Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Blizzard has infinite resources and some of the most talented people working for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

The Mantis posted:

Any tryhard EU players out there? Looking to play more regularly.

Let's run a train TL tomorrow starting around 5pm GMT

A few goons in the discord play draft and unranked draft.

https://discord.gg/CawrN

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I really need to forgot everything I learned and memorised from DOTA 2 so I can learn these heroes instead.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Pfft scrubs just buy wards and dust. :viggo:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Hey I thought you were supposed to stop getting quests for playing against A.I. once you got to a certain level in your profile. Is this just the games way of telling me I am trash and belong in A.I. games?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I just had my first ever hero league placement match..... I don't know why I'm surprised by the toxicity. Each match should just have a notification pop up saying "We are about to match you up with people who have poor social skills, GL HF".

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Oh... wow... umm... wow... just... wooww.... I'm gonna need a minute....

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Can we not have the stealth/shimmer debate again? Please and thank you.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Some of you guys sound like sadists.

Do

Not

Play

With

tcjimbo!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
:spooky: :spooky: :spooky:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Dick Burglar posted:

Sombra is Mexican.

What's the difference?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I need advice on how to play Malthael.... In general. I get he is a tank buster but I feel he needs to level up first before being remotely useful and is only good in a 1v1 situation. Team fights and trying to control an objectives are never in my favour.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
So am I right to guess that we'll be seeing a kaiju vs mecha heroes in Neo-Stormwind event coming soon?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Nice

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
'Sorry for messing up the match making, have a goodie bag.'

https://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21502251

quote:

AN UPDATE ON THE CURRENT RANKED SEASON
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT 06/02/2018 2
Last December, we released several hotfixes to address bugs that were affecting matchmaking and placement matches near the start of the latest ranked Season. The issues stemmed from a combination of incorrect player seeding and overly-aggressive MMR adjustments. More recently, a number of highly-ranked players reported that they were consistently receiving negative personal rank adjustments at the end of their matches. We’ve investigated and identified the cause, and have already begun to address it.

We realize these issues made ranked play a frustrating and chaotic experience for many, and while the situation has now been addressed, it took far longer than it should have—and it frankly should not have happened to begin with. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We also apologize for our radio silence over the past few weeks. We wanted to take the time to properly assess the system so we could be sure we had addressed those matchmaking bugs appropriately before commenting further on the topic. That said, we also understand how frustrating the apparent lack of new information has been to our players.

The quality and integrity of Heroes of the Storm’s ranked experience is hugely important to us, and we’ve added additional measures and safeguards to prevent these issues from occurring in the future. We’ve also been closely monitoring ranked matchmaking and believe it has returned to a stable state.

A Token of Our Gratitude
As a small token of our appreciation for bearing with us through these challenges, we’re going to grant a free Legendary Loot Chest to players who completed any ranked matches in Hero or Team League between the start of the current season and January 31, 2018. We don’t have an exact date to share just yet, but you should receive your Legendary Loot Chest within the next few days.

On Performance-Based Matchmaking
As a side note, we still plan to re-introduce Performance-Based Matchmaking (PBM) in a future season as part of our continued quest to better reflect and recognize player skill. We made many big changes to the metagame with the 2018 Gameplay Update, and since the system learns from live data, we wanted the meta to solidify a little more before re-enabling PBM. We’re now seeing a fair amount of stability, and the system has been gathering solid information. We’ll have more details to share about the return of Performance-Based Matchmaking soon. In the meantime, we will continue to keep watch over the matchmaking system to ensure the rest of the season is fun and fair for everyone.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding, and we’ll see you in Nexus!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel deeply ashamed of myself for purchasing the Enforcer bundle.

The prices they put these digital skins at is very over priced. Maybe I'm just a Scrooge.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Shut up Meg

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
^^^^^
This! A thousand times, this!

I pick Deckard, and team mates start to blame me for their own misgivings. I didn't tell you to dive in 4 v 1 with no meat, butcher but sure; I'm the noob, whatever.

I'm dropping potions in the lane so they can disengage, I'm landing all my cubes and triangles successfully. I think people just assume Deck is just another Lili or Morales.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Lovin' that camera work of idly floating around the empty studio. WWHHOOOOoooo

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I watched the HGC stream last night. Well, I had it on mute and watched Voltron but I did get a loot box.

That's my HotS story.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

lucifirius posted:

Blizzcon "leaks"

:zenpop:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

I love that Chromie continues to clap when everyone else realizes their impending doom.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Oh yes! I am all about Care Bears/Rainbow Brite parody's!

Give me that faux child hood nostalgia, just like the Toy Story, Lots-o Huggin'' bear commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dZtNYGlLM

栄光の日本版を忘れることはありません
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZwkcHCVkE

Colour me interested!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I came from DOTA to HotS and now I've installed LoL. I've gone for the holy loving trinity.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Guys, guys..... They're all terrible, okay.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Well colour me surprised.

Anduin lights his way into Smash HoTS.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Having a multi-class sounds great on paper but from what we've experienced initially with Varian, it didn't really pan out. Not because of the play style itself, but the players picking Varian gave no regard to choosing the appropriate class for the situation the team were in.

"We need a tank!" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We need someone to soak damage" *Varian goes twin blade*

"We have 4 assassin heroes, so why don't y--" *Varian goes twin blade*

I love the idea of switching classes on the fly, almost like Greymane. However, I don't have enough faith to think the regular player has the common sense to swap at the appropriate time (Just like I've seen with Greymane).
If Anduin is going to be multi-class then I think he should have that option at level 10.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
It almost feels like the designers didn't like the idea of the current Horde War-chief was just a non-participating lane pusher. like they changed her for the sake of changing her without much of an idea what they wanted her kit to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
You get a buff!

And you get a buff!

And you!

And you!

And EVERYONE!