Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The HOTS team was absolutely right to not build a kit themed around an era of WoW where mechanics in a boss fight meant that sometimes they would cast Frostbolt instead of Auto Attacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Spudd posted:

Her Thighness looks like a lot of fun for my level of play so I'm excited. Plus I like her model, but I'm all about that Gothic/thigh showing/running mascara look. It's a very niche attraction, I know.

Her design is horny as gently caress, but it at least looks cool and is not something like Ivy from Soul Calibur which is simultaneously embarrassingly horny and also awful to look at.

Frankly I wish they had toned down her alt-skin, since it's really cool thematically but they had to up the ante with some underboob to sell a couple extra skins.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 27, 2018

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Dire Human posted:

Oh hey, at least one of my calls was right

Interesting warcraft priests like uh

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Does Velen do something really memorable and noteworthy in Legion? Because the sudden surge of love for this character is confusing after a decade of memes about how he's trapped in the purgatory of a level 10 zone and how he wasn't even relevant in the expansion that he was introduced in.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Zhulik posted:

They also had to turn him into a paladin for the new expansion precisely because priests are dishwater dull.

edit: Seriously, the wow priest identity is "paladin but without armor or weapons". It's the green mario luigi to paladin's mario.

Let's not insult Luigi like this okay

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

You'll forgive me if I have a hard time believing that the story in Legion is

A) Good

B) Manages to rehabilitate a serially boring character

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

I agree with the spoiler, it’s just Garrosh and Whitemain are uniquely disappointing, Garrosh moreso. Whitemain’s big iconic moment is literally resurrecting her champion in the middle of a fight to protect her, and this kit has 0 of that. It could even just be that the damage ult is animated with a scarlet crusade Paladin dashing all over to hit enemies and it would work.

Garrosh is worse because his actual WOW character was being the Orc who supported heavy industrialisation of warfare, and the only one who drank the heart of an Old God and remained in control of himself.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Kith posted:

I used to not care, but nowadays I'm honestly in the same camp. Blizzard has no fear of making up characters whole-cloth to match class fantasies (see: any of the Nephalem) or unit fantasies (see: any of the SCII generics), so I'd honestly rather see characters with unique and iconic moments made into their own thing.

I'm still futilely waiting for the day that Blizzard makes Jimmy an entirely new kit and shuffles his current one on to S76.

The problem is that by the dev team's own admission you can't really do the Resurrect Ult without it either being broken or garbage and considering the history of Mercy in Overwatch and Auriel's own useless resurrect, I'm willing to believe them.

I actually like it a lot when Blizzard either creates whole-cloth new characters like you mentioned, but I also dig the way the HOTS team is able to salvage thinly-written third-stringers like Dehaka, Gazlowe, and Rehgar and give them a life of their own. Whitemane is known for her hat first, the resurrect second, and then nothing really. Outside of Legion, where she becomes a Death Knight, she had the one line of dialog and maybe some backstory in some terrible comic that no one read and that was it. But they managed to spin her out into some vicious dominatrix weirdo with a haughty anime laugh, and that's cool too and feels natural and pretty consistent with the Scarlet Crusade since they're torture obsessed overly dramatic freaks.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 28, 2018

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Whitemane has a Skinner "Am I out of touch?" joke, making her the best

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Kith posted:

Whitemane's characterization is loving amazing all around. Her "anime bitch cackle" turns into "half-hearted fake chuckle" when she's using her beam to heal people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FguLIlc2MM&t=631s

Amazing.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Has anyone given Whitemane a spin on the PTR yet?

Pretend I posted a picture of my 7000 second queue right now

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

i think a lot of players just don't like playing with TLV, like it's not actual hots. It should be free wins vs abathur on a lot of maps I don't think it's a power level question (and I've never seen a viking player as bad as most hanzos).

It doesn't seem to get weaker at higher ranks given what I see on GM streams, it's just dumb as hell.

Yeah the Vikings are just boring as gently caress is the problem

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Whitemane is loving hard to play man

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

GAZLOWE IN THE GRAND FINALS

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

lol this is going the way you'd expect

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

I hope they give Mephisto a Dehaka-esque makeover because boy is that design just from an entirely different era of design aesthetics

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Remember when Xul was one of the most broken heroes in the game lol

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

blastron posted:

Blizzard could nerf Whitemane into the ground and I would still pick her solely for the anime villainess laugh.

The announcer is amazing too. Guilty.

Every HOTS hero has a stronger personality and a better design than the game they hail from.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

"Make way for da bad guy" characterizes Zul'jin better than literally every other word of dialog from WC2 or WoW.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Belial with a minion possession mechanic imo

or a Pitlord maybe

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Mal'Ganis' voice acting is horrible, yeesh

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

lol if Blizzard goes to Blizzcon with literally no info for WoW

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Orphea rules, Imperius drools.

Anyway no new hero is going to save this game, so I hope there's some serious system changes being considered in their deep dive wise otherwise it's gonna be a real rough year for this game

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Orphea's animations put literally everything else in this game to shame.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Having to self-flagellate at the beginning of a panel is never a good sign.

Midnightghoul posted:

Having to use characters from other games was holding them back

This is a big part of why I don't mind Orphea being in the game. There's a lot more you can do visually when a character is designed from the ground up to be an actual MOBA character.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

I'm very upset that we didn't get another rendition of Angel Paladin or Human Paladin or Orc Warrior

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Mal'Ganis' HOTS model is fine except for the face, but I dunno, I the ridiculous degree of detail in the new Warcraft 3 models feels really off and HOTS feels way more true to Warcraft's spirit.

The animations also look really, really rough.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2018

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

The animation in the Orphea announcement was actually really cool, what's the issue?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

That looks terrible, but the shop page for buying gems also looks like the same brand of freemium garbage so we all had to know this was coming.

Do boosts cost the same amount of money as stimpaks?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAcP1x_TVQ

"ohhh... that guy didn't read the patch notes"

this is way more charming than it has any right to be

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Making QM not a dumpster fire is the quickest way they could get me to play this game more often.

I don't really have any strong feelings about the game being better or worse than it used to, I just don't have the time to faff about in draft and play a match like I used to.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

So I haven't played in months but Yrel was my absolute fave character, does this nerf just absolutely dumpster her?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

The HOTS team isnt anywhere near as stubborn as the WoW team and I'll be blown away if these changes make it live.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Why would you announce that your strangling your own game in the crib.

What a huge loving bummer.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Why the gently caress would you announce that your pulling the plug on your own game right after the Immortal debacle?

Idiots.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

"And even new heroes"

Jesus loving Christ

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Game's still dead, but slowly undoing the incredibly lovely monetization scheme in the game and allowing skins to be bought with gold is a good first step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Was under the impression this game was in maintenance mode, but Hogger looks cool.

Is this worth getting back into or is it just desperately treading water?