Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

On the op it says hero league is solo or duo and team league is groups of 5. This is no longer true. Hero league is solo only and team league is 2,3,or 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Too bad they nerfed her even tho she was fairly balanced because they said people found her unfun to play against

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

brightwing is pretty good tbh

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

we see lili, arthas, genji on the enemy team

our last pick is... zagara on a small map

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Smash Varian is not squishy you dweeb. I've seen him quite often in HL and played it as triple parry into smash and you can both delete one person from the map as well as be invincible for like 8 seconds in a row.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on May 10, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

There's no misuse. I'm awful at Varian and just press the parry button from the time I go in until the fights over and it works mostly.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Who has come out since genji?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mind over Matter posted:

So, going back to the recent topic of solo laners. I have some questions. Basically, what is the ideal situation for a solo laner to end up in? I understand the things you ideally don't want. You don't want to die or have to back if you can avoid it. You don't want to get ganked if someone rotates to you. You don't want their minions to beat on your walls or worse. But what is the situation you DO want? I used to think that the ideal was to clear the enemy wave ASAP, but people here have over time said that's not ideal sometimes, because if the wave gets so far out that you can't soak the next enemies safely that's bad. So that would seem to indicate that I don't necessarily want to push my lane to the enemy fort even if it's damaging their stuff. So is the "ideal" solo lane simply to zone the enemy out of soak range and then let the minions all kill each other off? Or what?

if you're able to zone the enemy off, do that. if you're unable to do that but feel like you can avoid ganks, push up to their walls to waste turret shots, then rotate to have position in case you need to gank. if you can't do either one just soak exp

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im back on hots because jimbob told me that KELTHUZAD is finally coming out, now people won't call kael KT unless they have a mental issue

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tcjimbo posted:

You need to remember these are just the edgelords who spam things like that. The easiest way to tell who not to play with in sagoons is to look for the people saying "don't play with tcjimbo".

I say it but only ironically

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why would you recommend uther to a new player and not rehgar, one of the most fun supports.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What are the 'new laning mechanics' people are talking about.

Edit:phoneposting

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 18, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Star posted:

Globes can be picked up by both teams during the final two seconds before they disappear and towers and forts won’t have finite ammo anymore.

So pushing is... Weaker?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jimbo is real mad but isn't even the best goon which makes it funnier

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

So you are so upset when you lose that you check someone's profile just to look for a reason to blame them for the loss.

maybe but i've been top 200 and still think jimbo is a huge rager so ymmv

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Do you have 15000 fun bucks?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I used to be a tyrande one trick but stopped playing her after the did all the stupid owl poo poo.

I've been playing her since the rework and she is going to get nerfed soon

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Paranoid Peanut posted:

What's your build like? I tried her for a bit yesterday and missed her old kit.
There's two main builds now. I don't think owl is a real build anymore.

1 depends on team
4 is stun range but if you have two auto attackers or plan on auto attacking go trueshot
7 is mark of mending but all are okay
10 is normally shadowstalk now but I keep trying to make starfall work
13 is quickening or rangers mark. Go mark on BoE or if you are attacking a lot.
16 all viable. The owl talent can chunk a Frontliner or reduce damage from a diver, the splash talent is actually huge, especially on choke point maps. If you are auto attacking a ton and it's not 2 or 3 tanks, the ramping damage one is good.
20 I almost always go shooting star, now that it doesn't require a hero to stack up you can hit a minion 7 times before a team fight and get an early stun proc. Iceblade arrows is good too. I don't like the ult upgrades since you already poo poo heals and Mark got nerfed

One of the most important things to do on tyrande is always be hitting people. The heal CD reduction if you're attacking and using spells is massive, you can out heal a lot of damage on someone if they're being jumped. Your own damage is lower now but you still do respectable dps.

Get good at landing arrows to set your team up rather than using them only as a followup, I think that's the most important part of her. Especially if you take lunar flare at 4

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

How often does shooting star actually hit people, since heroes tend to move during fights? If it reset your CD so you could cast it I'd never pick anything else.

And boosting the heal on shadowstalk and revealing the enemy team are the kinds of things that break late game stalemates.

It hits very often. People aren't running constantly in fights, they're trying to attack and cast spells. If it forces a KT to run away instead of dropping more bombs, it's good. It also targets the closest person more often it seems, so it's good for peeling.

I like it a lot if I'm ever able to auto more than a couple of times.

I don't feel like I ever need more healing as tyrande and the reveal on shadowstalk is negligible in my opinion. In most lategame matches you can tell where your opponents will be, and you also have owl and arrow to spot check any scary bushes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i'm in a twenty five minute queue.

edit: after 25 minutes i found a game, then next game this

casual 30 minute queue before i gave up

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 8, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

A) you were playing at 4 & 5 AM

B) You're in diamond

C) You're in your promo game

All of those cause longer queue times

I don't care about why, even when I was in diamond 1 in league my queues were like 3 minutes at 4 am. It's really annoying to wait 30 minutes then have a leaver in your game

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Try every character but for playing ranked you should pick 3ish in each role and master them.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Hardest hero to play is clone ult samuro and it's not even close. KTZ is easy to play once you quick cast everything and just assume you will always hit your combo and spam it all out at once.

Vikings are also very easy play. I have, 75% win rate with vikings in 50 games of team league at diamond/Master MMR and I still suck with clone ult samuro.

