Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Page one is gonna last forever since there's only like six goons that play this and there's never any big events to talk about, so yeah ground floor

I'm actually super excited about this Nexus Challenge and I'm really glad to see that they're putting a lot of effort into trying to get more players into the game. Here's hoping they get enough players into the game that the TL matchmaking pool gets large enough for it to not be poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Huxley posted:

Is there some kind of new-player grotto I'm in where I only get to play Cursed Hollow in QM?

I hit level 5 last night playing 3-4 games each with LiLi and ETC, and I've played only one game on a map other than Cursed Hollow.

Also, having never played any kind of moba before, this is actually pretty fun. Powersliding through an entire lane of the little guys and stunning them was fun, and I finally played a game where the opposing team injured our base and we came back to win. Every game up to that point was mostly a stomp, so it was fun to see that not always be the case.

Yeah, I think once you pass level 5 it opens up more maps. Your daily quests should also stop being "play some coop games" about that time too.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Tsurupettan posted:

what's the build for this? i used to play a lot of tyrande a year+ ago but havent touched her since.

also having just found out that the money pig is gone, i sure am glad that was the first thing i spent gold on at release :getin:

Weirdly enough, the highest throughput healing build is the owl build. Get good at landing those shots and your cooldowns just straight-up evaporate. Once you get the penetration talent at 16, your heal is basically up whenever you want it in any given teamfight as long as you hit 3-ish guys.

Pick all 3 owl talents, the heal boost at 13, and your choice at 7, 10, and 20, except don't take Lunar Momentum at 7.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Blizz please make Pixie Dust give Armor for the duration and not block charges because block charges are pretty worthless in this brave new era of heroes having ten auto attack ticks per second.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Change all block talents to giving you phys armour for X seconds every Y seconds, like Spell Shield.

Spell Shield is great! Spell Block is one of the worst mechanics in the game and I have no idea why they have it in next to actually good mitigation things like Spell Shield. Spell Shield will protect you from taking spell damage, full stop. Spell Block will either save you from Pyroblast or do next to nothing to stop Disintegrate.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SKULL.GIF posted:

What hero has Spell Block?

It's on talents. Brightwing can grant it with Pixie Dust at level 13, Ragnaros and Li-Ming both have talents that give them charges when they land skillshots, and I think there's a couple more that I'm not remembering.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Shield Dust (13): Pixie Dust grants Spell Armor for 4 seconds, reducing spell damage taken by 40%.

Ah my bad, there was a change to make it only work against one effect back when Armor was rolled out but I guess they reverted it.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Awesome! posted:

how does chogall work? like what does each person control as far as movement and abilities

Cho gets the movement, melee attacks, and can chuck a bomb. Gall has nearly no movement control, ranged spell attacks (no autos really short cooldowns), and can detonate the bomb Cho chucks.

Basically Gall is a second ability bar, controlled by another player, stapled onto Cho.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SirSamVimes posted:

...No they can't?

Spoken like someone who's never lost a game because their Li Li talented exclusively into Cloud Serpent, leaving her Healing Brews basically homeopathic.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Am I reading the Season 2 post correctly in that they're still not changing anything about how TL duo-queuing works, just adding an even bigger warning for longer queue times? Did I just hallucinate that they were planning on bringing up match quality by adding a much stricter upper bound on how sloppy the matchmaker would get as queue times increased at the cost of significantly longer queue times, or did they walk back on it?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

bamhand posted:

All they said was they're looking at options. And that they definitely weren't going to allow solo queues to join in on team. Anything else you assumed was going to happen was simply you thinking Blizzard would do something besides nothing.

Actually, I was referring to the thing that was in the PTR patch notes:

quote:

Team League
Team League matchmaking will now allow players to wait indefinitely until the system finds a reasonable match for their skill level.
When average queue times for 2-player parties in Team League become lengthy, the leaders from additional 2-player parties attempting to enter the queue will see a warning message that they may be in for a long wait.
When this occurs, the party leader can choose to enter the lengthy queue if they are willing to wait, or cancel the queue to find additional party members and get a match more quickly.

Looks like this is actually in the main patch notes too, so either they forgot to announce this on the Season 2 page or they forgot to remove it from the patch notes.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

So basically now the only purpose of keeps on Hanamura is to power up your next shot at the cost of massively extending on a map that otherwise never requires you to move past mid? And they're adding an extra point of core health to drag things out more. I'm not sure this is much of an improvement.

I like the XP on payload change though. Now a team won't fall behind in level for actually bothering to engage with the map objective.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Bogart posted:

Predicting -20 seconds for Flail Ult, +10 for Shove, -20% healing overall, self-root cooked into E, healing on Patient Zero reduced to 50%. And even then he'd still be fun as hell. Love my Zerg Russian.

What do you mean by "self-root cooked into E"? Isn't he already immobile while channeling E until he cancels it by moving?

(Or do you mean that he should have to hit E to cancel it?)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Power Bottom posted:

So Rare skins have unique animations, special effects, and all that jazz, right? The Bone Visage skin for Xul that was recently released is rated as Rare, so I decided to pop into Try mode to see what was different.

For Bone Spear, instead of throwing an actual bone spear, Xul throws his sword.

That's it. A talent got slightly different art. That's what makes the skin Rare.

You're thinking of Legendary skins, which only sometimes have different VO but usually have different special effects.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Fuzz posted:

Missile build really can murder the gently caress out of people if you get good at aiming... especially with manaball and the 3 hit extra damage talent since you only need the 3 hits, not all 5 to hit. You just poo poo direct damage on people really fast and it's hard for them to dodge if you position well, especially if they're a :btroll: like Butcher or Azmo.

