Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Any reason why specifically chu8 and HORSEPANTS were not included in the streamer list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
What was the highest level everyone've seen so far? I've watched only a few streamers and even though so far I think Grubby chumped most of them with his 1401 levels, I'm sure there are more heroic poopsockers!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

exquisite tea posted:

What are the good Johanna skins? I thought everything looked kind of bad compared to her base model.

I think her Spellbreaker skin is super good and I don't even play Johanna!

Anyway, this happened during Grubby's stream:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyAttractiveSwordPartyTime

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I wish they just removed permanent/long-lasting stealth altogether.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Spudd posted:

Pick Tassadar

I don't like playing him and it's not really a solution.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Kitten Baubles posted:

Ah- on EU which is lame!

I bought the bundle, cheers for letting me know.

If you still need one here's mine: https://battle.net/recruit/JZW759BVPW

Hope it works!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I bought only a few skins before 2.0 so I'm super glad they made them more accessible, it's great seeing them in almost every game.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Got a team today on Towers of Doom who wouldn't even come to the tower capturing, just kept dying randomly all around the map, Reghar said he "cba to play". Probably has a lot of time to waste to play QM like that, good for him :shrug:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Is it just me or is Varian really oppressive in QM? Seems like now that everyone defaults to the shield wall build you better have a crap load of CC or you're in for a bad time.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Is Alarak's new Negatively Charged talent really infinitely stackable? Seems broken to me unless I'm missing something.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I was sad they gutted sustain Tychus but The Bigger They Are plus Overkill talents Tychus is really fun regardless of comp. Sniping runners with grenade feels as good as ever.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Kashuno posted:

Zuljin is actually just bad

Yeah, he's severely lacking in anything but damage but once in a blue moon when you have the peels it's pretty fun just destroying the whole team with full AA build.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
ETC completely shits all over Alarak no matter how high his numbers are because every single of his ability except for Lightning is cancellable lmao. Pulled him in? Too bad, he's got Powerslide, Face Melt AND Encore.

e: good ETC, I should add

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Dual life bar hero with crazy mobility, hmm :effort:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
So is his actual name Rich or did he just decide to piggyback on another's player fame?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Show of Force is still a insultingly low amount of damage compared to the other choices at 4. Pure Malice I might actually consider taking occasionally now. I don't think Rite of Rak'Shir is very good.

I don't understand Show of Force and the buff even less, 7 points of damage? Is anyone supposed to notice that? I think the point of Rite of Rak'Shir is that you can stack it indefinitely (if I haven't missed anything). Pure Malice strikes me as pretty bonkers after the buff. 40% after only 4 deaths is kind of on the verge of being OP.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Alright, I'm getting tired of 2x Genji in every single QM.

What's the best hero for loving up Genjis?

I don't know about best but I played some Anubarak today and it was pretty decent. You want either stuns or at least slows/roots. I think Malfurion's roots will even stop him mid Swift Strike.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I think the point is that nerfing one thing without improving the other two is kind of a lazy way out.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Plavski posted:

make one change and you have to test the code, qa the result, write the patch notes, translate the patch notes and ship the product with a minimal amount of impact on the rest of the systems.

make three changes and that's three times the work for a net benefit of very little. only this time you're making three changes to the meta instead of just one.

from a pragmatic project management perspective, one is low risk against the others and is a very simply decision to make. it's not lazy, it's efficient and correct.

This might be right if they ever went back and iterated on the change like you said, they only do that very, very sporadically.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Kashuno posted:

The stuff that reaches the public is not just Blizz throwing poo poo out and being like "ok"

Counterpoint: Rain of Destruction and Shadow Assault.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Before I played D.va I thought she's too good now after playing her I think she doesn't do anything. Probably because I'm poo poo!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I'm not seeing any talent list, did they remove it?

e: found it elsewhere

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
According to Fan Genji is pretty busted but from my gutter league POV you really REALLY need the mechanical skill and situational awareness of someone like him to reach that busted state. Otherwise you just don't do anything and die a lot. Seeing him Dragonblade basically the whole team after level 20 is kind of insane, though, and he did it several times.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Has kerrigan ever been great? She's had the same problems since end of beta

Several months ago they buffed her and she was almost unkillable and in virtually every game.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Malthael's low cooldowns give him some great mobility around team fights and very high sustain. CC is pretty mandatory for him I feel otherwise he's like a black cloud of death.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Players like Rich must be fun for the balancing team.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Infinitum posted:

I feel if you unlock the Azmodunk skin via lootboxes, you're now legally obligated to play Azmodunk

Confirmed.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I got an e-mail that I won 5 Sun's Out, Guns Out Loot Chests but in game I have zero. Have I been bamboozled?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Are you EU? I've heard all chests were rewarded on NA even if you play on other regions. I got mine in NA.

Yep. That is pretty funny. Hopefully they'll sort it out and award it in the proper region or in all of them.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
The new Malfurion's moonfire shotgun build is so fun. The best part is you can keep revealing stealthed characters all day long without running out of mana.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Kai Tave posted:

The thing that blows my mind is when you look at the reaction to this on places like Reddit it overwhelmingly leans towards blaming people for griefing and being poor sports instead of blaming Blizzard for allowing such a dysfunctional outcome to be possible in the first place.

It's pretty amazing that Hanamura manages to be the shittiest map in two separate games simultaneously though, it's like the quintessential unit of bad design. Decades from now bad maps in games will be measured in Hanamuras.

Eh, sure it's poor design but if the team didn't want to pointlessly extend the game it wouldn't happen.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I don't disagree with that at all. My point is they are not exclusive. The map can be poorly designed AND the people can be literal human garbage who just find that kind of behavior fun.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think stealth is pretty good in this game. Most characters have skillshots to reveal stealthed heroes and the shimmer isn't too hard to pick if you're looking for it. It's more map awareness and gamesense that will give you the feeling that someone invisible is coming for you

The problem isn't seeing the shimmer when nothing is happening, though.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Um, Valeera and Zeratul are far from underpowered. It's kind of irrelevant to the original point that was about seeing through the stealth.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Fuzz posted:

But can Stitches eat it?

He can but it still does damage.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Correct, unless you got the level 20 upgrade that no one takes.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Metamorphosis meta was a long time ago.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I love the updated Jaina and the Theramore Jaina skin's shining staff once you complete the quest. Or is it every skin now?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
How do I play Garrosh without getting endlessly kited and killed, his trait notwithstanding. He has no escape and no damage. Apart from git gud, I mean.

e: turns out the key is not to chase like a dumbass

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I actually took Shifting Malice on occasion when the other team was just full of heroes with CC.