Tbf that is because vikings have been absurdly broken for years. I don't know if the recent nerfs helped or not.

I was very bad at playing them and won almost every game I tried them previously, and that was in 3k master or so

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

that valeera and hanzo spent the entire game running facefirst into muradin and then bitching at everyone

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Got back into the game after not playing much since season 1.

Just reached masters with 68 games played.

As i said, abuse OP heroes. I went 26-5 on Tyrande.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lucifirius posted:

Diablo 2 remastered

I would like that more than any Diablo 3 news so of course it'll never happen

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

As someone who hasn't touched the game in a year, what's the meta like for HL and stuff? Any heroes released in the past year I should be unlocking first?
It's not Garden; it's Dragon Shire. They released a second comic over the summer where the Lady of Thorns is taking with Cain about how the Raven Lord wants to take over Dragon Shire.

It's part of their weird, inconsistent lore rollout.

Yeah it seems like Fenix and Yrel are some of the top solo laners in the game and Whitemane is competing with tyrande for op support. Whitemane has more sheer healing and tyrande has more play making capability..

Mephisto may be slightly over tuned at the moment

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I haven't played ragnaros since I started playing again and I forgot I had the lil ragnaros skin. It's so good.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

garthoneeye posted:

The problem with the ammo change is the stated goal was to reward more aggressive play in the laning phase and the result, particularly at high level, is that there is less reason to play aggressively.

Yep. With unlimited ammo it's trivial to kite the minions around in front of your towers forever. Thus the sideline became yrel and blaze

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

If I had the motivation to log into Reddit, I would ask how nerfing the biggest strengths of the lowest win rate warrior in the game (their own words) helps him.

Their stated goal of removing ammo was to 'promote aggressive play in side lanes' and what the change did was actually just made tank warriors the default offlane pick and no one ever fights there.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's making him an easier side laner to play in solo queue by giving him lower CD on escape move and more health and health regen. It may improve his wr a percent or two while making him worse in competitive, as they wanted

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why does falstad even have mana anymore?

just played him first time since the mana reduction on his skills, it's virtually impossible to run out of mana even spamming as hard as possible.

does anyone know what # grandmaster starts at? I'm currently around 2500 in master and still winning around 70% of my games, hoping to get the GM rewards this season

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

9.5k. Lol.

Thanks. Why lol? I've been in grandmaster elo before, it was just beta where they didn't have mastwe/grandmaster ranks yet.

That reminds me, I saw hgc earlier and saw YoDa playing. Here's a video of me killing him, with the old busted rear end grey mane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CiajKfJmY

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 20, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

They messed with GM last season a lot. Even two season ago 10k was like top 5. Jacking up master scores and PRA post-master was the solution to... uh... something, nobody really is sure of what.

I'm not a good player so it doesnt matter, it's something the twitch people complained about a whole lot at the beginning of the season.

Ah. It's not a big deal really. As long as you win you'll climb. By twitch people do you mean actual masters streamers or just a bunch of twitch chat people.. Big difference there haha.

And I'm only 'good' because I've been playing mobas for over half my life now. It's not a good thing to be good at :smith:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

Oh yeah the streamers, bambam specifically would complain about it every single game (and probably will at the start of next season too). After hundreds of games some GMs were still getting +30 PRA every game.

My guess is the decision had to do with wanting master score distribution to more closely match hidden MMR distribution and judging by hotslogs (not a totally accurate source but it's the best we have for this metric) some of the very best pro players have massively higher MMR than other masters. But starting everyone from 1k master makes this way too slow a process for a two month season, weird situation overall.

Ah. Yeah seasons should be a little longer then, I didn't realize they were so short.

It seems like a bigger spread of players in masters will result in a more correct ladder overall but not if seasons are so short. Currently I'm getting +35 each game, I was wondering when that will fall off. I guess not for a while.

Thanks!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No Wave posted:

Tyrael is another character who fails lots of main tank metrics but he's still used because he's good in the 4 man (has aoe buffs, can get in and out reliably, etc). I don't think Blaze's moveset is fundamentally flawed, if you removed his aoe attack and weakened his pve damage and buffed a bunch of crap to compensate it might be plausible. But that's a lot of ifs, and i doubt it will happen.

I haven't seen a tyrael Ingame since I returned to the game, so maybe 150 matches. I assume he's played some in pro?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Bought Maiev, on a whim.

Do not even get her.

She's probably one of the most difficult characters to play in hots.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Sure; I mean, that was a very flippant post. Having played most of the cast at one time or another, I just don't see what she's even meant to do theoretically.

If you use E to go in, you're an incredibly squishy Assassin in melee range, and D is not going to keep you alive very long OR has a low enough cooldown to be reusable. Are you supposed to try to make W break, or use it as a way to force them to stay close so you can melee? Fan of Knives has a tiny range (and a weird arc) too.

It just all seems very... janky. Like, I don't understand right now what she's for.

Watch some of the games in hgc with Fan playing her. You try to land a pull onto a group and drag them back into a warden cage. Your fan of knives does a ton over the fight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The new Kerrigan is absolutely disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was terrified last game when I saw Fan on Maiev on the other team but he died 6 times and we won. Requeued and beat him again on zera this time.

Farming fan for MMR :getin:

(I expect to lose the rest of the games I have against him)