Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Streak posted:

i like blackheart's bay.

How.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Got the "This is Jimmy" voice line, time to spam this horribly outdated hero

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Eraflure posted:

Got the "This is Jimmy" voice line, time to spam this horribly outdated hero

The Jimmy smiles upon me today, just got the Stars and Stripes skin

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

So when's the next balance patch? Bit tired of banning Lucio+[tank] every game.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Changing in any way a hero because of QM is a really dumb thing to do in a "competitive" game. They should just rework the whole queue system entirely or leave it to rot.

e: I pretty much only play solo draft unranked and I get a trolly no healer/tank comp maybe once every 20 games. I mean you see some horrible drafts sometimes, sure, but at least it's nothing unplayable like QM with its 10 assassins.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Good thing mobas are in fact multiplayer games for people who hate multiplayer games.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Robogoblin is good for murdering everything with 600 dmg punches and huge armor values. Very few melee heroes can keep up with him at 20.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

That argument works in this particular case since you have to stun the very squishy not-tank without any innate mobility who spawns at a specific point after a 0.75 sec windup.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The one thing I hope they fix about D.Va is D-Matrix because it's kind of clunky to use. You should just be able to do a full 360-degree swivel while it's active.

That would make it blatantly overpowered. The spell has to be clunky if you want it to be that powerful, otherwise dva will straight up win any game against low CC comps.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Dva is so stupidly good.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

The mech deals a lot of damage though.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Constant nerfs to Rag and Anub every patch is becoming the "complete Kael'thas rework every patch" of 2017.

Good, gently caress both of those, especially anub. His kit is bonkers to begin with, he'll still be fine and hopefully not as stupid as he's been those last few weeks.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

The slow also gives her extra AA range which makes this talent a decent to strong choice if you're up against a lot of ranged damage. If your mech keeps blowing up, suppressive fire helps you charge your gun without getting blown the gently caress up by their ranged heroes. It also helps against some melees like Sonya or Thrall.

It's a 100% situational choice, which is good talent design. I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed it very slightly though.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I feel like this brawl is what Hammer mains wait for all year so as to justify their bad decision.

She's one of my most played and I'm never playing this brawl again, it's plain awful.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

If you don't know when to take risks with squishy ranged autoattackers, just stay behind your frontline at all times and rightclick whatever is in range, even if it's the full HP Diablo. Ignore the people who keep whining about focusing the healer or whatnot, putting a steady pressure on their frontline is something Raynor is good at and it's way better than getting hosed trying to get to the KT 3 miles away. You'll learn to take risks and go on their backline as you get more experience, your priority should be to just autoattack all the time, even if it isn't the target you want.

Also don't hesitate to pick some survivability at level 1, Give me more is a really good talent.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Just pick muradin, miss all your hammers and be useful anyway because you're a 7k hp fat sack of poo poo sitting in the middle of the fight blocking skillshots.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Oh boy I get to play on Hanamura AND Blackheart? Thanks Blizzard.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I'll just pick the other ult because triple massive knockback is more fun to me.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Thinking winrates beside the extreme 40-/60+ values mean anything in mobas is dumb as gently caress

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Glad I get to ban the new hero every single game. Again.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Would make more sense to play a grand total of one game with Stukov, see he's extremely OP and nerf him before he goes live but gently caress PTR I guess.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Meanwhile on post-patch Hanamura…

Solid map design, allowing one team to draw out a match for however long they please. :waycool: The people who abuse it are fucknuggets of the highest order, of course, but still.

Only played on the new Hanamura once and it was a stomp, so I didn't really get to see much of the changes. How did that screenshot happen?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Don't even pick Chen if you're not going brewmaster's balance.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Semper Fudge posted:

No one in HOTS really has a particularly hard to land skillshot, getting all 3 missles to hit with a Seeker build is definitely one of the more difficult ones though.

Zagara

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Cue the portal exploding and letting through Tomator, Emperor of the Croutonians

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

But Tomator already exists, he's the bad guy acting as the final boss in The Lost Vikings.

