Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Erdricks posted:

How are people feeling about reworked brightwing?

I'm not a brightwing player but its been 100% pick/ban in my master HL placements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Star posted:

No limits on ranks, meaning teams can be composed of bronzes and masters and if you are unlucky you can get a team of solo queues vs a five-stack. TL also lacks a fixed draft order.

So its QM

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Inquisition (W)
Damage reduced from 53 to 50
Bonus damage increased from 50 to 75%

What does this mean? Inquisition had bonus damage?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Want that neocarbon dreadmachine skin

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The low health hero used his ult that swaps health on a high health hero :eyepop:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Clans were announced back in blizzcon 2016, lol

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

HOLY gently caress
SQUEAKY KING

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Zeratul is good fun because how you play him changes as you get more talents and based on which talents you pick.
Q build is much easier, spell build is more fun.
Both ults are viable, VP has more team synergy while might is your hard carry pick.

I recommend this build and combo if you are learning.
https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/zeratul#39.2!1111321
Blink in, Q, wormhole out; changes at 20 to blink -> Q R Q -> wormhole

Play him enough and you can do dumb poo poo like this
https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/zeratul#39.2!1221331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1KuwHh0gfs

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

:eyepop: thats gonna cause some hilarity for sure.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Devil's advocate: You were already ahead when you had the opportunity to remove a fort from the lane, and removing a fort and pushing that lane further up gives you more map control for objectives.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

There was supposed to be news about the next season and there was tumbleweeds.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

That kind of stuff always blows my mind. Like, it must be someone's responsibility to handle that, right? There must be some chain of command that is supposed to ensure stuff like that doesn't just get...forgotten? It's just hard to fathom a massive company collectively missing a deadline with zero messaging to customers whatsoever.

My intuition about this sort of thing makes me think they are internally discussing what their official statement will be, and analyzing whether another season is financially allowable. Saying nothing gives them time to reach a consensus on what their next action is going to be. Saying there will be a next season and then saying "well we talked about it and now you're all fired" looks a lot worse.

E: that said, you know for a fact as soon as they say there isn't an HGC any more this game is branded in big bold letters DEAD (sc2 or diablo 3 style dead)

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 10, 2018

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Elysium posted:

I got a healing quest as my first move in the new board game event thing.

So, in other words, I'm never getting anything out of this board game event thing.

how selfish of you

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Heroes of the Storm x.x: Everyone is very mad

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Sure is relevant of you to come into the dead game thread and poo poo on the streamer that hasn't streamed it in months :confused:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Get the gently caress outta here with that politeness, insightful explanations, guidance and suggestions on how to improve, I'm here for CURSING, DABBING, AND GACHI REMIXES, YEET

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Reminder that starcraft 64 is a thing that exists and so technically Jim "Jimmy" Raynor could be added to Smash.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Super hard sell to the parents.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Can't wait to see him used in pro play

This got a good laugh out of me, thanks

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

So how am I supposed to play rexar, other than "try and fail to grab up every merc camp"

Controlling man and bear at the same time is interesting but I'm struggling to see what I'm really even supposed to be trying to do during fights. Either I keep rexar back and my team complains about how I don't do anything, or I play a little more aggressively and rexar gets gibbed instantly

You are a stun/slow bot. Don't try to 1v1 or merc (unless you are the most viable mercer on your team). Sit in offlane, Q the wave, and play near your towers/team until 10.
During teamfights keep the bear out of enemy attack range and once someone overextends punish with W->Q (enemy) or save them the same way (ally).
If the bear isn't at full HP use E on cooldown.

Kith posted:

How to Rexxar:
  • Play defensively with Rexxar. He has zero escape potential and might be the easiest character in the game to gank when overextended. If someone tries to go in on him, throw the bird and run away.
  • Use Misha as a harassment tool. If the enemy engages on her at all, use her stun to reposition her behind them and throw some axes if you can.
  • When Misha is at 70%, heal her. Back off with Misha when she gets to about 40%.
  • Pop Angerey Bear to get boss, secure kills, or during a teamfight. Do not take Boar Ult.

