Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Why do I keep picking bans in this game? I literally have no idea what I'm doing because I have like an hour playtime under my belt. I think I'm 4/4 on being the ban picker dude.

Is playing unranked draft better then QM? I have only played QM and I have about 30 hours under my belt. But I still feel like I don't know enough to play unranked draft well. Would I get better if I solo q unranked draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ninguno posted:

you can still pick whoever you want in unranked draft. if you're in the last spot you might have to warrior or support, but even then if you tell people up front you want to run nova, they might draft around you.
it's basically the same thing but you get a sane team comp more often.

I've taken an affinity towards playing tanks/bruisers. Really like muradin. And I like some of the supports as well. Do you know the map going in or is that still random? Also are the players generally better?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
is there a website that helps you decide who to ban? Or just ask the people you're with if you don't know?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

raverrn posted:

Matchmaking, huh? That's what you call this?

at least you have a tank and healer, lots of times you don't even get a healer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Are these good stats for maraudin? I feel like my damage taken might be a bit low? It's 11 games QM and then one unranked draft.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HelixFox posted:

Yeah Azmo is super underappreciated. A lot of people still think the minion stacking quest is the way to go, and there's no better way to throw a game than to ignore the enemy team for 20 minutes while you focus on getting last hits on minions. It can be good if the other four people on your team can carry team fights 5v4, but if not...

Sieging Wrath doesn't have the pure damage potential of fully stacked TfB dunks but it's easy as piss to complete and the range increase is REALLY good for map control. On most maps you can hover around mid lane when nothing else is happening and push/soak all three lanes at once with an RQ combo.

Bound Minion is really good on Hanamura for passively getting forts down (tip: cast it on the melee minions for maximum push power)

I have yet to run into an azmo that takes the dunk spec anymore. They all take the better spec now.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HelixFox posted:

I'm assuming you mean laser spec. It can be effective but it's useless against stuns/silences and is still dangerous to use against roots and slows since you have to get closer. And looks like it's only more popular in Bronze and Silver leagues - Sieging Wrath is more popular from Gold upwards, with an 82.5% pick rate in Masters.

Yea lazer spec. And I believe my QM is in the bronze/silver mmr area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

better then slam dunk? Or is that wrong too?