Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

All Tracers on Hanamura. Pulse bomb goes off instantly if it hits, and everyone has Total Recall.

e: Dying also does damage to the core and a few other stuff.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh god what did they do to LiLi

How does she have top damage on the team

Yes it's because everyone else is poo poo but still.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
When in doubt, it's better to join the big idiot ball than try to be a solo hero. A group of idiots will outperform one smart dude most of the time.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I think the pregame voice interactions are broken right now, I haven't heard any.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Pants Donkey posted:

At least one good thing about Hanamura is stealing buffs because the enemy team keeps forgetting that they're a thing.

I'm still debating whether or not to take fishy deal with murky there, it seems really good to snipe the solo dude camp and grab that team heal.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kai Tave posted:

Everybody got excited about Egg Hunt when the rework was new, is that actually not any good then?

People seem to have smartened up to it. It is useful for having LOS on places but probably not as much useful as the other two.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Take the owl talents and snipe people from the other side of the map by throwing an owl at them !

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I really like being a fat rear end in a top hat so I like playing tanks a lot so I got that bundle instead of the other ones

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Man, Genji can do some hilarious and stupid poo poo with deflect. For instance, it works on the gently caress you cannons on towers of doom!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If I recall correctly the blur is affected by graphical settings so some people have a have a harder time seeing it.

Sometimes you're playing a dude who doesn't have the ability to throw something at the stealth wobble

Val also has sometimes no stealth wobble blur at all with the unrevealable thing

If they're a bad stealthy they'll be in the middle of the open and have an easy to see wobble, good stealthies still try to sneak around from bushes and poo poo and that's harder to see them in. Like everything, there's a lot of really bad players who pick stealth heroes (on your team), and a handful of really loving scary good players who pick stealth heroes (on the red team).

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kai Tave posted:

Li-Ming vs. Chromie is a heck of a fight.

Mad jukes constantly, it's the best.

I'm happy with Heroes 2.0 because I got into one of these the other day and we started spinning in circles and dropping sprays and voice lines at each other in a mutual moment of silliness over the payload while the rest of our teams were loving about on the other payload.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Taste For Blood can get higher if you can manage to last-hit minions with the orb. But that requires team coordination and poo poo so it'll never happen.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Ciaphas posted:

I watched chu8 get up to 50 stacks on the Azmodan quest in 2:30 because a Samuro was in lane, it was pretty funny.

On one of those brawl maps where it's just everybody in a one lane clusterfuck, the other team had picked two Samuros (lol) and I picked Falstad and took the hit hero dudes with your hammer quest.

The hammer very quickly became ridiculous, it was great.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Shibawanko posted:

They should add Hogger.

Elwynn Forest map with Hogger boss / objective

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Bringing your dumb pubbie teammates out of the brink is going to result in them turning right around and dive right back into that abyss. You can only delay the inevitable.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The Murky video on that channel is incredibly helpful and informative by the way.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I just noticed Zeratul in the Braxis loading screen

He's hiding in the back, being useless

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kashuno posted:

On the topic of ults dragon blade still the bad ult namaste

The level 20 talent for improvement makes it into the good one though

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kashuno posted:

Anybody win on offense on the brawl

I did. We have two Kael'Thassess and a Gul'Dan. The defenders just blew up before they ever had a chance.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So with D.Va's defense matrix. Should you put it over your own teammates, or over the red guys? Or does both work?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

exquisite tea posted:

In a game already filled with hooded grimdark bad guys, Reaper doesn't stand out. Also every Overwatch hero they port into HotS that isn't a sexy waifu is money lost for Blizzard.

Genji's cyborg booty is my waifu

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have a feeling its because there's this one rear end in a top hat who's got a player level high enough that it would cause a display overflow if they just had it shown as a number.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I already love throwing owls at people, so I can't wait!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Hammer is fine, just have to realize that hitting E is almost always a bad idea when the enemy team is around.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kyrosiris posted:

I went full-on melee and stun build for the first time yesterday and jesus is it effective.

It's loving hilarious, I love it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Once in a blue moon you find some chill pubs. It's incredibly rare, though.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
From what I've seen pubbing, D.Va in meka mode fills the same role as she does in Overwatch. Be a big obnoxious jumpjetty rear end in a top hat that's in the way, and then half the red team splits off to chase after you so the other half dies to the rest of your team.

Or I'm just playing with dumb pubbies.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
She also gets loving DESTROYED by a good Artanis, which I'd imagine is a bit tragic for her because she just wanted a photo with him :(

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

exquisite tea posted:

A D.Va playing against Lunara definitely needs to take Ablative Armor at 13 and even then you can't really stand around and eat poison outside of D-Matrix. Not the kind of hero you should be 1v1ing.

Is there really anyone she can/should be 1v1ing though? She's a big noisy distruptor but not really killy.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Waltz right onto the objective and drop a steamin hot fake egg right in the middle of it to claim it as your territory.

Bonus points, it'll probably go off when the teamfight happens and slime somebody!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

bamhand posted:

The level 20 is bad because you are rooting and stunning yourself for the whole fight. It's much better to have march going and be able to participate in the fight than to have a 4v5 with perma march since the base duration is long enough that the fight should probably be determined anyways by the time it's finished.
Perma-march is loving hilarious though

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Mind over Matter posted:

I think the current in build is cocktail talents at 1/4/7, whichever ult works better against the enemy team at 10, Running Wild at 13, personal taste at 16, and human attacks at 20.

Depending on the map and who you're up against you may want to go all on on the inner beast talents. Really good if you wanna burst down a tower on ToD or kill the Immortal real quick. Hit W then hit E and chew up the target real fast.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Some people make secondary accounts and play with their friends for the recruit-a-friend bonuses and stuff. And if you move from one server (US vs Europe vs Asia etc) to the other your level doesn't carry over, so could be a friend playing with their buds on another continent or something.

e: Also smurfing ranked exists I guess

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
That applies to all abilities by the way. Even stuff like Sonya's Slam which is just Hit Really Hard, that's a spell damage.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Fumaofthelake posted:

Are there any good up to date resources that speak to team comp?

I have a decent familiarity with 10% of the roster...

Well, first off, fix that. If you don't know who the dudes in the game are and how they work, then you're not really going to be able to form a coherent understanding of composition around them.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Sometimes if there's a dude just spamming pings constantly after a while I'll join in and just randomly ping poo poo all over the drat map because that's clearly what we're doing. Ping the core, ping the keep, ping that minion. Ping ping ping!

It's usually more fun than the misery of what's going on in the actual game by that point.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Man. Can somebody tell me how to Xul. I always feel completely worthless and ineffectual when I try to play him.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Turns out bitching was the answer, because I just had a game where I managed to make that work out great and I got MVP and everything, hooray.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Awesome! posted:

how does chogall work? like what does each person control as far as movement and abilities

One player is Cho. He controls the feets and moving and the punchings and stuff and throws the ball. Other dude is Gall, he casts spells and can make the ball explode and stuff. Gall can't control movement, he's at the mercy of the Cho with that. They each get to pick their own talents and ults and such like a normal player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But there's a separate spray for Ganymede (Bastion's bird friend)!