Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of right click, I would really love it if right clicking on the minimap did nothing. Is there a way to change that?

I've hosed up several times because I'm trying to move or throw as Garrosh or something and accidentally right click the minimap and suddenly my camera is loving in some random spot on the battlefield
There's an option somewhere to make the minimap clickthrough, yeah. Don't quite remember where off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Seebach posted:

So I can't really ever seem to find a good reason to take Hanzo's actual Ultimate and settle on Ashe Arrow every game.
I played one game where he threw it into a 4-man VP and basically solo'd the enemy team, but that's about all I've ever seen it do.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Fel Reaver skin better have the sounds.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Fel Reaver skin has neither green fire NOR the sound. Guess I don't have to worry about buying it.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Combustion sounds real cool, though.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

skipThings posted:

Why is Malganis worse than any other of them? he is the first you meet so most people will remember him, maybe varimathras would be just as good, but not better.
I'd probably go with Tichondrius, because he is (er, was) the leader of the (Legion's) dreadlords.

Comedy option: Lord Hel'Nurath and his horsies.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The revealing skin for Maiev is obviously going to be the Priestess of the Moon/Tyrande skin she'll have to finish off the altered fates set.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Her trait, Vault of the Wardens, is a dirty, dirty pun and I love it.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

bamhand posted:

Armor makes healing much stronger on her. And stacking armor buffs is also stronger on her.
It also changes the value of armor shredding, as well as percentage-based attacks.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I played a couple games of Xul today because he was close to a level and cleaned up some quests at the same time... Man. He feels almost entirely ineffectual. You can flail around real impressively, but for the most part that's all it feels like. Flailing and hoping.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Kith posted:

Xul needs a drastic overhaul since the removal of Tower Ammunition, because he's not even good at lane pressure anymore - it's way too easy to bully him out of lane. His skeletons don't do enough.
That's pretty much how it felt. It's just QM, so it's not like there's a ton of coordination, followup, or solo-lane help. One game there was an Azmodan who would come over to counter me and there was literally nothing I could do.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Well, from watching the HGC, EU will run Blaze as both tank and bruiser, depending on map and comp. He was picked a ton today, and played both roles.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Speaking of Tyrael, Swift Retribution at 7 is hilarious with good autoattackers. Why aim my Smite at the bad guys when I can put it under the Butcher or Greymane and watch them take someone apart?

e: also, Sanctification tends to be lost on QM players. C'mon guys, I just perfectly Sanct'd that Apocalypse from Diablo! Why'd you hafta get stunned!?

bio347 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 13, 2018

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I mean, yeah. Fair is fair, I only ever really notice Sanct from other Tyraels because my screen lights up with the Invulnerable effect (and by that time I'm probably on my way out of the zone). I was just really proud of that one, okay?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I absolutely, 100% need Zoltun Kulle and Alarak interacting with each other.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Could also be Leah with that background (or, comedy option: Maghda).

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Loutre posted:

I'd buy him immediately and never play anything else.
This but Rakanishu.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Dietrich posted:

I saw a cho'gall on the other team in qm and groaned... then I realized we had a tychus. :getin:
Every time I've had a QM Tychus vs. Cho'gall, the Tychus spends most of the game avoiding Cho. It must be the Stim/Nano-retreat effect. :shrug:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I had a very weird experience in QM today. I got paired with a good Abathur and a good Zeratul, and the Aba not only took clone but would clone the Zera and also be good. It wasn't even close.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Is it common? I've never seen this ai thing happen. I went afk just hoping it'd end fast...but this guy is so poo poo he's sorta losing against 4 ai

Well I keep feeding so I wouldn't get kicked. But somehow my AI friends pushed down one of his keeps so I joined in and won the game.
Depends on the brawl and time of day. Mage Wars is pretty awful, so I'm not surprised you're not finding people midday on a Wednesday.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
So how's new Varian in general? In specific, does he work at all against Fenix with his shield-stripping talents?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm not sure whether to be impressed or upset.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

beejay posted:

there's no indication that the people that make it actually care about making it a better game
I'm slightly baffled at this. Are you personally talking to the entire team to learn that they don't care? Like, how exactly are we measuring shits given here? "They didn't immediately nerf Fenix, and so obviously they don't care at all about anything!"

