Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I've been playing for 5 (or is it 6?) years and did not know Steve Blum voices Rexxar, it makes sense now but I'm honestly surprised it wasn't Metzen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I basically only lurk around here but catching up with the thread and I can't anymore with all this Garrosh disrespect :frogout:

Also, I haven't really followed the PTR news, there's a long maintenance going right now, has there been word if we're seeing the Live patch today?

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

A Pit Lord is looooong overdue, it could fit as a bruiser with a kit from its WC3 abilities.

Maybe even as a tank, they made Mei work as one successfully even if her kit is a bit too strong imo (blind, slows, stuns, escape).

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

So, anyone else getting boosts very frequently, but not actually activating, from the Sun's Out crates?

I've got at least 7 days worth of boosts out of 4 crates but my status thing say it's only 3 days.

Not that it is a big deal, personally, but thought it was weird.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I love to take screens of the ones that crack me up to share with some non-HoTS friends, coincidentally, a couple days ago I was playing with someone named "YupShesDead" haha

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Toshimo posted:

I'm still looking for a way to turn off the auto-suggest to join team voice in ARAM because at least a couple times a week I accidentally click it while trying to select a character since it pops up right over the character portrait.

uSeR InTeRfAcE iS My pAsSiOn

I haven't had that pop-up show up for the longest time, pretty sure unchecking these under Voice Chat tab does it.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

One of my first matches with nuStitches, I was building for Devour regen, Tenderizer, Putrid Vile and managed to also be top hero damage (pretty sure we had a Valla in our team) and around 60% self-healing compared to our support, it was wild.

I like to focus on being an annoying giant pile of meat between the enemy team and mine and don't stress about perfect long range hooks, and while I haven't played more with the other talents this rework and having Shambling Horror on his trait feels pretty good overall.

I've played a few Valla games as Multishot build and she's super strong not in a broken way, the only talent I have a complaint would be her level 20 Strafe talent, as a mostly melee/bruiser player, playing late game against it without any reliable form of CC on your team it is the worst haha

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Small patch today, some talent shuffling for a some tank/bruisers, a few healers and assassins.

Some Stitches numbers adjusted but didn't seem major nerfs, Valla Multishot scaling toned down.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/23685039/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-patch-notes-june-15-2021#general

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Grave Centipede posted:

Towers of Doom

Disclaimer: I am an eternal QM scrublord, so my opinion of things might be bad.

I've never put much thought on which maps are my favorites but if there's one to which I have an immense disliking is Blackheart's Bay.

Because it takes one or two players to constantly farm coins and NEVER interact with the other 2 deathballs to win/lose a match.

And as is tradition in QM, there is always one team that wants to fight non-stop OR everybody in the team wants to farm coins which ends up being a disaster when they get ganked one by one and giving the other team free coins!

I hate the map, I have no idea why it's been in the QM pool for so long after being removed from the ranked ladder for like, what, 4 years?

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I just noticed Stukov has been disabled but no idea why, I think someone mentioned the last patch had several nerfs?

I've been playing this dead game for the longest time and I cant remember them disabling a hero ever, maybe Zarya?

I think she got a few hotfixes shortly after release but I wasn't that active at the time to remember that well.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

There's sharks in Sky Temple too!

In the aqueducts above the top lane, every now and then a swimmer pops up and it is being chased then eaten by a shark.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Random vent: I HATE playing against Falstad's W build as melee...retreat, nope!..punish him and dive him, nope!

I started playing again and I hate that I love this dead game, might even finish my ranked quest for the mount haha.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I think Naz is my highest level / most played hero because he's my Zen hero when losing streaks super tilt me and I need to just chill, push lanes for days and get satisfying ding stacks.

Samuro is probably my second Zen / most played hero, mainly because he's a no-fun-jerk, his playstyle reminds me a lot to rat Dota, like if Antimage or Juggernaut had access to Manta at level 1 and you can punish most HoTS players with mindless guerilla pushing strats, especially teams stacked with no wave clear.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I swear it feels like I've been on the red side more times than blue.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I got sucked back into this again after few months, mostly ARAMs like everyone else, still my favorite MOBA since Dota but I'm gonna drop an unpopular opinion:

Same Hero ARAMs suck, like really really bad, they devolve into unfun slogs that last 35 minute or more! (All Murky uuuughh)

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Kith posted:

"Crazy Mode" should be much rarer than it is. It's currently a 5% chance, that poo poo should be a 1% chance.

I should disclaim that I played a ridiculous amount of matches last week so I was going to hit the Crazy Mode jackpot at some point but I was just reaaally salty because on Saturday I got 3 out of 5 games in one evening hehe

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Holy crap, 8 years late but TIL that Kharazim's Air Ally doesn't reveal Zag's creep?!

I think he's one of my most played supports in Quickmatch but tonight I was trying to shutdown Zag's shenanigans on the side lanes in ARAM, so I thought I'd pick Air since we had a second healer on the team but I was left dumbfounded with this talent, it already feels pretty weak with its limited area :psyduck:

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Kith posted:

Quite a few Bug Fixes that are nerfs and buffs. Enormous Dehaka buff in particular.

I'm still super salty for the Samuro "bug fix" that disabled image transmission after tp, to this day I still have the reflex action when laning for ez heal :smith:

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Patch is now live and my favorite funny thing about it is that they bumped the difficulty tag of basically all heroes (just browsing real quick through the notes) from Easy/Medium to Hard.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Of course the time I finally clear my Leaver status the next game I get is all same hero ARAM :argh:

I dare say that 80% of the times I leave a match is because of this, even bad QM games I tend to endure through because one single mistake from the enemy team can be decisive comeback, ARAM same hero on the other hand got old years ago.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Another PTR!

Lili, Medivh and Nova buffs, along with more bug fixes, one step closer to the HoTS2 announcement.

Li Li

Jug of 1,000 Cups healing increased from 66 to 80.

Medivh

Mage Armor duration increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
Mage Armor increased from 30 to 50 Armor.

Nova

Advanced Cloaking bonus mana regen increased from 3 to 6.
Anti-Armor Shells duration increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/24056177/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-january-17-2024

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

^ This

I'm guessing they're trying to make it like Dota (and LoL?) as an indicator of how much you're "feeding" the enemy team.

Although I don't think there's a mechanic in HoTS that increases your hero value depending on how much gold you're carrying / if you're on a killing streak but I might be wrong though!

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I'm on the same boat, I enjoy both Warhead Junction and Towers of Doom but abhor Blackheart's Bay because in my experience it's always two scenarios:

a) nobody in my team collects and/or protects the coins while at the same time failing to win team fights.

b) EVERYBODY want to collect coins but have no sense of preservation, positioning, so it becomes a constant stream of coins and XP for the other team

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Remember when healing fountains weren't invulnerable?

Man, that change took them so drat long!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Since it's tangential and one of the other MOBAs that I've played that isn't Dota2, Gigantic is being re-released on April 9th ($19.99)

For those not familiar with it, it's similar to Smite (third person perspective) with jungle camps, lanes, creeps, etc, it was a decent if short lived entry into the genre, you can signup for the closed beta on their Steam page

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1924490/Gigantic_Rampage_Edition/