Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

Did they nerf Li-Ming at all? She feels less strong now.

She hasn't been touched in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gustav posted:

I don't mind getting BHB in QM. It's as good as any other map as long as no one cares about winning and just teamfight 24/7 for no reason anyway. I'm guessing people who don't see a problem with the map probably only play QM (?)

I only play TL and I have no problem with Blackheart's Bay. It's nice to have a map that largely consists of running around collecting coins and occasionally fighting over turn-in or a chest, it's a nice relaxing break from the more frantic maps.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
FYI for everyone, you can redeem one megabundle in each region, so it's worth logging on to NA/EU (whichever isn't your main region) to get 20 free heroes in case you ever want to play with a friend in another region.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

So what's the general "not be a bad player" strategy for Stealth characters?

Hang with the group and pick off people out of place?

Scout around your team/the objective/important areas of the map a lot so your team has the information advantage.

Don't hang back like a muppet in teamfights (or try to roam when a fight is coming up): try to attack the squishies/wounded in the middle of the battle if you can, but actively fight - you contribute nothing if you're just standing around waiting for enemies to drop low enough that you can gank them, but you're still helping if you Snipe the enemy tank on cooldown because it was the only target you're in position to hit.

Don't try to go for a sick gank far away from your team and then get killed because you didn't know where the enemy is, your gank target wasn't actually isolated, and the enemy team collapsed on you.

Zeratul and to a lesser extent Valeera have decent waveclear, so don't be afraid to lane with them inbetween objectives/fights if there's no obvious thing you need to scout.

Basically, play your hero as if you were a non-stealth hero who also has the ability to scout the enemy team/objective relatively consequence-free, rather than playing like you have 1HP and if the enemy ever sees you you'll spontaneously explode.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bolivar posted:

Hi, Overwatch dude peeking in. How many heroes do people usually have if they have played the game like 100, 200, 500 hours and not spent any real money? And how long did it take last year to get that 20-something heroes that you now get by installing the game and doing a few matches?

You get maybe 400 gold a day (on average) through quests, and about 100 per hour of solid playing, so you can get 500-600 per day for no real effort. The total value of each of the megabundles is easily 120-150k gold. Heroes go on sale weekly, but not for gold (only the real money price is half off).

I've been playing since beta started and have 90% of the roster, but I've probably bought a third of it for real money during sales.

Mind you, that's like $70 spent over two years so it's not exactly a lot, and you can do the same thing without spending anything, it'll just be slower. It's a lot faster now that you get half the roster for free, too.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 28, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Avalerion posted:

Yea both qm and hero league should stay. Don't see much point to unranked draft though since that's just like hero draft without the rewards. So that's what I'd change to something between the two.

You can play unranked with four people.

Unranked should be literally identical to TL except without rank points and with the ability to play it with a party of four.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

1stGear posted:

Thrall just isn't very good any more huh

He's still perfectly good, though?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 28, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Bruisers are a type of warrior, neither Thrall nor Ragnaros are bruisers. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poultron posted:

I do love me some bruisers but I feel like I can't hit Art's triangle at all.

It's one of those things where it's like, 50% of the reason you pick him, so it's worth just going into AI games to practise landing it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Samara posted:

When does D Va skin week start?

Tuesday is the day sales/events/etc. rotate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be fair they are re-working Morales next, no idea if they are changing how the beam works or not though.

Ugh, really? I hope all they're doing is baking Caduceus 2.0 into her trait somehow, because she's completely fine the way she is.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

The grenade passthrough change was great, but she is still pretty non interactive to play. Can't imagine how they would address that or improve her in any way without fundamentally changing her kit, though.

She's not, though, because you're constantly moving your heal beam from teammate to teammate and dropping Safeguards on people.

I mean it's not super complex but she's a support.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The best skin in the entire game is the Sonya one that turns her into Cable from X-Men

It's half Cable, half Spiral, and it owns.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

Played a couple of games with some kind goons yesterday, had a lot of fun. It felt a little awkward having to last-pick when I know nothing about drafting, and because of a very limited hero pool it's hard for those I'm playing with to offer suggestions. I'm not sure how much I contributed, but at least it didn't feel like I made a huge fool of myself.

You did pretty fine! As a tip, since you have a limited pool of heroes, it's worth telling people in party who you have so we can build around that. Otherwise everyone will just play what they want to play, assuming you own 99% of the roster like everyone else. :v:

Re: telling whether you're winning a fight or not, some of it boils down to knowing hero mechanics (e.g. a Stim Droned Zul'jin who has Taz'dingo in reserve means "run away"), but mostly it's just about looking at life bars. If your team is down one or more heroes compared to the other team and you're not in a situation where they're all on 30% HP and you're all on 80%, it's going to be very difficult to win the fight, and you're better off just getting out and letting them take the objective than going in one by one to die.

