Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
LOL at that guy who said Garrosh is a characterless Orc, he was easily the best antagonist WoW ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

No Wave posted:

Sylvanas and Jaina were so extremely likable in wc3 that I don't think you could turn people against the characters. People would just get annoyed at the writers instead.

I'm not annoyed at the writers at all for Jaina's turn, it felt really natural to me after the poo poo sandwich she was served. She had watched two men she had respected and cared for end up doing incredible damage to the people, one through corruption and another through gross negligence.

And Sylvanas has always been self-serving. If anything, her stepping up for the genuine good of the Horde is an unexpected development.

WoW has a lot of terribly written characters but I don't think those two or Garrosh would go on a "badly written characters" list

Radish posted:

Thrall has always been lovely though.

Thrall was fine up until WoW, where he just made bad decision after bad decision, culminating in naming Garrosh "Hates the Alliance" Hellscream to Warchief when Zul'Jin and Cairne were both much better, more even choices.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 21, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

No Wave posted:

Same. We'll see what happens. I am so sick of opening upper summer dupes either way so I don't really care (and I already won once anyways)

What are some of the notable legendary skins beyond Azmodunk? I'm not interested in queen of ghosts because I already have cheerleader, and I already have space lord leoric and bucc falstad.

The transformer Tassadar is fantastic, sometimes he yells "Apocalypse... CANCELLED" on a kill

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

exquisite tea posted:

Deathwing makes all the elements go crazy in Cataclysm so Thrall leaves the Horde to keep the world from tearing itself apart with earth magic or something and decides what he really needed in life was a son.

oh boyyyyy I totally forgot all about that awful "romance"

GOEL

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Gustav posted:

Eh, Nova is decent. Not great, but certainly not as bad as some toxic jackass throwing a tantrum because his team doesn't pick what he tells them to.

Nah she is garbage, she can't hold objectives, can't really lane, and can't even win most straight 1v1s.

She was a lot better back when you could snipe build her and pop casters open in a Snipe

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Gustav posted:

She's not a good choice for a solo laner, that is correct. Fortunately you only really need one of those on a team.

The ability to clear waves isn't just a "solo laner" thing, it's useful at different junctures in the game.

Nova does nothing well.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BrianBoitano posted:

You... you can still snipe build her. They just buffed that build. What are you on about :psyduck:

She is like TLV. If your team doesn't know how to play with her, she's going to be a liability. If her pilot is bad, it's worse than a bad Illidan. Still, she has her place.

Anyone who believes she can't help with objectives has never played with a true Scotsman Nova

Her Snipe build was more meaningful when people played low HP casters more. Average HP on heroes people play has gone up

What exactly does Nova do well?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BrianBoitano posted:

Kill people

Stall channeled objectives

End split-pushing as a strategy

Force enemy team to change positioning

Provide vision

These are all things literally any hero can do and LOL at end split pushing. Several split pushers can 1v1 her

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BrianBoitano posted:

oh gently caress I forgot all heroes can kill heroes my bad

mods, give me an "owned" red text please thanks

:qq:

Sorry you're wrong about Nova dude, it's alright

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Gustav posted:

Just for context, we are still arguing whether Nova is so hilariously bad that you basically have to grief your own teammate just to make sure he can't play her, yes?

Nah I am just arguing she's a bad pick in most situations

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I've never seen anyone look at what the other team is rocking and say "hmm, Nova seems like a good matchup", it's always a slam pick no matter what they have or what pick number you're on.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BrianBoitano posted:

And then there are heroes that have cheesy pubstomping strategies, but which also get high-level, requires-decent-strategy-play, like Azmo.

Every now and then, I get someone at my level (low Plat) that thinks the "AFK splitpush laser Azmodan" strategy will work, sneaking through the jungle to snipe a keep. It usually does a lot of damage, and it's sometimes pulling teeth to get my team to respond with me, but I haven't lost to it in a long time.

In fairness, that poo poo actually worked on pre-change Hanamura, you could literally feed on Azmo and as long as you took forts you'd win

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Approached from a different angle, have you ever had someone on your team pick Nova and not wished they had picked someone else?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Cuntellectual posted:

Overwatch sucks and it's characters are boring. Most of those dudes are from when Blizzard was cool and good.

That's a Hellbat. :colbert:

I wonder if it's going to be giant dragon Alexstrasza or elf stripper Alexstrasza.

it'd be elf stripper who turns into dragon as ult i bet

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

lucifirius posted:

Yeah I fully expect Garrosh to have an ultimate be his hulking out on Y'Shaarj.

One Y'sharj ult that biffs him and one that has Iron Stars roll past him plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I used to really enjoy Tychus and then they reworked him and now I don't like him and I can't place why.

Also I bought the Infested skin for him a long long long time ago so I don't need the speedo skins. I feel more stupid because I have like literally 50 mounts plus and am still considering crafting a surfboard