Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
finally, I can spam Illidan FOREVER and get loot boxes for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Dietrich posted:

So they did a very good job of making HOTS genji just like Overwatch genji.

The first genji I played with last night went way too far forward, died, and then spammed "GG" and "no heals" in chat. Genji is truly like his Overwatch self.

(then me and my two goon friends carried him and he got MVP. RIP.)

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hi, I'm stuck in Plat 1 hell after nearly getting master. I can't seem to win any games no matter how hard I try. Players who are diamond, how did you break through?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Macaluso posted:

I don't want to play Braxxis Holdout anymore Blizz

:same:

I actually liked Hanamura a lot. It's a really crazy map with a completely different flow of action than most maps.

I hate Braxis so much. It's such a horrible map.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
HOTS seriously needs a tutorial about moving and a team and learning to count. Would make the player base so much better :v:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I really like Hanamura for disrupting the normal flow of a game. It rewards good communication and resource allocation. I'm really interested to see if a pro game goes on it (I haven't seen one yet). HOTS is at its best (imo) when Blizzard is really changing core assumptions.

I will agree it could use a little bit of streamlining. There's a lot going on in the map and cutting a few things might help it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Bunnyhop :dva:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Mind over Matter posted:

Snipe Master stacks no longer lost from hitting non-heroes. Interesting.

As someone who unapologetically goes full snipe nova build this makes me so happy :v:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It's worth noting that D.VA's mech gives half XP if killed. Can't wait for pubbie DVA players to not realize this and feed relentlessly thinking it gives no XP :v:

Also Illidan got a slight buff. Makes me pleased :toot:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Valeera: "Huh. Well, I suppose four out of five will have to do."

D.VA: "Oh great. Looks like we've got a carry."

haha I'm dying

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Stealing a couple ideas from LoL:

Reverse Rexxar: Rexxar wears a bear suit and Misha wears a tie and suit jacket (you could do Rexxar's garb, though I think it'd be funnier if it was full cover)

Definitely not Ragnaros: Ragnaros, but with the classic fake nose and glasses and a barrel around him.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Every time you die, spam pings on the nearest friendly hero (even if they are a lane over)

Especially if they are a lane over. Excuse me, what could possibly be so important that you are not fighting the enemy bad guys with me, the carry, right now!!!!!

Also I am a triple-pinger if I think something is super important to tell my team. I also try to be nice and ping "I'm coming pings" too, so I'm probably like a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10 of ping monsters.

I appreciate triple pings as well from my team, since I sometimes miss it.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 25, 2017

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kashuno posted:

It's not about free poo poo it's more that it's just..boring?

It's much better than the overwatch event imo

This is low-key but nice.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Radish posted:

Why did they even get rid of the sappers? Was just laning and ignoring the objectives that much of a problem? What's the point of the bases now?

Yeah, the sapper removal was weird. It was a cool alternate condition for winning if you had fallen far behind. Now there's even less of a reason to push bases unless you're super stomping. The payload experience change was really good though.

I was one of the folks who thought the games were a tad too short (they all almost ended by like level 16-17) - 9-10 health would've been my guess for what a better amount is.

I really like the map because it does change around how the game works fairly significantly, but I don't think Blizzard really knows what to do with the map.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I hate BHB with a passion. Same with Braxis, but I feel like my experience with Braxis is based more off bad games than the map itself.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm really wondering about this contest considering the lowest prize is 100k winners and I've played to enter every day the last two weeks and not won either drawing

I haven't won in two weeks either and I'm pretty sure I've won a game most days =(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Any tips on how to play Rehgar? I'm trying to brush up on my other supports since Malf got a bit nerfed. I just feel so utterly useless as him though- I can't heal fast enough with my Q, my R is effective sometimes but unlike Malf it doesn't feel like I can make the sick plays to change a game, so my team just flails around dying. How do I play him so he makes a difference?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

beejay posted:

All of the stealth heroes have the same size shimmer in stealth. Also Valeera can't really burst you from 100-0. Also how is your team getting destroyed 5v4 before Valeera shows up. What would you do differently if like Greymane flanked and jumped on you?

she can if you're pilot d.va :smith:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The new hero is you, the player

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I won 5 chests finally :toot:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Edit: never mind

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 22, 2017

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
team liquid is obliterating tempo storm, EU > NA rip NA

is double support still the ideal meta? It looks insanely strong based on this two game sample.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That last match on HGC was a great summary of warhead junction

also rip NA, so garbage

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I figure I'd try playing this game again and it's two literal ultra stomps into the ground by the enemy team, rip

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 30, 2019

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I see that the "quests that need wins" always turns into massive losing streaks hasn't changed for me :(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I forgot how annoying medivh is to play against

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hey I'm gonna try ranked

(wins 90% of the game, then team does a horrible engage and Falstad DCs)

nah never mind, just gonna make me hate the game

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 7, 2019