Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kith posted:

It's primarily a QoL change. From what I've heard, the team was unhappy with how Vile Gas was activated - they felt it was too much of a pain to micro-manage waves into damaging you, and they didn't like that it activated on damage instead of being something that the player themselves chose to use. Now you can choose when and where to deploy the trait's damage output, which IMO is a much better system than the previous setup.

This seems to be on point similar to how they made raynors W activatable rather than at a damage threshold. Generally seems like they want control to be in the players hand vs. Hoping the enemy activates your skills for you. Now if they just apply that to tyraels passive...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

The issue is when the slightest mistake leads to an irreversible loss overall. That's when it becomes absolutely terrible. Because an entire team can be punished for one slip up in one encounter, and now it is nearly impossible to ever come back.

I've had almost the exact opposite issue in my experience. The most infuriating thing is winning objectives and teamfights all game, then picking a bad engage at level 20 and the enemy team just walks up to the core and ends it.

I never really feel irreversibly behind if I lose an objective or a fight, unless it leads to a 2+ level disadvantage. But that's a sign we were outmatched anyway