This, except Fireflies. The missile speed basically doubles, making it even easier to land, and the decreased mana cost and cooldown lets you spam it constantly.

There's nothing more satisfying in this game then that cash register ding! you get when all three missiles hit.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Bogart posted:

you would not believe your eyes

My duo queue partner is sick of this joke. (I am not.)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I usually reply with "if you stop being mad you'll stop being bad" and then report them.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Did they walk back on the decision to despawn the second boss camp on a map if the first one gets captured, or did I make that whole thing up in my head? I was playing on Cursed Hollow yesterday, got boss, and was still able to get the other one while the enemy team was dealing with the first.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Is there ever a good reason to go with Aim Down Sights or other “dps” talents on Ana? I can never figure out how to get respectable damage numbers out of her.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

All of the Nexus announcers say “keep” and “fort”, but for whatever reason most of the character announcers only say “fort”. Alarak, of course, uses the terms correctly.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

My favorite thing about Dragonstrike is being Sgt Hammer, pressing E, and ignoring it entirely.

e: Actually, right now, my favorite thing is Hammer’s E. People look so disappointed when they fail to do anything to the perfectly stationary target with their huge burst skillshots.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I wonder if I’m just not “getting” his kit but it looks like this guy is going to be supremely unexciting to play. Is he seriously melee?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Support players are not supposed to having fun. What do they think this is, a game??

I know I’m not having fun unless I am literally screaming wordlessly at my monitor while frantically mashing buttons, praying that Moonfire comes off of cooldown fast enough that I can give Malthael just barely enough healing to survive for one second longer when he’s dove so far past the enemy frontline that nobody else on our team can do anything to save him at all.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Are they going to make Black Soulstone activatable or will killing Diablo late-game still reset his entire soul pool and spawn him out of sequence with the rest of his dead teammates?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Is there ever a good reason for Deckard Caine to hit people with his walking stick? The positioning feels too risky for the piddling amount of damage it does.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SirSamVimes posted:

Alarak is the best announcer because I want John de Lancie to berate me in every waking moment.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

How do the Vikings work in the mech? Do you get the pilot/gunner skills when you swap between the two of them?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The Raynor nerf I want to see that nobody seems to be talking about is to give his banshee the same health bar as Nazeebo’s Gargantuan and Kerrigan’s Ultralisk. It’s pretty insane that something that does so much damage is so hard to spot in a crowded lane.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Really looking forward to this 4rth tier fap fodder for incels.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

How are you supposed to be playing Whitemane to get the real good numbers? I can reliably get moderately high healing numbers but for a damage-dealing support I’m finding it hard to keep my damage numbers up.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Kith posted:

Level 4: High Inquisitor. Clemency's healbeam triggers this, meaning that if you're lacking enemies you can fart out a beam on an ally to get all of your Mana back.

loving WHAT I have been positioning myself so aggressively so I can get mana back

You have saved my W-build Whitemane play. Thank you.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I'm waiting for the patch notes to know for sure whether or not the Brightwing changes are good, but as a Brightwing main I'm very excited to see changes designed to make her much more active and impactful.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1040646364206649346

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Whitemane puts out insane healing if you take Clemency and huge healing if you don’t. Also some of the best voice acting in the game.

Blizzard could nerf Whitemane into the ground and I would still pick her solely for the anime villainess laugh.

The announcer is amazing too. Guilty.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Really disappointed that they hit Tyrande’s damage dealing abilities even harder. Couldn’t they just crank down the healing a little more? I just want to shoot some things.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

BrianBoitano posted:

:siren: new on the PTR! :siren:

https://i.imgur.com/ficap8Z.mp4

stab 'em fulla daylight!

Finally, the huge bayonet on the front of his gun actually gets some use.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wish they would stop nerfing tyrande movement speed at 13. I enjoy doing assassin level dps by getting lots of autos down and this hurts my play style :(

Oh is that how you do it? I’ve never been able to figure out how other Tyrande’s keep sticking so many arrows in people. I always take the hunter’s mark talent at 13, which I guess is better for helping people focus down a specific target, but it doesn’t help my numbers so I always scrape the bottom of the damage charts.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Hey Blizz is a small company and only has so many resources to go around. Its either make sensible restrictions for TL or make another kerrigan skin

Artists are not designers are not programmers. Blizzard has invested in a huge content creation pipeline to make scraping money out of people effortless, so putting Li Ming in an even shorter skirt doesn’t use the same resources as making TL not suck.

e: That said, fix your poo poo Blizzard

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

lucifirius posted:

My Ragnaros just got target banned.

Like, in a draft? None of the matchmade draft screens show opponent names for basically this reason.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I would like to take this moment to thank Blizzard for advertising to the entire game that I am the proud owner of a “Boost” and that they should be thankful for the five percent additional experience that they will be earning. I enjoy the callout in chat when the game starts, I enjoy the icon next to my name on the scoreboard and upvote screens, and I especially enjoy the large, teal explosion that shows over my character’s head shortly after spawning. I will enjoy seeing all of this happening for the next three hundred and sixty days, as I purchased one of these “Boosts” at a steep discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

There’s a tiny little line in the patch notes about reducing hero radii by 5-15% across the board, which seems like a huge nerf to every single skillshot-based hero at gold and below. Please tell me I’m wrong and that they’re just referring to the little circle drawn under the models, not the actual hitbox?