Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
This is the second best game in the world for getting Overwatch skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

HelixFox posted:

The plan is to switch to a different set of reduced maps, so hope you like having both Blackheart's and Garden in the same 6 map rotation!

Reddit is extremely red and mad about it though so they might change the plan.

Ahahahahahaha

They should just instate a map vote at the start of every match. And the map with the fewest votes win. Vote wisely!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

When do you expect Stukov?

I have an unhealthy desire to play Zerg heroes.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Excellent. Thanks.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

1stGear posted:

:siren:MASSIVE SHOVE GOES THROUGH ENEMY GATES:siren:

That sounds okay defensively, but shoving guys the other way, into my towers or core excites me more.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Oh god, that should be his lvl 20 shove.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Phenotype posted:

Can someone explain to me exactly what I can buy with gems besides heroes? I thought it was all the featured skins and mounts, but one of the Sir Murkalot skins was on the featured page a while ago and was only available for shards, the event skins look like the same thing, and even the generic cloud mounts that are featured right now are not buyable with gems. I've got 1200 gems and I was trying to figure out if I might as well buy the featured bundle (adjusted) for 931, since there's no guarantee I'll ever be able to use them for the specific stuff I want -- I would have grabbed Knight Murky or one of these clouds in a second if I could have.

It's not the loot boxes that are the problem, it's the fact that you can't ever directly buy what you want anymore.

I ran into a related problem with wanting to play Stukov on PTR. I would've paid ten bucks to play him if I had found the option, but grinding gems or shards or whatever was necessary is out of the question.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

That's right. They want you to play 3 games before you have enough game currency to unlock a hero.

edit. I forgot that I had already complained about this in this thread. Will spare you reading it again.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 13, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Elysium posted:

It encourages people to actually play other heroes in the PTR. It would literally never work if every single person only loaded up the PTR to try out the new hero.

I get your reasoning, but I disagree that it's necessary. They're not testing for balance on PTR, and they don't need the matches to reflect live. The low-stakes of PTR ranked means you get a lot of goofy comps and plays. They want to catch last minute bugs and crashes introduced by new or changed heroes. They could unlock everything or do 5v5 unlimited heroes and still get what they're looking for.

Of course, extreme winrates on new or changed heroes is meaningful to them, but I think that's a secondary concern to glitches that they could only find from having the public try out new stuff.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 13, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It depends on how many testers are available. If there's some bug that requires a lot of moving parts, you might not see it before the public accidentally gets all the conditions right just be the sheer volume of people who'll be doing all kinds of unexpected things.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

peer posted:

So... Archimonde? Garrosh?? Sanpytrin???

I don't think it's a dreadlord, no wings. I see a human shaped silhouette in the bottom third of the green blob, and there's maybe the right half of deer antlers on their head.

Considering how identical all the characters in Warcraft are outside of a couple of guys with horns, wings or extra legs, using a silhouette as a teaser seems kind of pointless.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 19, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I'd love to play as the dark portal. It sounds like Abathur, but without the part where you have to relocate.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

D.Va taught you nothing.

Illidan comes out of the dark portal, and the new hero shows up to stop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I'm not sure Hots can do Junkrat justice as a hero who kills guys by accident. His grenade spam must be able to miss. Maybe as auto-attacks without homing.