I mean he already has a gun, we're due for yet another assassin making Jimmy even more obsolete.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Sgt. Hammer represents the siege tank unit from StarCraft (1998). After being introduced in Heroes of the Storm, she went on to appear in the co-op mode of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (2015).

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Zagara's the ultimate solo queue hero if you don't want to play overpowered garbage. Lane bully, very mobile, huge sustain, safe DPS, fun to play, she has it all.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

no

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

She has two good ults, pick the one which you feel is appropriate to the team comp, map, etc.

Maw doesn't let me jump on a fleeing squishy from miles away Alien style, therefore it's bad, not good and awful.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

They should just go ahead and release a new hero who's just a pair of huge animated pauldrons.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So when can I expect the best warchief to go on the PTR so I can start banning him immediately

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Next character from Diablo is Rakanishu, who is basically a Murky without spells who shits out a lethal lightning storm every time he dies.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

CDW posted:

I don't think Nova is at all a good character, but I think more of the problem is that most people who pick Nova are retarded and can't play the game on any hero, let alone a Stealth hero that relies on landing consecutive skill shots and knowing how much burst you're capable of, and not picking the Triple Shot ult ever.

Chu8 has some pretty good games on Nova.

Also, see Genji's win rate this week from being free to play, and he's overpowered as poo poo.

The correct opinion. Most of the time, the player is the problem, not the hero, even if Nova isn't fantastic to begin with. Doesn't help that she is the go to troll pick when you're last pick for most shitters.

A lot of picks have a bad rep for no reason in this game. I still get spam pinged sometimes when I go Mind Control.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

These are all things literally any hero can do and LOL at end split pushing. Several split pushers can 1v1 her

She has very consistent ranged burst + safe and fast repositioning + global AoE nuke, so yeah he's right. I mean she can't dash across the map, yell in Korean and kill the splitpusher in 3 hits but that doesn't mean Nova is the problem here :v:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Stealth pickers are poo poo at the game 99% of the time, I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Ah yes, the good old "just stun him" argument. Genji is the most mobile hero in the game and he has a built-in invulnerability button + a super strong dodge talent, catching him is not easy at all. That hero just makes me glad we hots players have really lovely mechanics because a Genji good enough to bait out Divine Storms and whatnot would be impossible to play against.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Protection and dodge both don't work against stuns. Protection is cancelled as soon as he is stunned.

Genji has a 46.8% win rate.

People crying about heros that punish mistakes is the worst, because it usually results in Blizzard not releasing new heroes with impactful talents and makes the game balanced around the idea that mistakes and positioning don't matter.

Winrate is entirely meaningless, especially when we're talking about a hero picked in every single game as long as he isn't banned. Can't be bothered to check if you took all leagues into account but lol if that's the case.
I will be completely fine with him punishing bad positioning once they nerf him properly but keep thinking the Bad Player Society is out to get him I guess.

quote:

Blizzard literally made part of Kael's basic kit a level 20 talent because people complained that "don't stand next to the living bomb" was too hard.

Or maybe because infinite spread is extremely effective at disrupting low range teams, esp in maps with a lot of chokepoints. Even grandmasters had to move around living bombs, and simply making your enemies scatter for a few seconds is a very powerful ability. I mean beside Valeera, I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't balance the game around silver players spreading bombs 30 times.

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 24, 2017

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

It was already posted, he has a 48% win rate above Plat.

90% of the people complaining about Genji are people who have never been punished for their positioning. They are the same people who complain about Nova "one-shotting" them when they were split pushing with half health as Raynor.

Genji has already had several major nerfs. Taking away or limiting his ability to punish out of position people and escape removes the only reason to play him.

And constantly removing abilities and heroes that punish mistakes is bad for the overall health of the game.

Plat/diam does not matter either. I'm poo poo at this game and I consistently calibrate in diamond. Winrate outside of the pro scene does not reflect anything unless we're talking about extremely high/low values or fluctuations.
You don't have to nerf his ability to catch people off guard. You could simply lower his DPS, his ability to reset an encounter if his assassination fails or the effectiveness of his dodge talent so he doesn't do everything you could possibly want from an assassin.
Being able to deal steady, extremely hard to punish DPS, thus enabling himself, is the part of his kit they should nerf imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

:shrug: