Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Wahooo Sulfuron Uther and Mecha Tassadar!
Jackpot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013

HelixFox posted:

Twin Blades is good as a QM stomp spec for when you want to gently caress around - it gets shut down pretty easily but that's fine, really. It's great for lower level play. The biggest problem is that Colossus Smash is designed to make him squishy melee burst assassin, when that's the one that ought to be bruiser-esque. As a result, it remains a bad pick, so most drafts mean Varian pick = Taunt. Boring.

Maximum stomp is ignoring the whole parry talent line and spamming Charge. :black101:

Char
Jan 5, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Smash Varian is not squishy you dweeb. I've seen him quite often in HL and played it as triple parry into smash and you can both delete one person from the map as well as be invincible for like 8 seconds in a row.

He's squishy only if parry is misused.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
It feels like being ignored by Activision executives is bad for asset production but is good for gameplay.
Shocking.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

doverhog posted:

I'm in the market for another game, in case I gave up on this one. Any recommendations? Other mobas are off limits. Overwatch I already considered. Should be something where I can gather levels, admire elven physique, and lose less games because the other people on my team suck.

I basically asked a similar question on the "Recommend me a game" thread and the outlook is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013

doverhog posted:

Where is that thread?

Also the last time I played Gul was in a brawl where I was yelled at for taking drain life talents and not doing enough damage.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=501#post495312872

I didn't mention HOTS, but the question stands.