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

beejay posted:

I'm not going to address your ridiculous strawman about talking to individuals. The entire arc of this game since 2.0 and maybe a bit before, and lack of communication or even acknowledgement regarding major issues repeatedly brought up by the community, and dropoff of actual quality gameplay content and balance changes... those are the things that show they don't care.
Heroes 2.0 is better than 1.0 in pretty much every way, so I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree then?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
That's still really, really powerful. Have you ever tried to clear a wave of unfocused minions, particularly later in the game? They hit pretty drat hard if given a singular target.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

lucifirius posted:

Because there's no feedback mechanism that punishes using E to clear waves outside getting ganked constantly.
And also, there really just are people who are that bad at videogames. These two factors often combine themselves.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Team up with Infest Zagara and grab their ranged minions!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

Why do you find that baffling? The level 1 gives you +15% spellpower per target (up to 30%) and lasts for 15 seconds. The cooldown on your scroll is 16 seconds but is cut in half by your trait. You cast scroll, you hit two targets, and then your next scroll has +30% spellpower.
Pedantic, but the (default) trait doesn't halve your cooldowns, it makes them recharge 50% faster, which is different. That figures out to a 33.3% (repeating, of course) cooldown reduction assuming 100% uptime. If you want halved cooldowns, you need to take Safety in Numbers at 16.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

What's weird is if I respond with "Its QM," I get a lot of "who cares if its QM, its not an excuse to play poorly, I want to win, etc." Like, what else are people supposed to do? AI are boring. Madness.
I mean... that's kind of true, though? "It's QM" is absolutely the rallying cry of solo-warrior Twin Blades Varians and really bad Novas and such, who are completely wasting the fifteen minutes of four other people in the name of "having fun" which apparently does not include anything remotely close to winning.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Nerfed or not, Ignite is cool and good and my friend.

bamhand posted:

Blizzard has been trying to lower the power of supports for some time though. If the only two good supports are nerfed then maybe all supports are suddenly ok. I guess we'll know if they've gone too far if HGC starts having 0 support teams.
There have been a number of solo-"support" Abathur games in the Americas recently, actually.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I played some Zagara today for quests, and god is she just a bully if the other team doesn't have someone who can check her.

Believe it or not, I finished Bile Drop once. That was a good game. :allears:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It's honestly really weird to me how fragile a lot of players seem to be. Like, I just played a Cursed Hollow where one player tilted themselves after we lost the level 1 brawl, who then didn't attend the first two tributes which caused another player to tilt off the map and feed the rest of the match.

I don't get any of it.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Sarkozymandias posted:

I'm gonna stop you right there because Tirion is a completely bland Poochie-character that should have got got in the first act of eastern plaguelands instead of loving around being generically holy until they could be bothered to write Turalyon into the game, who is the same exact non-entity except with actual ties to Warcraft Lore. Today I discovered I have strong feelings about WoW-related paladin stuff so I'm gonna need a minute.
Alexandros Mograine, imo. If they're going to have someone wield the Ashbringer in the Nexus, it had better be the Ashbringer himself.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

NameHurtBrain posted:

(barring Trolls, those are a good type of Elf.)
Other way around. Elves are a type of troll.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So now Tracer will just dunk on tanks?
If by "dunk on tanks" you mean that she will be slightly stronger against Arthas and Johanna, yes.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Blast Wave build Ragnaros is also a really fun time, if perhaps not the most optimal.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It seems to pretty clearly be the cathedral in Scarlet Monastery. Here's what it looks like in WoW, for reference:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Twist ending: It's Sally Whitemane, horseman of the Ebon Blade.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
This was definitely a bottom-up design. Somebody discovered that the disc priest shell basically designs itself and then realized that they had no character to pin it to.

Because, y'know, top-down Whitemane is known for precisely three things: Putting the whole group in un-breakable sleep, "Arise, my champion!", and the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I saw a suggestion that Anduin should take after his dad and be a multiclass Hero. He could be a Support or Assassin using Holy or Shadow spec.
While it might make sense for the character (spoilers: it doesn't, the only time Anduin does Shadow stuff is in Hearthstone), this is just a really bad idea. I do not need in my life the Varian+Anduin duo-queues both going DPS.