Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a spergy calculator or guide for what loot boxes to re-roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hanamura is terrible.

Possibly worst map in the game?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Braxis is good, except in those weird QM matchups.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Toshimo posted:

The game occurs in real time. If I was doing that, I probably had eyes on the other team and knew we had an opportunity. Instead, you missed your opening, waited for a minion wave and fresh heroes to show up and botched it.

So, yeah, the lesson here was probably to respond to pings and directions instead of blinding flailing around.

This is an assholish response, but the basis is true. Pinging to do an action in a window of opportunity now is not the same as doing that action 45 seconds later.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

W.T. Fits posted:

All other considerations aside, I love that Malthael has a talent called "Throwing Shade." :allears:

Some top tier talent names for sure

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I updated the game and now when I go to select a game mode it doesn't allow me to choose anything. Quick play, ranked, unranked draft, nothing. Says it has something to do with the store being down?

What the whiskers?

e: Welp, the old reinstall seems to have fixed it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 8, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

PantsBandit posted:

So is Malthael considered OP right now or what because I feel like every draft game I play he's ban #1.

Yes he is super good and is 4% points higher winrate than the second best hero. In all high level grandmaster streams he is priority banned.

Although watching DunkTrain's stream, Genji gets banned almost as often, which is curious.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I used Grubbys Stukov build and it was super feast or famine. But I was playing on big maps with scrub tier win folk.

But man when Stukov is feasting he is feasting.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Do you have a link to that?

Looks like he updated it since last night. This is what it was:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/stukov#sjVr

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Radish posted:

Looks like my link is missing the level 16 talent.

pox pop all day

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
So what's the 'ole build for the secret powerful Tyrande?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

No Wave posted:

He's clearly one of the best characters in the game and nerfs in hots tend to be gentle. 54% winrate seems to be the threahold where action is definitely taken and he's close, but it can go either way.

He's not ruining the game so nothing dramatic will happen and nerfs don't even really matter at the level I'm playing at.

Yeah, he's in a weird place where he wins a bunch but isn't dramatically warping the meta around him.

e: well I'm in high gold/low plat, so ymmv

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kel'T does seem to ride or die on how quickly the quest gets done. I appreciate that his kit provides fun micro minigames, but it seems like I'm working harder, to do less, than other mages like Kael.

Thanks for posting the combo last page, I'll really focus on the double chain.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dietrich posted:

They really have a few too many heroes in the game with "hit x hero" quests for him to be a go-to pick, but as a niche character he can be very effective under the right conditions.

Grubby was playing some Sam and going illusion build and it got pretty hateful

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Toshimo posted:

With the new laning changes she basically transforms a small advantage into a 1-sided stomp. She should probably be the priority ban right now.

can you explain the new laning changes and how they impact the game?

I haven't played in a couple months.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I played a ton of WC3 back in the day but I don’t remember which dread lord was which. Why would malgsnis be boring? Please explain like I’m five ty

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looks powerful and beautiful

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

bamhand posted:

Whelp, she looks real fun and real annoying to play against. I assume she will also attract a bunch of bads that die constantly with her. Much like Illidan.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
2-7 tonight.

Leavers or trollers in almost every game.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hero league seems like nothing but stomps, one way or the other. In my last 13 games, 10 had one team not lose a fort.

Gold Rank 1

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Froghammer posted:

Pubbies are all about taking mercs and hate pushing with them

boy howdy if this isn't the truth

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalko posted:

Despite the fact that it has been shown that a game's outcome depends more on a team's good players than bad I agree that it really does feel like most games are decided by idiots. Some mistakes are so obvious you can’t help but believe they cost you the game, but then again no player can hold the entire game state in their mind and factor in all of the good and bad plays over the course of the game that led to that decisive moment. Or at least, no human player can.

Advanced modeling may show that, but the user experience of having a player actively disconnect for 3/4 of the map, or a person solo camping and never helping with objectives or even pushing with said camps... well that loving sucks and sinks a team.

