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Alarak announcer when

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

That Lucio nerf was too harsh imo.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I find pinging "I'm on my way there" is a lot more helpful than me saying "I'm on my way down bot to *person*" helps keep the channel clear in case someone has something more important to say like a joke.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Bahumbug, 8 losses tonight. Some of the games were because we had team mates who either AFK'd or kept disconnecting or wanted to spend more time blaming someone else instead of at least soaking XP. Tonight has been rather unfun with the toxic nerds. Last game was fun though even though we threw in the end.

One day I'll win against a Cho'Gall... one day.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just counter-pick him with Leoric, Tychus, or literally anyone with Giant Killer.

I play quick match mainly so that's my fault. I just don't like the drafting stage, for some reason I get super anxious. I'm an incredibly anxious man irl so it probably has to do with that.

Arthas still does some serious loving damage against him though it was disgusting.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I imagine that strat would fall apart if they have Kael'Thas worth their weight. He could just tear every single wave down so you would need to be tanking tower shots.

Granted you could pick Sylvanas to counter that but then you're stuck with a Sylvanas on Hanamura.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe I'm understanding the map incorrectly, to be fair I don't play enough of it and whenever I win or lose I actually say outloud "Oh it's over... how?"

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

New Hero: Alan Wake and the new opening theme will be composed by Poets of the Fall.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So one Genji's master skins makes him look like Master Chief which is a Bungie game so I would be surprised if we don't see skins inspired from Destiny 2 or their other games... which I can't think of right now.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Really? I'm bad at gaming news.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I have her and she is criminally boring to actually play, unfortunately!

I think you're getting Johanna confused with Muradin.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Do people still call all of the DOTA2 characters by their old names? I remember HoN being a nightmare for new players

The worst people are the ones who call out their 'real names', I'm pretty sure I have actually slapped a friend irl for constantly doing that to annoy new people. Don't be a oval office, how is this such a hard concept to grasp.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I still feel like Tychus is underrated as an announcer.

Tychus is really good, but I still think Valla is the best. Although I can't pick what kind of accent she is meant to have.

Also "Well at least you won't lose any durability" when you die is still great after hearing it like 100 times because it chills me out.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

If Raynor's announcer doesn't have him starting every game saying "Hey, hey man" I will be very disappointed.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Stop playing with poo poo people.

Wait that means me gently caress.

self owns are best owns

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I wish Illidan was still king of the mountain, I had so much fun 1v3ing people and using the Hunt. Now I have to be careful and actually make team comps. Ppsspfft.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I know the "off lane" for Dragonshire is top and for the rest is usually the bottom lane.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

This is because mid is closer to bot than it is to top, meaning players will rotate mid and bot to look for ganks/applying the most pressure to forts/taking the bottom shrine to avoid losing the DK. Top is so far that rotating up there to do anything gives the top lane player more than enough time to realize somethings up and back off.

It's also because pushing across the bridge is a death sentence in most games. You're extremely cramped and there are lots of heroes who can just impede your progress backwards.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Yo this new Brawl loving owns.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I've been looking forward to an AV style map in HotS

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Yo why is no one talking about how amazingly fun Genji is, he gels so well with my play style. My play style being I gently caress around with very little health to bait the enemy into attacking me.

I got away on less than 5% health so many times, if I were them I'd get so lovely. :allears:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Master Skin Li Li is OP because she opens up her umbrella when she uses her ultimate

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

His trait would be shoot backwards, so meta would be auto attacking then immediately turning around to get in a free back shot.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

A friend of mine is who is super new just started playing and last night I did a few quick match games with him. I, uhh, feel bad by how much I steam rolled the enemy team.

Like it's just not fair how good ETC. is against an entire Overwatch gimmick team. Plus I also found out he got a new glam metal skin with the 2.0 update, it's great.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Whole lotta bad posters in this thread who will be up against the wall when Mengsk comes out for not being loyal to the Dominion.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

Supposed Malth talent scoop:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6euc2c/malthael_talent_tree/

e: as expected, he can talent some mobility. Neat. I like the design so far, but a lot still depends on his numbers, especially cooldowns, AA speed, base damage (would be weird for it to be 0 since buildings), and his tankiness.

Yeah nah I'll wait for official release of his talents, people are really bad at game mechanics and coming up with ideas on how Kel'thuzad would work.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Destructoid articles have been the talent reveals for the last like 4 or 5 heroes, I'd say this one is probably true!

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Varian's one is kinda weird because you can't really choose exactly when to use it unless you stand around holding your dick for the right moment, or are Fury in which case good luck! The only other one when you can decide it to happen is a level 20 talent for Xul and even then it's a skill shot.

If it's on a minute cool down I'll buy it, but even then I'll be lovely with it.

Mortal strike. :argh:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I mean they gave Alarak battle momentum at level 1

You're thinking of harden focus, Battle Momentum is when you hits things and your stuff cools down faster which is considerably different.

I get that Malth should have a mortal strike, he's a dude about death and Xul is a dude about death and he has it. I just don't see it being a level 7 ability. Maybe 13 so he has to choose between either his survival or lessening the chance for the dude he is focusing on to survive.

EDIT: I just found out that Valeera has one at level 4 I just never noticed it. v:v:v

Spudd fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 2, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Everything about that owns

It's gonna be a timed exclusive isn't it?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So I guess Wailing Arrow is the ult you're SUPPOSED to take... but. It's boring and lame and mind control is so much more fun. Also Sylvannas is very fun

Incorrect landing a Wailing Arrow is a lot more fun. This is a scientific fact.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

For the most part they closely follow their characterizations in D3 but they were never specific named characters until HotS. This is further complicated by some loot in D3 later being named after the class heroes in HotS (Johanna's Argument, Valla's Bequest, etc.).

If you click on Johanna enough she talks about how she has the same name as her master, and when she gets an apprentice they'll take up the name Johanna.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I don't know why I did this

Av size if someone wants it

You're doing the lords work my son, wish I had some disposable cash for that avatar.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Lucio is still pretty good? He is literally the lowest winrate support at 46% all 48% looking from gold up

You do realize he was nerfed right

I still like Lucio and no amount of percentages or numbers will make me stop picking him

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

The dude's Last Rites quest says it can go down to a minimum of 15 seconds but trying him out, the cooldown went all the way down to 5 seconds. I dunno if that's tooltip error or an ability error, but he seems really really strong. He's gonna be terrifying in team fights

I read somewhere that has to do with his level 20 upgrade for that heroic.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Power Bottom posted:

Someone pointed out to me that a huge portion of Varian's kit is just Repackaged Illidan and it pisses me off that I didn't realize it sooner. It's so obvious in hindsight.

Explain my friend

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

Dive actually does slow the target briefly while Illidan performs the flip animation.

Does it though or is it just the game registering Illidan is in front of the other character so the other character tries to path way around it?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

loving owns

I'm on the opposite side of the quick match Lucio talk, I play him exclusively in it because I know if I play well I can help a bad team composition win. He has an amazing kit and is super fun.

Although what shits me is whenever I run back to speed boost an ally away from a losing fight they use that as a signal to hard engage. Just back the gently caress out, please. No matter how much I press 'V'. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Had this epic battle with a Lucio today in quick match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwgIixJC_8

:confused:

This kind of fight happened multiple times. They ended the same way every time. He wasn't a bot.

Yeah I got nothing, this dude is just stoned out of their mind or actually an idiot.