How to Build:
  • Easy Prey on maps where you can solo bosses, Flare otherwise.
  • Animal Husbandry. Avoid Rexxar Death at all costs once you have this - it's the primary reason that Rexxar can remain viable in the late-game.
  • Aspect of the Beast. More stuns more better.
  • Bestial Wrath. Combined with the damage output of Bestial Wrath making Misha actually threatening and the stun spam from Aspect of the Beast, Misha becomes something that the enemy team has to deal with.
  • Dire Beast. Burst damage good, especially when tied to a spammable stun.
  • Your Choice. All are good situationally. If you're never getting focused and you like getting kills, take Thrill of the Hunt. If you're up against a heavy Physical team, take Primal Intimidation. If the enemy team has a lot of dive and/or correctly identified that your 1k bonus health from Animal Husbandry means kneecapping you is priority number 1, take Feign Death.
  • Your Choice. Spirit Bond owns if the enemy team can't/won't stop Misha or if teamfights are long, drawn-out affairs. Frenzy of Kalimdor is good for if your primary purpose is bogging people down in teamfights so they can't do anything useful. Hardened Skin is 75 Armor and is handy for all of the reasons why you would think it would be.

This is all correct. Recently the buff to the level 7 Q talent that increases slow amount and duration has made me try it out and I really like it. Aspect is good but you won't get much value out of it if the enemy team is focusing your bear. If you take the Q talent you switch from needing to brawl to doing your W->Q combo and pulling the bear back and it makes the target barely unable to move for almost 5 seconds.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Rexxar was amazing when 100% of his power was in the bear, then they reworked him so it was 50/50 and then he was sort of middling, now I suspect he'll be worse as more of his power shifts to his fragile tether.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Moola posted:

this game was much better like 3 years ago

ftfy, kill all overwatch heroes

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Next patch released Genji and Hanamura

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

nah he was a big baby bitch and always has been.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Grimdude posted:

Medivh can go gently caress himself through his own portals. What a dumb hero that's only counter strategy is hoping the Medivh player is bad. Or I guess his teammates could also be bad enough to make him lose. And this is a GM complaint I've heard too, there really isn't counter play to him. I pretty much never see games where he loses other than sheer buffoonery.

diablo

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

"We're pleased to announce that we're bringing to the nexus....DEATHWING"

*camera pans to audience of empty chairs*

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

it has to be some sort of code but ive tried to decipher it every time i see it and i come up empty.

kloctus
sanpytrin
thu kulitus

what could they mean???

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The real counter to deathwing is malganis's health swap ult

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

you know what hero is really loving cancerous and definitely did NOT need a rework?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

We will not get a new map. Lol, when was the last hero?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

too much cc on a single hero

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Froghammer posted:

It's Johanna level CC, her damage is going to be garbage and she'll be entirely dependent on allies to capitalize on the killzones she'll set up

its way more than johanna level cc.

she has a knockback on her E-dash thing.
she has an AOE slow on her W, that turns into an AOE stun at the end.
her Q is a ranged targed AOE slow and blind.
both her ults are a ridiculous amount of CC, one is an AOE stasis / knock back, the other is an enormous AOE stasis AND gigantic physical terrain blocker.

she better be artanis levels of fragile to make up for this kit but the fact that they classify her as a tank makes me think she won't be

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

is that a real picture? i have a hard time believing blizzard would put a non-barbie-doll figure in one of their games.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean didn't WoW Hogger just autoattack people to death?

so did Butcher

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

look at this poster throwing around tool like they aint one too.

define significant, where are you getting your numbers from? do you even have any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

of the 5 qm games i played tonight, 4 were me and 4 randos vs full 5 stacks. and a different 5 stack each time too.

this game sucks, blizzard sucks, uninstall and dont give blizzard your money.