Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
If Tracer is bothering you go Valeera and they won't be able to play the game anymore. Go Genji and they'll kill themselves and their entire team by accidentally shooting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kalko posted:

Mei is fun to play and doesn't feel oppressive like some of the others. I thought they nerfed Genji into the ground, but that was admittedly a long time ago and before they started doing more frequent balance changes in maintenance mode. Is he more like release Genji these days? Can't say I've actually seen him in any QM games since I started playing again.

He's still good at securing kills and then escaping but the change to make healing wells invincible was a big hit to his popularity. Well sniping was one of the most bullshit things to deal with and it's good they made it impossible.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Best change they ever made to the game was when they bragged about bringing in some sort of biology expert to revamp the AI system and now it just hearths and sits in the base as soon as someone leaves.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

RIP HOTS, the only MOBA that has Murky. Still going to boot it up and play occasionally anyway, it's not like I was expecting them to start putting work into it again after years of inaction.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

My goal when I first started playing was to unlock every hero without paying real life money. It took years, but I did it. And I had fun doing it the whole time. I'll keep playing at the same leisurely pace, taking months long breaks when I get bored or some other game has me really obsessed. I will only quit HotS when the playerbase dries up.

And I'm still missing 12 characters.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Joined SAGoons as well, in-game name is Fitz. HotS has been my go-to for something to play while listening to podcasts for years even if it's only quickmatch and ARAM, I'm passable with most characters.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Most one-sided ARAM I ever played our team had 4 Zagaras. They had no chance, never managed to break through the minion spam in any meaningful way.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

To the goons who I played and lost two ARAM games with the other day, I'm actually not bad at this game I swear.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Issakhar posted:

I got sucked back into this again after few months, mostly ARAMs like everyone else, still my favorite MOBA since Dota but I'm gonna drop an unpopular opinion:

Same Hero ARAMs suck, like really really bad, they devolve into unfun slogs that last 35 minute or more! (All Murky uuuughh)

Some are fun, others are a slog. I don't know the odds of it occurring but it seems relatively low, something like one out of every 20 games. The all Imperius match I had the other day was a great time, the all Illidan one not as much.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Nybble posted:

In general, there doesn’t seem to be a great character for a quick ARAM when it’s only that character. An issue to be sure, since I’m playing ARAM for quick games.

All Valla was over pretty quick. Players exploding left and right because nobody has any health and everyone does massive burst damage, we got an early lead and turned it into a steamroll.

Most of the healers are disabled for crazy mode but Anduin is still in, that might drag on for a while if everyone is constantly being healed back up. All the tanks besides Mei are disabled as well so they at least made some consideration towards making the matches faster.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Alright, I think I found the worst one.

Everyone loves a 40 minute ARAM game. 20 kills ahead and we still lost.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Can't be too mad about the change, I like the same heroes ARAM matches but it seems like at least one person on my team will leave every time. Won an all Lunara match the other day because only one person on our team left while two or three left on the opposing side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Microsoft finalized the Activision Blizzard deal and is immediately pouring billions of dollars into Heroes of the Storm