Avalerion posted:

Hope vs ai games as quests is just a one time thing... alternatively you can't delete a quest you don't want to do, or?

You can't delete quests, but you only get vs. AI quests below a certain (fairly low) profile level, IIRC. Once you've got a few hero levels, the game will stop giving them to you.

If you're stuck with a bunch of vs. AI quests the easiest way to finish them is to pick Sylvanas, play with AI teammates, and get all the bots to follow you and push down a lane. If you have someone with you who can pick Hammer, it goes even faster.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 3, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
With Ragnaros sort of being a Firelord even though there's minimal ability overlap, we're down to four hero types from WC3 that aren't in HotS yet, and those are troll shadow hunter (support, Vol'jin), night elf warden (assassin, Maiev), naga sea witch (assassin, probably Vashj as pointed out to me by Kyle) and goblin alchemist (support, no idea).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bamhand posted:

Missing Dreadlord and Pitlord off the top of my head. Kel'Thuzad.

Gul'dan is sort of bits of both smashed together, but yeah, Kel'Thuzad could be the other bits.

Also they could easily make something different out of the warden kit for Maiev.

e; vv

Paranoid Peanut posted:

We need a priest with shadow form as a trait... multiclass support/assassin.

Yeah, that would be a good way of doing a Priest hero.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 3, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I still want a Barrens map where the objective is to find Mankrik's wife, but the location isn't indicated on the map so you have to split up and search.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Only if Barrens chat is somehow integrated into the map as well.

Everyone gets to type WHERS MANKRIKS WIEF in chat whenever the objective comes up, so you get a good simulated experience.

Also if anyone EU wants a RAF code, feel free to use mine and give me free stuff: https://battle.net/recruit/QKF89RFDF2

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

So it's pretty common for Unranked Draft teams to go tankless or healerless or both, huh? I'm not going to get mad, people can play what they want. But I think in all the UD I've played today my side has had both twice. (I'm often one or the other.)

It really isn't.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Right now if I want to learn a less caster-y assassin do I want to learn Greymane or Valla? I feel like wading back into QM with at least one of them for a while tonight before I get back to ranked.

They're both good and play completely different, learn them both.

Also don't play QM.

e; for real, Greymane is squishy but he's real versatile and unless you've got a sustain healer against a burst team, I don't think there's a comp he doesn't fit in. He's got both solid AA and ability damage, two very good ults with one anti-squishy and one anti-tank, and the ability to play at range if he needs to harass safely or stand in close quarters if the team has the heals/protection to back it up. He's good.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 4, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What are some characters that let you single-handedly save your dumb pubbie team from wiping when played in ranked, so I can rescue my MMR from the abyss? My gut feeling is Jo/Malf/Thrall/Sylv/Ragnaros/Azmo/Zarya and maybe Uther?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

By the way, I can't log into the EU servers. Anyone else have this?

Battle.net client says there are issues with the login servers right now.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Is Berserker rage or Leap the better one? I usually take rage because its cool to yell real loud and then hit people harder.

Rage is the better ult 80% of the time, but Leap can be really good as a long-range stun in a comp built around it.

BrianBoitano posted:

Tassadar
R2: "Force Wall" - 8 second cooldown - Create a wall that blocks all allies from diving in 3v5 for 2 seconds.

Stitches
1: "Helping Hand" - 8 second cooldown when hitting allies - Pull the first ally hit towards Stitches, and away from THE GODDAMN OBVIOUSLY ROTATING ENEMY TEAM

Good points. :v:

Also good points on all the other answers.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 4, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Well now I'm just confused. When IS Rain of Destruction worth taking over Horrify? What are these edge cases?

Never and there aren't any, is the point.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

are you on a pro team or queueing with 4 other grandmasters? horrify is a safe pick

else? rod.

This is still hilariously wrong.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I'd be more inclined to play her if she had some better skins.

Her master skin and the pirate one own and you're wrong.

Cassia's real fun but yeah, only take her against a team with at least one heavy AA damage dealer, and try to take her alongside another source of blinds.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Anybody win on offense on the brawl

Lost once on defence, won once on defence, won once on offence.

Biggest factor in whether you get stomped or win is which loving heroes are offered to each team, so it feels way more unbalanced than it is.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poultron posted:

They are definitely not traps, but it really depends on the individual talent and sometimes the game. I used to loving love Regen Master on any hero that could take it but they pretty much removed it for most people now. On some maps it's a lot worse than others because there's less health globes going around (like Braxis Holdout, IMO)

Braxis is one of the easiest and fastest maps to complete globe quests on because you can just run between lanes for two free globes every 45s on top of what you get from camps and creep waves.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Keegers posted:

Heroes of the storm 2.0: now with more toxicity

The number of players who are bad, feed a bunch, then proceed to cry and throw the rest of the game because the enemy team had an early advantage as a result of their feeding has massively increased with 2.0. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dairy Power posted:

Yeah, I just worry that people will tilt because hotslog stats lol. I haven't really given him a chance since I've been back because of that. I'll play a few games with him and see how it goes.

He's at 50% winrate like basically everyone else except Medivh, so you'd have to be the biggest baby ever to complain about his stats. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Metal Meltdown posted:

That's the thing about Kharazim, his healing talents are kinda underwhelming.

They should really revert the nerf to Echo of Heaven. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wolfy posted:

I finally decided to play hero league and placed gold 3. This seems like a vast overestimation of my skill.

IIRC Gold 3 is exactly average, so you're fine!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

myron cope posted:

I've only played against bots so far (except for brawls), I'm scared to play with real people because I have no idea how most of the game works. I got Uther to 5 but I wouldn't say I'm good even with him. Should I just play qm and ignore chat?

Play unranked with goons, instead.

If no goons are available, play unranked and ignore chat, but only after draft.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:laffo: wow, that's one terrible ad.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

Hit me with your hot Uther rework builds and the HOTSest strategies you got.

Wave of Light > Holy Shock > Guardian of Ancient Kings or Hand of Protection > flex pick > flex pick > Beacon of Light > Redemption.

Holy Shock + Beacon of Light makes you hilariously survivable. At 7, pick Guardian if the enemy has lots of weak CC that won't just get you deleted, or Hand of Protection if they have strong single-target CC and Cleanse would let you save a teammate.

Shield and Storm are both great ults. You probably want Shield 95% of the time just because it lets you save teammates from death during a rout, prevent a bad initiate from turning into a 4v5, or even keep your DPS alive if they're tearing through the enemy back line. Storm can make insane plays on some of the more chokepoint-y maps like Cursed Hollow.

All three 13 options are solid. Choose Spell Armour if facing a comp with lots of ability damage, choose Blessed Champion if you're fighting a comp where you can afford to wade in and hit things, or else default to Well Met. Blessed Champion scales off all healing done by Holy Light, including self-healing, so be careful what you hit with Holy Light - your AAs will heal for more if you heal an ally for the full amount than if you just topped said friend up, or used Holy Shock on an enemy. Beacon of Light affects this as well. At level 20, if you heal an ally for the full heal and Beacon of Light procs, you can be healing everyone nearby for 300-350 per auto-attack.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I thought D.Va was supposed to be a tank??? :argh:

It would be nice if they stopped making all the warriors bruisers. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I'm pretty sure she's a tank.

She has no CC and Blizzard themselves describe her as a bruiser.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 8, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

beejay posted:

Alarak was good before this? Hmm.

He's always been good, he's just hard to play effectively.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like Wave of Light doesn't really do enough to be worth it.

It's 50% more duration on his trait.

Primetime posted:

My favorite example of this is Tassadar's auto attack talent at level 1. When you complete the quest your range goes up by "1". One what?

Press C ingame. It lists your AA range, so you can figure out what +1 to your range means.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 9, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spudd posted:

Spoilers, this is what will happen when they release Fenix. He will be a multiclass character I cannot see them releasing Zealot/Dragoon Fenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chH9T4HwFk4

Just because he can switch forms doesn't mean he has to be multiclass; in fact, it probably means the opposite, because making a hero who can swap between assassin and tank at will wouldn't make sense.

The simplest and most sensible way to build him would be to make him a Warrior who swaps between a tank Praetor form (which has a charge like Diablo or D.Va, some kind of channelled AoE or damage aura like Sonya/Dehaka, and a shield that is either like Anub'arak's or more interestingly, gives him armour for the duration) and a bruiser Dragoon form which trades the survivability of the Praetor form for a damage skillshot, an AoE damage/slow, and something else on his E (maybe a buff that gives it movespeed). The third form can be one of his two ults, as a temporary powerup.

On that same note, they could fix Varian trivially by reducing his Fury and Arms damage to a level more in line with his Protection damage, baking the extra HP from Taunt in baseline (with Taunt still giving you extra armour), and reclassifying him as a tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dietrich posted:

No easy way to do that. The @here and @everyone permissions are one in the same. If they split it out I'll lock down the @everyone and only use it for announcements. For now you can disable getting notified on that for the HOTS GOONS server.

That's not really a problem when people can just ping @eu or whatever instead of @here, though.