Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cavelcade posted:

Tell me more.
They lost rather badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The correct answer is, and always will be, Haymaker.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I imagine the Overwatch skin being Diablo-related is more because we're expecting a big Diablo-related announcement as opposed to any sort of HotS indication.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

A turtle made it to the Nexsus!
This combination of memes is just :discourse:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

I mean its turbo disingenuous to go 'they make new heroes OP so they can charge money for them' when almost all the reworks for 2000 gold characters have also been massive power buffs
It also ignores all of the new heroes who were mediocre or bad on release, though it's admittedly been a bit of a while since one has been a total flop.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It's not really a secret that MoP Destruction was busted and needed to be taken down a peg or two, but the WoD era of Charred Remains definitely didn't work out very well.

On the other hand, part of the spec's popularity was 100% the fact that it was overpowered as poo poo. This is really easy to confirm, because literally the same thing happened with Demonology in BfA's alpha/beta. It was initially just tuned too high, and the forums were singing its praises as an amazing spec and the best redesign of the expansion and blah blah blah. Then it got nerfed a little too much (only in numbers, no mechanical changes!) and all of a sudden it was a garbage spec that nobody wanted to play despite being identical in playstyle. Now it looks good again, and opinion has completely swung back the other way.

It's not like HotS is any different. If you build it (overpowered), they will come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Li-Ming remains my top choice as Diablo mascot.

And, really, the real boon to Diablo in Smash would be the Tristram stage. The soundtrack to that game is already ridiculous, adding in Tristram would just be the cherry on top.