Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Are you referring to old "wait for everybody to die and rez them" Mercy or new "anime battlefield nurse" Mercy?

Old Mercy.

Also I am glad Deathwing D.Va exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grom wouldn't have felt weak to play, but nobody should really have expected better of his son.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wishing the gun was just her arm, honestly. Though I have also been playing Metroid lately.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where's Maiev, who did nothing wrong and was proven right?

Also yeah, Sombra is rad but doesn't pretty much everything she could do already exist?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I choose to believe ordf is Kloctus' eternal rival.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm trying to think of heroes who were released weak and fixed by just number buffs rather than larger talent changes because what they were trying to just wasn't terribly useful. Maybe Lunara and Cassia?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Any time anyone complains about a new hero being overpowered I want to remind them about the days of Rexxar, and Losenara

I don't know how anyone thought Rexxar should have been released with how godawful that control scheme was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

If a hero had a talent that fancied up their skins but had no numbers attached, how highly picked would it be?

If it's on Lunara's wisp tier, 100%.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd say most avenged deaths or whatever it is is probably the most backhanded and embarrassing one to get. Though that being said, if you get that and you're the only member of your team on the board, you get to say they were even worse.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's funny to me that a D.Va skin gets as big billing as some new heroes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It sucks that their esports folks are having the rug pulled out from under them, but hopefully it will get more people to recognize that's not a viable career path since you'll have even fewer protections than the average US worker and will literally never be able to unionize.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lid posted:

Look everyone

It could be worse

This could be Heroes of the Storm

Pachinko

It wasn't already?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Not sure what your opinion has to do with Blizzard blowing money on frivolous things (like over produced esports and comics and an anime trailer for a game they hadn't actually sold people on yet) and not figuring out basic ways to make money off of the microtransactions they already had in the game, like letting people actually buy the things that they want, making more things that people might want, or pricing things competitively, both of which combined to draw the ire of Activision execs and shareholders.

I'd be willing to bet that not being able to directly buu the things you want was an Activision decision.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of skins, while it wouldn't have saved the game it still strikes me as odd that they didn't make skins from the other main series for each hero, instead opting for just very generic themes. They could even sweeten the deal by having a series skin count for quests. I know there were a lot of times I'd log on, not feel like playing anything that would fit my quests, and log off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Moola posted:

I ain't ever giving Bobby K any more money

Yeah honestly after that record profits + mass layoffs to give a new CFO a bunch of money bullshit I'm in the same place. This company doesn't deserve a shred of support after that (and yeah I know it's nothing new in the industry, just more apparent now) and it's clear they'll only get worse.