Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what determines your player level? Mine is hella low for playing 2 years. Mine is a 24 to the left of Player Level, and then it says 424 below where it says Player Level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what is the 24 to the left then?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indecisive posted:

thats your level also but the border around it denotes what 'prestige' for lack of a better term you are, default is light blue I think, level 2xx are green, whatever etc. cant intimidate low level people when some level 5000 guy who's still poo poo at the game shows up on the opposite team

What does prestige mean exactly in this?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The new way of displaying your account level is such poo poo. Sad in an otherwise great patch.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here is where I post my unpopular opinion as someone who has played since alpha. The majority of overwatch characters added have been bad for the game.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Oh look, another cancerous overwatch character added to HoTS.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I hope they eventually add all of them.

I'm fine with it, as long as what they are bringing to the table isn't massive power creep that is just leaving old characters obsolete.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Why does a team of 5 get to go against a 3-1-1? Who thinks this is actually a good idea?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Because the alternative is a longer queue time and despite what people say, they actually won't keep playing a game with longass queue times.

I enjoyed having a better MM experience with longer queues about 5 months ago. Games were much more competitive.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do the mastery taunts work exactly? I know how to do them, but what exactly changes when you hit the next tier? It seems like with Zeratul at 50 I'm doing the same taunt I did last night pre-patch.

NM I see it's just the emblem. Pretty lame, I honestly thought each character was going to get their own little extra animation.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 14, 2017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm so glad that this game has a PTR where no changes happen when the game goes to live. And then after you buy a hero, they change it 2 weeks later. I seriously wish I could loving charge back 2 years of purchases for this stupid loving game.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The glacial spike nerf was far too extreme and the fact that they needed to nerf it that hard is indicative of what people have said about blizzard for years, they have no loving clue about anything when it comes to balancing in video games.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Get these aids over watch heroes out of my Hots. There was a about when this game was good and it was before tracer was introduced.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Fan of Knives is such a buggy skill. poo poo just flat out doesn't hit poo poo. I mean you can be right next to someone and it doesn't hit them unless you take the level 4 talent. You can loving stand 5 feet away and the knives just fly through people, and don't deal damage.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

No Wave posted:

The hitbox is just that crescent shape - nothing happens in that area between maiev and the crescent (her knives are magic)

I had a fight just happen with a Zarya on my team, she pulled everyone together and I threw my knives. I didn't get any of my level 4 quest done. I was a decent ways away from the enemies and my knives definitely hit all 5 enemy team members. I remember during the fight saying why the hell didn't I get any stacks. Then I went and watched the replay, sure as poo poo, I hit all 5 enemies and I didn't get credit on my quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Post your replay :shrug:

I'll do it when I get home after Chelsea barca.