Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Decided to try this again after not having played really since beta and ended up as Lucio alone in top lane on a three lane map while my other four teammates all went mid and left the bottom lane empty.

We lost. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

god that murky build is brutal and this comes from someone who heavily played murky in early beta because octograb could gently caress up people way more back then

Are you referring to Macaluso's build?

I've decided to jump back into HOTS and I'm going whole hog into Murky.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Here's my build:

TY for this!

I haven't played HOTS in almost a year and I just went 3-0 in quickplay with this. In my last game I got a triple kill by myself.

Murky owns.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I still cannot find any sort of guide that explains the logic of picking lanes and where to go on each map.

If I'm playing Murky where should I aim to be? The last two games my team abandoned me alone in middle lane at the start of the game and that didn't seem ideal?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Im a newbie Murky, but I generally lane alone. I want to kill all the minions with my pufferfish to get bribe stacks to get some mercs quickly before Im able to just slime them all down in the later game.

How? With 2-3 people in lane against me I can't soften up the wave to actually get puffer to kill them, and if I throw it first the minions kill most.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Find a quieter lane. I play QM and most people play the middle brawl so I usually grab the lonely bottom. If theres 2 or 3 enemies there i go where there arent. Maybe ask to switch with someone. I throw puffer in a fresh stack of minions, then slime and AA a few to whittle em done for when puffer explodes. Allied minions help.

Hm. Tracer and Sonia just obliterated my fish before it could ever explode and then dove me if I got within slime range.

I must be missing something. Every game I've won with Murky has been with a lane partner; every time I've been forced to solo against 2-3 other people it's usually a disaster.

Edit: Also, is quick play back to not caring about team comp at all? I remember in the Alpha it was a mess and whoever had a healer won, and they fixed it, but I've now just had my second game where our team doesn't have a warrior.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 13, 2018

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Murky shouldn't be trying to solo lane against 2-3 other people, I'm pretty sure nobody in the game should be doing that let alone a hero with less than 800 hitpoints at level 1.

That goes to my original question about lane strategy that I can't seem to find an answer to. Almost every game I've played the two duos just go lane together and refuse to leave each other and I get stuck with a solo lane of whatever's left, and it's never a 1v1.

It's sounding like Murky just shouldn't be played in QP?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So once I got the laning situation in order and got more aggressive about yelling at my rando teammates about lane swapping, I've been having a lot more success with Murky. I've been following the build that was posted here a few days ago:

Fishy Deal
Slime Time
Black Lagoon
Ult: March
Rejuv Bubble
Fish Oil
Making Inky

Is this the One True Murky build, or are there other alternative viable build paths? One game I accidentally went Toxic Buildup instead of Fish Oil and it felt absolutely terrible. What else should I be trying out?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
After dicking around almost exclusively with Murky, I want to get more seriously into HotS since I've found League insanely frustrating recently, especially with the autofill changes.

If I wanted to devote some time to a handful of characters in each role, who are the inexpensive "starter" picks for each archetype that slot decently into serious team comps? Like one/two champs per role that would be good for a relative HotS beginner to practice on?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Zhulik posted:

small brain: deckard cain
normal brain: zoltun kulle
glowing brain: adria the kerrigan from d3 expansion
galaxy brain: maghda
universe brain: leah
transcendental godlike being brain: rakanishu

transcendental godlike being brain exploding into a million glittering pieces: Corpsefire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

Master League makes it easy to find pro games of your favorite hero. Click the game # on the left side of the screen, click watch, enjoy. All replays are posted on a public google drive but those that were played on the diablo hotfix patch can't be watched.

:(