Maybe this is just gold tier problems, but it's loving furious that the loss is going to gently caress me over despite my individual performance.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How do I get better at drafting? I'm in Gold 1-3.

My methodology:

1. Choose a role that needs to be filled.
2. Look at highest winrate hotslogs heroes for that map.
3. Select the best among heroes I'm experienced with.
3b. Alter slightly based on counters (i.e. go hero with blinds if they have a bunch of AA)

Is there an online resource that's... like a multiple choice quiz on hero drafting?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

bio347 posted:

I had a very weird experience in QM today. I got paired with a good Abathur and a good Zeratul, and the Aba not only took clone but would clone the Zera and also be good. It wasn't even close.

It's weird playing with abathurs because at my level they can basically never appropriately micro. It makes the hero seem super lovely and like, ponder why he's so popular with the pros.

Then you get a good aba and it's like ohhhhh

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

AlmightyBob posted:

I'm just glad they confirm the blue goo in the video

most important thing imo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalko posted:

I still enjoy the game but I've been playing pretty sporadically for the last six months or so as the friends I used to play with lost interest and other games came along to distract me (Civilization 6 expansion, R6 Siege, Gwent, Slay the Spire, etc). I really enjoy leveling heroes (RIP master skins) but doing that solo even with a stimpack feels like a huge grind.

HotS is the background game I play when I don't feel like opening something else. The core gameplay is incredibly solid and I still love grabbing each new hero. I was disappointed that they're slowing down the hero releases now because lately the only times I've binged have been new releases, but eh, what are you going to do.

Yeah, the game is okay, but now that most of my friends have moved on I only do half a dozen games or so a week. If that.

It also feels more stompy. A lot of my games in gold league end with one side never losing a fort. And I can't think of a single comeback in forever. The winner feels determined early, but its still gold league so the teams won't end when they can so the games go on forever. I played a game last night where the enemy team was at 18 to 15, wiped us while defending a keep and they didn't lose anybody. So they should demolish the keep and hit the core right? No, instead they sprint all the way back to get the siege camps on their side of the map.

Games take forever.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 23, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Charles Bukowski posted:

So you guys are paying for some premium twitch service and getting a free legendary box?

I already have prime, so all I had to do was follow a couple links to get the gift. Then after the gift arrived, I unlinked Twitch's access to my blizz account.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Blizzard could definitely be a bit less stingy with gold ani packs... but yeah generally their model is pretty decent all things considered

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What’s the tldr on the role rework and goon views about it?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loving love HotS and it is the best moba by far for me.

The only really aggravating issues are:

1. Queue times
2. The pricing

I played a ton when HotS first came out so I have most of the heroes I want. But it’s tough to get friends interested in the game when there’s such a steep cost of entry.

Of all the issues that people criticize (rightly so or not) about the game, I feel like most would be tolerated if the pricing model was friendlier.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Khako posted:

I still have a heavily downvoted subreddit post about hots casual changes. Basically said that simplifying a game and then trying to push competitive was counter-intuitive. This was when they reworked stealth heroes. Just wanted to say gently caress you Blizz, I was right.

“Simplifying” to you is “removing lovely mechanics” to everyone else. Complexity in of itself does not equal to a more competitive game. HotS is a way better competitive game, both to play and to watch, than Dota2.

By far the biggest 3 reasons hots struggled are:
1. An awful launch
2. Showing up to the genre late
3. Awful pricing

All the other complaints would be annoying but tolerated if the big three had been better

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
They need to do a last ditch big effort where they radically simplify the monetization, make everything cheaper, and alter game modes. 3.0 or something.

Then promote the hell out of it across other blizzard games.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like this game :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nybble posted:

Big update from the Heroes team: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/heroes-of-the-storm-update-feb-08-2019/14370

The thing that stuck out to me the most was Gems can purchase Skins, and Gold can be turned into Shards. Obvious and good changes.

They took part of my advice.

So it begins.